What's new

MK9 - How To? Q&A

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
I wanted to make this thread so we could all have a place to ask the simple question of how to do certain things we are unsure of or simply dont know how to do.

Don't feel dumb if you dont know how to do something, we are all still learning, so just ask questions if you want answers.

On that note, I'm not posting this thread as if I have answers to everything because I don't, I'm starting this thread because I have questions and thought some others might as well.

MY first question, how do you perform a Babality? Do you have to unlock something in the Krypt? I have been trying to do Kit's and cant land it for whatever reason. I know her Babality is: forward, forward, down, forward, circle, (jumping distance) but it will not ever land. Is there something I'm missing??

My second question is simple, how do you roll backwards when recovering?? I can not figure this out. Please help.

From what I've heard, to perform a Babality you have to not use the block button at all in the final round (or maybe it's just that you can't block any attacks).

As for recovery-rolling: Just hit any button or direction as you hit the ground. Or, if you hold D to stay down, press B to roll backwards afterwards.

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
From what I've heard, to perform a Babality you have to not use the block button at all in the final round (or maybe it's just that you can't block any attacks).

As for recovery-rolling: Just hit any button or direction as you hit the ground. Or, if you hold D to stay down, press B to roll backwards afterwards.
I appreciate the assistance. I have tried multiple things while trying to roll back during recovery and nothing seems to work...

I think that's just the Shao Kahn and maybe Goro or Kintaro babality. You can't normally perform fatalities on bosses, but if you meet special conditions then you'll be able to do it when you beat them. For Shao Kahn I think you have to beat arcade mode on expert without block and use a babality on all of the first 8 matches. For Goro or Kintaro I'm not sure.

For normal babalities, I think you might just be able to do them any time if you look up the command, but I'm not completely sure. I did arcade mode with Sindel the other day and looked up her babality and did it with no problem, but later I was using Kano and couldn't do it. I also haven't managed to pull it off with Sindel in fatality tutorial mode, so it might not be possible there.

cyke_out

Noob
How do i do a safe jump in this game!?
anybody knows any setups!?
It depends on the character. But certain strings put the opponent into a stagger state on hit, where the only thing they can do is just block. This allows you to either dash up or jump-in and put them into a mix-up situation.

This is literally my first fighting game so please bare with me here. I can never dash fast/far enough to finish off my combo, like with Kung Lao if I spin~dive kick I can never reach them to finish it off. Does this just take practice or am I missing something?

This is literally my first fighting game so please bare with me here. I can never dash fast/far enough to finish off my combo, like with Kung Lao if I spin~dive kick I can never reach them to finish it off. Does this just take practice or am I missing something?
well with kung lao, buffer the dash while youre doing the dive kick, and hit lp or w/e immediately.
and by buffer i mean input the dash command while he is doing the dive kick.

As for babalities (or whatever), you cannot block on the winning around. So if you're up 1-0, you can't block the entire round. Then every character has a babality combo to do. My buddy has been doing them onling to people. Its funny. But he's not trying to get the Shau Kaun bability.

To get SK babality, you have to babality every fight during the ladder and cannot lose a single match. You can lose rounds, just not matches. And the second round of fighting, you cannot block.

Goro/Kintauro, no blocking in the winning round.

P.s.
You can press the block button during the match, but you cannot actually block something. So you can spam it, just make sure not to block anything.

My question, what does it mean "can be punished by full combos"? Like what are the different stages of being punished? Also, what does safe on block mean? I'm just reading up on stuff and everyone is using these terms in different context. Hard to keep up with this cool new lingo.

tenshox

Noob
My question, what does it mean "can be punished by full combos"? Like what are the different stages of being punished? Also, what does safe on block mean? I'm just reading up on stuff and everyone is using these terms in different context. Hard to keep up with this cool new lingo.
Safe on Block = if this move gets blocked, you are safe; e.g. you can block, dash before the opponent can hit you. Depending on how safe it is you could set up frame traps etc..

Punished by full combo = if this gets blocked, the opponent is able to perform a combo/move of his choice to damage you.

TWZTID

Noob
you can perform a babality even if you block. Just use the block as little as possible. If you block the whole round, forget it. i just block the moves that cant be crouched,like cage's en dash kick.