What's new

MK4 Character Guides

ded

Elder God
Its hard to get more than 3 SUJKs, but the timing is just by holding Up and type the HK/LK button through short period of time

wow I did it!
One more question: If I was to do Sonya's flip kick consecutively how do I cancel the respawning time or instantly reset the time for it?

Okay thanks!
I have the Project64 1.6 emulator, and how do I record my gameplays? And how do I slow down the gameplay? Theres no option there that lets me do it.

ded

Elder God
Mupen64 can slow down the emu and supports frame advance. There should be somewhere option called "Record avi"

Help for the inept, or casually entertained.

Hi,
I've been a fan of Mortal Kombat since I had MK1 on floppy disks and played it on my 386 back in the day. I later acquired MK2 which took a whopping 8 1.44" floppys for the install process, but I loved. I could actually do all the moves. I'd go to the arcade and the subtle nuances of analog controllers really boggled my mind. A keyboard, on the hand, I could know that i succinctly pressed these exact keys in this sequence and in this time, and it was awesome.

times change, and well, I drifted onward to quake, unreal, max payne, farcry, and countless other fps, rpg, and otherwise fun pc games as everything went console, and I like my 'puter, especially since i get to create MODs for all those games. But every now and then, it strikes me to go back and play something that just is beaten' somebody up in really cool visual and often bloody ways. MK4 is awesome for that. However, i'm not that style of gamer, normally, as you can guess from my brief list here, i don't normally play fighter games, except Battle Arena Tshinden 2 for my PS1 (until the cd drive died on it).
So I figure I'd ask a little help. NOt the help mind of the complete and utterly total noob, but one who hasn't been around this corner of the block in a LONG time.

I ask, what do all the different "modifiers" mean?
I've checked sever MK4 guide sites, some include combos, others just the default special abilities of each character, definitely most with the codes to get the secret characters, etc, etc, etc. All of list the standard, U,F,B,D,HP,LP,HK,LK,RN,BL, etc. But then looking at some of the combos, other things are listed.
Like one site says: HK,jump HK,HP,HK air chain.
Okay, does jump HK mean as it is described here as SUJK, and is the U+HK, or U+LK, or does it not matter. And then what is the HK air chain? Is the the SUJK,HK,SUJK,HK.

And also for the SUJK, which i believe is the U+HK for most characters where if the millisecond time is right you actually manage to kick the opponent before you jump over their head, which happens 9 out of 10 times for me. but then there is also the aaHPx2. Now i get the "idea" of anti air attack. but hwo is that different from a simple HP. Do i UF+HP, UB+HP, D+HP, or is it something else that makes the HP and aaHP?

As I said, sometimes it is a little confusing with a lot of these games, because i know i specifically hit those buttons in that sequence, sometimes fast sometimes slow, and it doesn't exactly work as expected every time. So I often think I'm missing something (other than practice and general skill), so I ask could someone be a bit more specific about such things, and explain them in actual key presses. (i wish i could do the videos, but i'm not a very visual learner, tragically).

Thanks for your time,
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Mgo

Noob
Tonight me and Hanzo decided to start the MK4 Strategy Guide. Since this game is very overrated but its hella fun to play actually, we will try our best to write this guide.

I think you wanted to say underrated.

Reactions: ded