What's new

MK4 Character Guides

Hey why you said that? he just want to tell you that Sonya have a easier starter just that, and also he gave you some inf, and you answer like that i don´t get why you´re mad... and that also she have infinities... but after all ded_ love your post xD so, let´s love it too LOL!

I don't understand what the problem is. I merely mentioned "hey I was playing the game, and I found this"

I wasn't trying to say I found a better combo then him. It is a funner combo definately, better no. Just another option.

When I mention what I did, and someone says "what's your point"

They are being rude, and me? I tend to say something. Instead of slobbing all over ded's dick like the rest of you.

Round 1 Darkmoon

Babality.

Bitch.

Hey i was playing with Reptile and I found out this one near corner

HpHkDhp,runHp,crawl,hp,jhk,bfpunch move

whats my point? I was playing the game and having fun and I did something.

Now let me guess this einstein is going to tell me that hp,hp,hk,hk,crawl,bf punch 38% is higher damage and easyer.

Holy Cow are you serious? Wow you know who would of thunk someone would just post with some shit.

ded

Elder God
"whats your point" -> like what do you mean with this combo, not "why you bother to post it"

saying that the guide already has an easier combo with the same damage is nothing bad. its different story that you think yourself for a big deal when actually i had no idea who you jerk are until i saw your nickname in a couple of threads.

who the hell are you to even talk to me about combos? a gAy who plays mk2 and think himself for unbeatable mofo LOL.

go back from where you came from and have fun playing mk2 :wink:

I'm not trying to argue with you. That is the last thing I ever wanted. I took what you said as you trying to talk shit and put me down.

I am Freddie and I will talk to you about combos all I like. Who are you to talk about combos? So your some fool that finds out combos 10 years after the game is released, cool. Me too.

ded_ said:
its different story that you think yourself for a big deal

a gAy who plays mk2 and think himself for unbeatable mofo LOL.

:wink:

Come back when you learn better english. Imbecile.

ded

Elder God
i see no talk shit except in your posts.

and this is a sub-forum for a 10 year old game and people that play it, seems you are not one of them, so dont post here (there is a sub-forum for a 15 year old game - go post there ;]

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ÐarkMoon said:
ded_ said:
whats your point? her standart combo is easier and its also 46%.
My point is I found a combo you did not list asshole.

The fact that you would even respond like that. Shows me that you actually got a little butthurt that i listed a combo you did not. Aww.

I was merely saying something I did. Nothing more, Nothing less. Just sharing some fun that I did the other day. Your childish response and Your E-Penis shines hard and I now enjoy laughter at your expense.

Suck a dick. You're not the only one that can find combos idiot. Congradulations at finding and posting easy ones.
A totally unncessary reply to a response that was merely geared toward the competitive end of the game followed by more. Please don't let this happen again Darkmoon. You know why ded said it and you used it as an excuse to bash him.

Shock said:
ÐarkMoon said:
ded_ said:
whats your point? her standart combo is easier and its also 46%.
My point is I found a combo you did not list asshole.

The fact that you would even respond like that. Shows me that you actually got a little butthurt that i listed a combo you did not. Aww.

I was merely saying something I did. Nothing more, Nothing less. Just sharing some fun that I did the other day. Your childish response and Your E-Penis shines hard and I now enjoy laughter at your expense.

Suck a dick. You're not the only one that can find combos idiot. Congradulations at finding and posting easy ones.
A totally unncessary reply to a response that was merely geared toward the competitive end of the game followed by more. Please don't let this happen again Darkmoon. You know why ded said it and you used it as an excuse to bash him.
Whats your point?

You didn't like me saying it much either did you?

ded

Elder God
seems my english is not good enough for ya now, at least i know other languages than the one which is in my country.

post another "cool" combos you have found, they are so cool! ^^

MKK hanzo

Well the fact that you posted a combo that wasnt on the guide doesnt mean that we didnt discovered it/did it/knew it... I mean there are LOTS of combos that are not making it to the guide for being mere variations of other combos or things that could be orthless on a vs match.

Nice combo BTW but it was already found. And yes I think that you can post any combo you dont see listed. But remember what I said before.

Not all the combos posted are easy. I doubt that most ppl will get for example Sonyas hphp sujk inf in a real match and for that are the guides. For ppl learn. Not all have awesome hand skill or execution. What is better than learn an easy combo and later found yourself doing awesome shit?

Your 2 previous post show that:

You just messed up with mk4 for a while, then came around founding a good combo.

The guides serc¡ved their purpouse. they teached you to be a better player/comboer/wathever you wanna be.

And no, nor Ded_, nor hanzo, nor Grinder, nor Shock are the only ones who can find awesome combos.

all in all with some words of advice from shock.

My point is. I'm Playing the game, actually trying to explore and find new things. You guys probably know this combo and a million others better. I just wanted to share some of my knowledge that i just learned.

No hard feelings? I took it the wrong way.

I look up to you guys.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He was pointing out that he's exploring the game because of the knowledge posted here, and an example that he came up with something on his own, but when ded reitterated that there is something more useful he took that as saying his combo was worthless and don't bother trying. This I understood.

Fine. Misunderstanding, my point was the context of the Dark's reply was way over reacting, that is all. Unnecessary style, not an unnecessary response. I consider this matter over and no reason for anyone else to come in on it.

Hell yea, Raiden rules.

Hp,Hp,Hk,dHP,aaHP,jHKHP,Torpedo 39% :D

I completely forgot that you could air combo from HP to HK and stuff in MK4. Gonna test it out with some of the stuff i was fooling around with before.

ded

Elder God
Raiden

Raiden is ranked 9 out of 15 caracters available on MK4. he has many evasive tactics with his Tlpt and also with the torpedo. He isnt that damaging alone and his weapon combos are limited, but the Torpedo done on reaction and his rushdown coupled with his Lightning makes him a very dangerous character in the right hands. Watch out for Teleport into LK throw or wake up torpedos. He can be used as a zonner too.

Having standar moves, Rayden has only a nice aaHk and a fast Lk. All his attacks share properties with the rest of the characters. His crouched Hk is the Kick launcher that will be exlained in the general guide. Slow sweep and RH and a nice uppercutt (i dont know why but I feel more solid the Rayden uppercut). Jumping attacks are ok and the most important thing about them is that all can be cancelled by his air torpedo. this leads to some nasty mind games (Jump HP HK + Torpedo = 37%).

His teleport is very fast and can be comboed virtually off any hit. When rushing is particulary good because you an end behind you foe and trick his blocking. After an Lk or Lp throw too. You can use it as part of a combo after a pop up but its very difficult to do. Dont over abuse the Tlpt because it can be scouted and punished. As already mentioned he can use teleport in juggles but its not recomended since the position for it is specific.

The torpedo is an excelent move. Its best used in combos. If blocked, it can be heavly punished by anyone (Scorpion hurts the most). Its excellent as a combo ender. Dont use it as a transportation move, unless against step in/out opps. The best use you can give to it is to caugh your enemy. In crossups is very good as you hit for example Hk and do the tap for the torpedo but delay the Lk button. If your foe blocks it, watch for the most minimal block release and hit Lk. Free Torpedo. this can be scouted of course, but if you take the time to master it and you can "hit confirm" this become a deadly tactic. Also, if you happen to collide airborne with someone, hit quickly Hk and air torpedo. Dont use it as an anti crossup cause it can be hit. in corners it do good damage. Its very good to escape aa atempts. If you do an air torpedo and fail it at all, it must be punished airborne because you just cannot when it lands.

The lightning is one of the best proyectiles in the entire game. When used in a combo its the second fastest proyectile in the game. If you use it in a rushdown pattern, be sure to always cancel it off something to ensure contact and to make it safer. to punish it the foe must block it from very close. It can end a long combo but it does less damage than the torpedo. A standard rush pattern could be R. HkLp R.Lp into Lightning. This simple stuff is very safe, allowing sometimes even a teleport into LK throw which will cause good damage.

His wpn is very damaging but slow. Used in combos is very good. Hkhk Draw Wpn, Jump Hp , Torpedo its an easy combo and does about 40%. All of his wpn attacks if blocked can be punisheable by the "punishers" Liu, Reiko, Jax and Sub. Airborne attacks have all great priority and back jHP done on reaction as an aa followed by a torpedo is very good. You can also set up traps doing blocked jLp on purpose and when your foe goes in retaliation...free torpedo. Another good wake up strat could be comboed HK, B+HP or HP with weapon then teleport and wake up LK throw. Its also possible to use LP weapon attack as a last hit into maximum damage and continue the juggle after it buts its very risky because this weapon attack with Raiden is very slow.

Both of his throws are excellent because they damage a lot and leave the foe confused if you mix it with the teleport. Specially the Lk one wich makes the camera crazy if you tlport.

Raiden has no know infinites.

Turning off the maximum damage will cause Raiden to get about 50-50%+ juggles in corner but thats it. His overall game with max damage off will be excactly the same as it should be with max damage turned on.

Basic Juggles:

1. HP, HP, HK, HK, Torpedo (5 Hits, 29%)
2. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHPx2, Jump HK, Torpedo (8 Hits, 35%)
3. HK, HK, Draw Weapon, Jump HP, Torpedo (5 Hits, 40%) Video!

Advanced Juggles:

1. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaSUJK, aaHK, Torpedo (7 Hits, 34%)
2. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHP, Jump HP HK, Torpedo (8 Hits, 39%)
3. (near corner) HP, HP, HK, D+HP, Jump HK, Jump HP HK, Torpedo (8 Hits, 41%)

Punishers:

1. aaHPx2, Jump HK, Torpedo (4 Hits, 23%)
2. aaSUJK, HK, Torpedo (3 Hits, 35%)
3. (near corner) HK, Jump HK, Jump HP HK, Torpedo (5 Hits, 41%)
4. (near corner) aaSUJK, Draw Weapon (B+LP if with wpn), Jump HP, Torpedo (4 Hits, 41%) Video!

MKK hanzo

Liu Kang

Our chinese fellow is at the mid of the tier list. That means 7 of 15 players in Mk4. Fast as hell and with so-so damaging combos available at all time. Liu can be a headache for many players. He can be played like Liu in Mk1 and Nighwolf (punishing everithing blocked). He can turtle a little but his wpn helps him to rush and inflict good chip damage. The Flying Kick is perfect for punishers and wakeups, fireballs could be used as zoning sometimes mixed with aa Bike Kick + juggle and his weapon makes him very annoying enemy.

His moves are all basic, with nothing special to write about. RH and Sweep slow as usual. Nice aaHp for retaliations. Nice aaHk easily followed by a flying Kick for a simple 2 hit juggle. Also punisher aaSUJK Hk release bike kick aaHp Flyin Kick is very damaging and relatively easy. normal Uppercutt and crouched attacks. Both of his throws are good. Specially his Lk wich can be used as a mixup starter.

Fireballs are kind of good here. Both grounded high and low can be seen easily and heavily punished by jumping over there. Low fireball as always, has the ongest recovery of the 2. Ground fireballs are not used much but the high one is good for minimal zoning for example after connecting a long combo that doesnt end on max dam). Air fireball is excellent! You can avoid aa traps like Hks or trip sweeps. It can be used as a crossup tool ala Raiden torpedo and best of all: His recovery if hit (blocked or not) is minimal allowing Liu to preempetive run and combo/grab. If the fireball whiff it has a lttle more recovery. Air juggles like Jump HP HK + Air Fireball would get 32% which by MK4 Standarts is very good aa juggle. Watch out for teleporters when spaming fireballs.

Bike kick is improved here. Can be used as an anti crossup and best yet: If you do it in a Juggle, you can follow it with another hits. It can be used to extend his combos and create very damaging combinations. In corner is particulary deadly because of the aforementioned. If blocked it will go into punishment mode but recovers fast. It cannot be used as a transport move because its shorter here than in MK2/Umk3. As already mentioned it can be followed by a juggle, for example mid-screen: Bike Kick, aaLP/HP Wpn Attack, Flying Kick or aaLP, Flying Kick x 2 in corner. Its possible to get otg aaSUJK mid-screen after bike kick and then Flying Kick but its very difficult.

Flying Kick sees here his best version ever. it can punish ALL BLOCKED OR WHIFFED ATTACKS in the game. Sweep? Punished. Wpn attack blocked? Punished. Lk/Hk standing? Punished. Close blocked fireballs? Punished. It can go out of corner traps and run away from crossups. It would be excellent for transportation if it didnt travel the screen that much. Think of it as a Nightwolf UMK3 Shadow ram. You can even fake your foe by doing for example HpHpHkHk Fly Kick, Then inmediately Fly Kick. Can be connected twice in a corner Juggle (like NW shoulder). If blocked it can easy punished. It can be used as an escape from jab and corner pressure and catch jumpers.

Liu's wpn is good and fast. It has a medium launcher (Lp) and a very good dashing stap (b+ Lp) that hits crouched foes. His neutral Hp is a rushdown attack. A quick swipe that can be repeated up to 3 times but is better to leave it at 1 hit. Like HkHp > HkHp and so. Its very difficult to get out of this trap unles you are Scorp or Sub.Also you can mixup heavyly from there. B + Lp is a spinning strike similar to Sonyas and it also can be done several times in the corner, there is also an infinite using this weapon which is completely useless and we will not go into details about it, otherwise it should be done in close corners and you must do few hits in corner when the last one gets them out of corner, then run under the opp and do aaSUJK followed by another spinning attack into the other corner and repeat it, again there is no sense to try it in a vs match. Liu has one extra weapon attack. After his LP wpn attack press immidiately HP, this is somehow like Baraka's double HK in MK2, you cant get that special HP wpn attack alone, it has to be done after LP attack. What it gives you is a free juggle (HP, HP, HK, HK, Weapon Draw, ~HP, Flying Kick - 39%). B+HP can be used as a wake up and thats it.

No different game for Liu Kang if Maximum Damage is turned off, the only thing that could eventually help you (if you manage to get someone with it) is his B+LP weapon attack in corner.

Basic Juggles:

1. HP, HP, HK, HK, Flying Kick (5 Hits, 29%)
2. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHPx2, Bike Kick, aaLP, Flying Kick (9 Hits, 40%)
3. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHP, Jump HP HK, Air Fireball (8 Hits, 36%)

Advanced Juggles:

1. HP, HP, HK, D+HP, SUJK, HK, Flying Kick (7 Hits, 34%)
2. (near corner) HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHPx2, Bike Kick, aaLP, Flying Kick x 2 (10 Hits, 48%) Video!
3. (near corner) HP, HP, HK, D+HP, SUJK, HK, Bike Kick, aaHP, Flying Kick (9 Hits, 46%)
4. HP, HP, HK, HK, Weapon Draw, ~HP, Flying Kick (7 Hits, 39%)

Punishers:

1. SUJK, HK, Flying Kick (3 Hits, 34%/ 43% for Second Flying Kick in corner)
2. SUJK, HK, Bike Kick, aaLP, Flying Kick (5 Hits, 46%) Video!
3. (With Weapon) SUJK, B+HP, Flying Kick (3 Hits, 41%)