What's new

MK3 stages or UMK3 stages?

RoGE

Noob
MK3, The church place has to be the best MK stage imo, it describes how dark MK is...

Derek

Noob
ded_ said:
its one of my favorite backgrounds :D
The Church is a really really good one, my next favorite stage would probably have to be either The Bell Tower or Rooftops.

The Church is indeed one of the best stages. Too bad no one picks it online...

Anyway, I like all the stages. Except Scislac Busorez and that portal stage from MK3. I want something original/interesting... at least they could have added a pit fatality...

dreemernj

Ambassador
For me:
1) Church
2) Graveyard
3) Subway

I've been fiddling a bit with making 3D models of some of them too. So far the only one I've done is the deadpool from MK2 (sans chains),

Kazlaz

Noob
Dude the Scorpion stage is so boring now i mean over and over and over and now im getting tired with hidden character stage too.

i like the pit stages all of them are awsome

kazlaz said:
Dude the Scorpion stage is so boring now i mean over and over and over and now im getting tired with hidden character stage too.

i like the pit stages all of them are awsome
Everywhere you go, you find Scorpions Lair, even in Scorpion fatality, you'll eventually go blind because of that stage.

The Bank, The Subway, The Belltower, The Pit 3, Hidden Portal (Smoke Fight).
I pretty much like any stage with a stage fatality.

i don't know why they took out the bank and gave us that horrible bland waterfront scene.

Favorite Stage: The Pit II from MKII, back when Boon and Tobias actually cared about Mortal Kombat looking good, and took it an extra step to have that 3D pit fatal.

all of MK3's pits were more of a joke.

krsx

Noob
I like the MK3 stages, but the UMK3 stages are pretty lame, maybe only Scorpion's lair and the Cave were any good - but all of them seemed out of place, whereas the MK3 ones were all around the city or Kahn's fortress.

My fave MK3 ones:

Smoke's portal - because it was the one stage (at the time) that wasn't part of the storyline, kinda like Goro's Lair in MK2. It was more like an MKII stage.

Pit 3 - I liked Shao Kahn's throne, the stone heads in the background, and the stage fatal.

Soul Chamber - just really cool, the soulnado and the shadow priests in particular.

Subway was cool, as was the Rooftop, and the Bridge and Street seemed to fit the vibe of the game nicely.

My all time MK3 fave is one that never made the game in its entirety unfortunately, and that's the Bank concept from MKDA's krypt. The helicopter crashed into the side of the building is perfect for the MK3 aura, and it's a shame they didn't put it in what turned out to be an otherwise bland arena. Couldn't find a pic of the sketch on the net, anyone have one they can post?