What's new

MK9 Kano - Best Online Fighter in Fighting Game History?

MK9 Kano - Best Online Fighter in Fighting Game History?

• Total voters

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
round 1, knives and upballs the whole round, with a full meter victory from a choke, then

round 2, FIGHT! - immediate XRay, dash throw, dash throw *they disconnect*

[EVIL]discuss.[/EVIL]

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Don't forget Raiden. Always feels good to perform a fatality on a Raiden superman spammer and teleport sweep/throw player. Man, online is such garbage. Can't wait for 3rd strike, I'll never play this crap again online.

Worst online experience, ever. You better use GGPO next time, you sons of bitches!

But yeah, you gotta put Raiden in that poll, too.

Jamison

Noob
round 1, knives and upballs the whole round, with a full meter victory from a choke, then

round 2, FIGHT! - immediate XRay, dash throw, dash throw *they disconnect*

[EVIL]discuss.[/EVIL]
Every fighting game has a character like Kano and every fighter seems to have the players that want to spam FTW. Although annoying, I love beating this style of play because they are normally the ones that send me hate messages after their defeat. LMAO If I get beat never any hate just part of the game, not my style of play, but it exists and every player has to learn how to deal with it.

Lex

Every fighting game has a character like Kano and every fighter seems to have the players that want to spam FTW. Although annoying, I love beating this style of play because they are normally the ones that send me hate messages after their defeat. LMAO If I get beat never any hate just part of the game, not my style of play, but it exists and every player has to learn how to deal with it.
you obviously havent harnessed the power of online kano

Online Kano has made me want to stop trying. :-(

No matter how good I think I am getting, online Kano comes out, and shuts me down.
Knife spam, knife spam, ball, X-ray, knife spam.

*sigh*

Excuse me while I drown my sorrows in hookers and blow.

/overdramatization

JkOC

Noob
I don't even like fighting kano in the ladder, online i just assume im going to lose, and anything else is a positive, lol.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I got flawlessed by a Raiden who did almost all of his damage with teleport->throw (he did other stuff too, but that's mainly what he was actually landing). I baited it, watched for it, but couldn't manage to do a damn thing about it when it happened. I guess I can partly blame my reaction times and the fact that I didn't just duck or something... but still, the lag...

Online Kano has made me want to stop trying. :-(

No matter how good I think I am getting, online Kano comes out, and shuts me down.
Knife spam, knife spam, ball, X-ray, knife spam.

*sigh*

Excuse me while I drown my sorrows in hookers and blow.

/overdramatization
Fighting kano is all about low risk behavior. With a lot of characters, you can be heavily rewarded by taking the risk of a jump in, or taking the risk by teleporting. Not with kano. His ball TORTURES EVERYTHING. He can ball teleports, he can ball jump ins, wake ups, blocked attacks. It's ridiculous, but you can't get away with nearly anything against kano. KEEP THIS IN MIND.

BLOCK. BLOCK ALL THE DAMN TIME. FRIGGEN ALWAYS. I'M NOT SCREWING AROUND. If you aren't always blocking, kano WILL start taking advantage of the up ball and what not. He will punish you for absolutely everything, if you don't block as often as possible. Just note that. With kano, spacing is VASTLY important. If you stand too far, his knife spam WILL bust through your defense. Especially online. I think the only characters that can out spam kano are skarlet, stryker, and sindel. Everyone else will just start eating knives, and they are fairly powerful projectiles too.

On the other hand, if you stand too close to kano, his block strings and up/downs are powerful enough to guarantee you eat a good chunk of damage, which will be come a serious issue. Furthermore, when he starts his block strings, if he's smart, he will be waiting for you to jump out in which case you'll eat an upball. No no no, being close is not where you want to be against kano.

You want about 1/3's screen distance from kano at all times. This is for several reasons. First of all, when at 1/3-1/4's screen distance, kano CANNOT safely get away with knife spam, so long as you punish intelligently. If you manage to jump forward before the knife comes out, you get a free jump in. If you end up blocking, you can choose to quickly AND CAREFULLY scoot forward, but do not be too risky on block. At this stage you're trying to bait the ball. It shouldn't be too difficult with most kano players. Make sure you block it when it comes out and punish as hard as your little cheeto dust covered fingers will allow you too. Once you've properly trained the kano player not to just throw out the ball, things get interesting. Kano's next options are to try and mix knives in with the ball, in which case you need to make sure you maintain that important spacing. Once you've taken that option away, it's time for him to move in for the block strings. They are fairly quick, and provide long enough block stun to allow kano to continue the pressure with relative safety. I might suggest low jabbing the block strings if you are able, and if you're feeling ballsy and havent' been abusing the jump, then you can go for a jump in and attempt to surprise him with a change of tactics. DO NOT SPEND MUCH TIME IN THE AIR. I promise they will start reading it and throwing out the ball faster than you will realize.

In short, dash block till you have 1/4ths screen distance, bait and punish the ball, block and push forward on knives, and low jab or cross over his block strings, but most importantly STAY DEFENSIVE, STAY LOW RISK, STAY SMART.

PS: Watch out for the air grab cause it's annoying, and the xray cause its ridiculous. If he has full meter, his xray has great range for an unblockable attack, and will give you the pleasure of recieving 2 broken femurs, and a boot-shaped hole in your face, so please be careful when close to kano when he has his xray. Once you leave the ground you can't be grabbed out of the air by the xray, but crotching will still get your fucked up. If you're able, or you get a good read, you can cross over kano's dumbass unblockable xray and lay it on him as heavy as you want.

THIS IS ALL I GOT FOR KANO RIGHT NOW.

Lex

even walls of text cannot help you vs. the wrath of the australian terminator. as soon as they see your cursor get close to kano they unselect and get ready to pick their main.

Lex

mods theres something wrong with the poll system i think, 6 ppl chose the wrong answer

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i dont know why you would make this poll now, after upball is nerfed i have no problem punishing it even online

IMO, even before upball got nerfed, raiden was the still true god of online

good luck uppercutting teleport on reaction (i can do this nearly 100% of the time offline), he can teleport for free online. there is no reason not to spam it

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I love Kano, if you got the stick he's very difficult to deal with. When playing with the pad, I don't find that he has any advantages other than the up ball and I find his combos harder to do, especially the 2,1,2 dash 2,1,2.

I don't know if anyone else has a problem doing that combo with a pad

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've tried using exclusively Kano for the past few days and I still think HDR Bison gives him a run for the money.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Someone needs to host a Kano online tournament. Kano vs Kano only, the winner gets to be hogtied into a ball then fired out of a cannon!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
they seriously need to fix the fukn online so people can stop bitching about handicap kano

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know I'm going to get trolled for this, but whatever. Kano is my main and I play him online. I've been playing since day 1 and I've seen maybe 5 people pick him (I play on xbox live). Nobody plays as him. As far as the people being discussed in this forum, I don't know why people would spam with him when he's such a good rushdown character. The only time I hang back and zone with knives is against Sub-Zero where a rushdown offense just isn't viable. Otherwise I'm sticking right next to you and taking your ass down with a mix of high, low, and medium attacks. I think too many people confuse zoning, which is a valid strategy, with spamming, which is the talentless repetition of an easy move. Usually it's the mediocre players who don't know how to handle zoning tactics that seem to be the most confused. I also see people hang back across the screen waiting for me to come to them so they can punish my wavedash or jump (Ermac players are known to do this) and they get really mad if I start tossing knives to make them come to me. Screw anyone who calls you a spammer for not falling for their half-assed strategy. It's gotten so bad (mainly because of posts like this...) that if I use even a single knife in a match I get called a spammer. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Troll away...

Kano can be difficult to deal with offline depending on who you pick but online it's nearly impossible due to the amazing "retro netcode"(Thanks whoever you are!), so I voted yes, since the title says online. With that said, ever since they fixed the upball and nerfed the knives i haven't came across many Kano's anymore. Almost everyone I fight now is Reptile elbow dashers, Raiden teleport, throw, sweepers, supermans, MK2 OTG smokes, MK3 Cyrax bomb trappers, and Kunt Lao low hatters mixups oh and that dreadful yellow ninja from hell. EDIT:
Almost forgot that biatch dressed up in toiler paper with poor dental hygiene. I come across lots of those and all they usually do is teleport kick, roll, and when they get close low poke you. I love fighting those, those usually lag more than others for some reason.

Danno

Noob
Possibly the worst for online actually. Cant time upballs well unless you are spamming them all day.

Not any worse than the smoke players with the teleport/smoke bomb spam

And with his only combos being very strict on timing.. its very tough to play him right

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Possibly the worst for online actually. Cant time upballs well unless you are spamming them all day.

Not any worse than the smoke players with the teleport/smoke bomb spam

And with his only combos being very strict on timing.. its very tough to play him right
Thank you, Danno! The timing on Kano's kombos is borderline retarded! If they're going to nerf his special moves at least make his input timing more forgiving! I drop kombos online that I would NEVER mess up offline! There's nothing more frustrating than blocking a teleport spammer only to lose your punishment kombo because the timing is so strict that even the smallest amount of lag renders it useless.