What's new

MK2 Team Tournament

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
  • After some delay, the final result in the championship matchup was 23-17.... in favor of team DCI/Ninja!

TOURNAMENT BRACKET
    http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=374256

SIGNUPS
    -----------------
    Team #1: DCIguy/ninjalord
    Team #2: McNasty/ 1/4good
    Team #3: Dave0/Raven
    Team #4: Scheiss/X820
    Team #5: tonshaad/Deathbringer
    Team #6: dookiebrain/gremloc
    Team #7:
    Team #8:

Individual players without a partner
    ---------------------------------------
    1. john2kx

If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
    http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=1046.0

OFFICIAL RULES
    • Each team will be comprised of two players. You are permitted to pick your own teammate. Each participant much register individually (but if signing up as a team, please indicate your teammate in your post.)
    • Matchup selection will be done via names out of a hat drawing as is customary.
    • Each teammate will play each member of the opposing team. In total, a series will last 20 games (10 against one player, 10 against the other team player).
    • You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 4-9 or 6-7) and character matchups if you remember them.
    • Tourney duration will one night.
    • To avoid unfair counterpicking, all matches MUST be done using random select.
    • In order to register, you MUST post in this thread and state you wish to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    • If you have been previously banned from CMK, you are not permitted to enter the tournament. CMK staff reserves the right, at any time, to disqualify any participant suspected of ban evasion.
    DISQUALIFICATIONS
    • If a player selects a character without random select that match will NOT count. If you accidentally pick Liu Kang or Reptile, then the match will not count and will be omitted. (If you need to message your opponent in game for whatever reason then let the timer run out on the character select screen)
    • If a player willingly quits than that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below
    • If a player no-shows or does not complete the 10 matches they are disqualified
    • If a person is lagging severely with several people, intentional or not, that player may be removed from the entire tournament.
    • Anyone suspected of purposely lagging a match to gain an unfair advantage will be disqualified.
    • If a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. if a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.
    In order to optimize internet speed, Please DO NOT:
    • have anything other than MAME running on your PC
    • any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls
    Enjoy!

X820

Noob
MK2 Team Tournament - SIGNUPS OPEN

What happends in case of a draw between both teams, first to 5?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

X820 said:
What happends in case of a draw between both teams, first to 5?
Good call, never considered that.

In the case of a draw, ONE player from each team will play a best of 5 series to determine the winner.

X820

Noob

dciguy01 said:
Good call, never considered that.

In the case of a draw, ONE player from each team will play a best of 5 series to determine the winner.
Hehe, I thought of that aswell, who plays who? (counterpicking..)

How about both player of both teams play, first to win 3.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

X820 said:
Hehe, I thought of that aswell, who plays who? (counterpicking..)

How about both player of both teams play, first to win 3.
Nah, it's meant to be a tie breaker so we want to keep it as simple as possible.

I would like to sign-up and i'm subscribing to this thread so I can't forget it or go on somethings thats not important * aka Atlantic City *

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

tonshaad1230 said:
I would like to sign-up and i'm subscribing to this thread so I can't forget it or go on somethings thats not important * aka Atlantic City *
lol, good to know. It'll be nice to have you in this tourney tonshaad. Don't think I've ever played you.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Should make it 9 games instead of 10, no tiebreakers needed.

Not sure if I can make this.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

IceyTruth said:
Am I able to enter this or is it a US only?
Anyone can play

Konqrr said:
Should make it 9 games instead of 10, no tiebreakers needed.
If both players played 9 games a piece, that comes out to 18. You'd still need a tiebreaker. Any two whole numbers added together will always equal an even number.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I'll signup, though I don't have a teammate yet. So far we have 3 players total.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

ninjalord said:
i'll play. you want to team-up, dciguy?
Sure lets do it.

Icey and X820, are you guys in?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Added dookie to the player list. So far, only one confirmed team.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Three confirmed teams. One more team needed (at least).