What's new

MK8 Confirmed by Midway

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hmm, they said nothing about this DC crossover rumor that's interesting.

Awesome update none the less :)

dubson

Noob
This has been confirmed for a while now, and it has been cofirmed for a while now that it will have a "Gears of War" Theme to it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What does that mean exactly "Gears of War theme". I myself am honestly not interested in playing anything other than a 1 on 1 fighting game.

dubson

Noob
What I mean by theme, and what they mean is that they want it to seem more "Dark" and Ed Boon said he loved how Gears of War was graphically, and how the Blood is and stuff like that and he wants it to be like that, which is why he is using the Unreal Engine.

As far as I know, it should still be 1 on 1 Kombat, but with Gears of War style Graphics, Blood, Darkness, etc...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hmmm...MK8...who knew?

I still need to hear Ed or John tell us this Vs or MK vs DC is a rumor and nothing more.

MKF30

It will in fact have that GOW look to it, but most likely darker, bloodier, more gruesome since this is MK afterall. Boon also said he want's it more serious, grittier, dirtier and such but doe like the GOW look. He's going for a similar look and since Midway now is involved with UR games, they'll use that engine to help out.

Can't wait :eek:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Midway: uhh, sorry everybody. Unreal on ps3 is delayed. But it's not our fault. Its the PS3. We swear. But, uhh, we're still doing cool shit. Right Ed?

Ed Boon (looks up from playing T5DR on PSP): what? Me?

Midway: scowl

Ed Boon: ummmmmm...MK8 is confirmed? Yeah! MK8 is indeed being worked on. We havent cancelled it and you can't push back a release date if you havent set one, right? Heh...heh...

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Midway: uhh, sorry everybody. Unreal on ps3 is delayed. But it's not our fault. Its the PS3. We swear. But, uhh, we're still doing cool shit. Right Ed?

Ed Boon: ummmmmm...MK8 is confirmed? Yeah! MK8 is indeed being worked on. We havent cancelled it and you can't push back a release date if you havent set one, right? Heh...heh...
(Dan chimes in) TOASTY!

MKF30

dreemernj said:

LOL, yeah dude my friend told me about that last night via message on myspace I was laughing because Sony thought they had an edge or head start now both UR games are coming out the same time for both systems meaning the 360 will spank the PS3 version not a doubt in my mind.

Why? Not cause of the graphics...but becaue of online play.

Sucks for sony fanboys... :lol: Sony once again gets Fffd N Da Ass...

At least this puts that "midway is sony bias BS" to rest now that some people used to think.

RoGE

Noob
The only thing I see what went wrong with the PS3, was the price, and that got many people turned off.

If they made the graphics more like the 360 and scraped the blu-ray crap then the price would be pretty decent. Of course thats as long as they don't make it anything like the 360...

REDRINGS O' DETH

Tim Static

Adminerator
$600 is cheap for a Blu-Ray player. Only having 2-3 MUST have games a year after launch doesnt help. The people at Sony are idiots because they think your idiots. In another words they assumed that the system would sell itself on name alone. WRONG!

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
$600 is cheap for a Blu-Ray player. Only having 2-3 MUST have games a year after launch doesnt help. The people at Sony are idiots because they think your idiots. In another words they assumed that the system would sell itself on name alone. WRONG!
Blu Ray players are more like $450 now.

MKF30

Tim Static said:
Exactly...seriously I don't know one person who wants a PS3 for the media or this "blu ray" nonsense lol.

Not to mention most people I know already have HD and are perfectly fine with that.

When it comes to consoles, I want them for games, online play and having fun. I don't care about watching movies or brushing my teeth cyberly or anything... lol

dreemernj

Ambassador
MKF30 said:
Tim Static said:
Exactly...seriously I don't know one person who wants a PS3 for the media or this "blu ray" nonsense lol.

Not to mention most people I know already have HD and are perfectly fine with that.

When it comes to consoles, I want them for games, online play and having fun. I don't care about watching movies or brushing my teeth cyberly or anything... lol
Not to mention they just started releasing Blu Ray movies with BD+ encryption to further battle piracy. The discs just plain don't work in some players, and in players like the PS3 it can add 2 minutes of loading time to the movies. Ridiculous.

If you value your patience, avoid Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and The Day After Tomorrow. They both recently came out with BD+.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I got F4:ROTSS and I have no problems with it or anyother Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray is way better than HD, in my opinion.

MKF30

Tim Static said:
I got F4:ROTSS and I have no problems with it or anyother Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray is way better than HD, in my opinion.
Good point dreemer, on top of that isn't the price ridiculous? You guys ever see the prices in say Best Buy or something, HD widescreen compared to blu ray. Unfortunately though I doubt piracy will ever be elminated, I know people that are "geniuses" literally with bootlegging, pirating etc. Blue ray won't stop them.

Despite who likes blue ray or HD better, I'm perfectly fine with a widescreen DVD. Blue Ray doens't look good enough for me to spend that much money on it.