What's new

MK12 Creation Thread (Story spoilers)

Oki Red

Noob
I know we have a dedicated thread about the story, but i want your opinions about a specific part: The ending, and how to construct a sequel (or a prequel, or whatever u want)

I feel empty, i loved the Story, but the end is sad, and we as fans, see all they did with the franchise for decades... Gone? :'(

Well... I honestly think mk will rest for about 6+ years, or mk11 is indeed the end of the franchise (as Ed said he wont be know as the "mk guy" only).

But let's suppose a new mk will be released in 4 years;

How would you make the story? Would you continue the mk11 events, or would you do something new and creative?

I start with my idea;

Shang and goro etc won 9 mk tournaments. We have 9 different stories to tell. Would be amazing if we know how was the past events. The problem is: Characters... Must be new chars (only great kung lao is know...) Solution: Clans. Liu kuei and Ryu are older enough?

So, for me, basically would be one of the 9 past tournaments with only Great kung lao, Raiden, Sub and Scorpion. And the rest all new chars (more ninjas and mystical chars, and less guns...)

YOUR TURN GUYS! :)

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
After 14 billion times Liu Kang finally made the perfect timeline, but it pisses of the titans because reasons, so Liu enlists people across the timelines (although mostly from MK1-3)to fight them.

I don't know, I don't expect much. It saddens me a lot that everything and everyone is gone. We'll get all our favorites from new timelines, but the original ones, the ones we have known for almost 30 years, those are gone.

Oki Red

Noob
Like i said, theres no way to remove some chars like raiden, scorpion and sub...

New chars will be impossible to create (and the game be a success) with such charisma again. Its one time per life.

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Nope, they are to affraid to move forward, so be prepared for another Cage family/Briggs family drama and Sonya-Kano cat and mouse chase. The events will take place on earthrealm when special forces with tons of guns will be trying to defend earth from Kronika's father - Khronos. Of course we will have fan favourites back: Cetrion, Jacqui, Kung Jin and Stryker. Then there will be 2 DLC packs with 10 characters each - 8 guests and 2 MK characters per pack. You can quote it 6 years from now!

Oki Red

Noob
Nope, they are to affraid to move forward, so be prepared for another Cage family/Briggs family drama and Sonya-Kano cat and mouse chase. The events will take place on earthrealm when special forces with tons of guns will be trying to defend earth from Kronika's father - Khronos. Of course we will have fan favourites back: Cetrion, Jacqui, Kung Jin and Stryker. Then there will be 2 DLC packs with 10 characters each - 8 guests and 2 MK characters per pack. You can quote it 6 years from now!
Lol

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Next title: MK Legends (unofficial title - MK12). The story of the Great Kung Lao era, since the time is reset. Would be dope! RosterȘ Shang Tsung, Goro, Great Kung Lao, a representative of the cryomancers (Sub-Zero's masters), Hanzo Hasashi's ancestor as Scorpion, God Liu Kang, Kitana, human Raiden and some from the Mortal Kombat series. Also Reptile's race may be alive, Baraka still in, maybe Nitara too.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I see it as an opportunity for something new and interesting happening in future games.
The stories of the past games are still there. They're not gone. We can still go back and enjoy them.
However, this is indeed an era ended. But it is also a beginning for a new era.

That said, no, it's not how I would've ended MK11's story mode. But it is what it is, and I would rather stay open-minded and positive about it than the pessimistic approach of speculating about all the things that could go wrong.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I want next story to be about zaterra and K/Chameleon featuring as central antags

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
At this point with the timeline reset they have only two choices: basically retell this game story (meaning another time travel heavy end-of-the-world situation resulting in yet another timeline reset) or start again from the beginning with another soft reboot.

I really, really hope they'd go with the second choice but not fall back into another retelling of the MK 1-2-3 story. I hope they just go with something new (maybe as someone said going back in time to the Great Kung Lao era would be a great idea).
The only thing I ask is a good, simple and grounded story. I think the problems with the last story modes have been they went into a really bloated and overblown direction, especially in this game with these ultra-dimensional sci-fi comic-book villains, when a simple and focused lore based tournament setting would really be the best for a fighting game story mode.

Oki Red

Noob
Next title: MK Legends (unofficial title - MK12). The story of the Great Kung Lao era, since the time is reset. Would be dope! RosterȘ Shang Tsung, Goro, Great Kung Lao, a representative of the cryomancers (Sub-Zero's masters), Hanzo Hasashi's ancestor as Scorpion, God Liu Kang, Kitana, human Raiden and some from the Mortal Kombat series. Also Reptile's race may be alive, Baraka still in, maybe Nitara too.
It's basically my idea with some twists lol

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
To me its easy peasy enough. You start back at MK1, but since stuff changed people are in the wrong spots.

Raiden is now mortal, fighting to protect earth realm under its protector, Fire god liu kang.

Sonya is the leader of the evil Black Dragon crime syndicate, and Special forces command Kano has to stop her.

Then you just get more stupid from there.

Shao Kahn? Try Shao Lin, giant outworld martial artist fighting for the white lotus society
Baraka leads his tribe of pacifists against the evil warmonger Johnny Kahn
etc etc

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
To me its easy peasy enough. You start back at MK1, but since stuff changed people are in the wrong spots.

Raiden is now mortal, fighting to protect earth realm under its protector, Fire god liu kang.

Sonya is the leader of the evil Black Dragon crime syndicate, and Special forces command Kano has to stop her.

Shao Kahn? Try Shao Lin, giant outworld martial artist fighting for the white lotus society
etc etc
Then it should be Shao Cage, the flamboyant emperor of Otworld.

etc etc
Rain becomes Boons favorite character and the hero of MK12

Oki Red

Noob
Shang from the movie, movie ost on the launch trailer, ads with Lambert...Looks the end of the franchise celebration.

And that story mode ending...

Maybe im wrong, but... Goodbye MK....

Last edited:
Will Raiden still have his usual abilities or will they try to experiment with him and perhaps others as well? Then again there are other mortals in this series that have the ability to teleport and/or shoot projectiles.

Oki Red

Noob
I’m worried this is the case. With the way Boon has been talking about things it sounds like MK is being put away for a while.
Exactly.

Imo the only way for mk12, it's the flop/failure of their new future games/ip.

Last edited:

Oki Red

Noob
Will Raiden still have his usual abilities or will they try to experiment with him and perhaps others as well? Then again there are other mortals in this series that have the ability to teleport and/or shoot projectiles.
Yeah i was questioning myself the same thing. Raiden without his powers will be a pain to see, he is the most cool character....(no more big trouble in little china cool lighting dudes reference)

Agilaz

It has begun
I just finished the story again (own the game on two platforms) and yeah, it does feel like this is the end of MK as we know it.

There have been other games which are close to my heart. The Max Payne series is a good example of this. MP3 ends with Max basically saying goodbye to the hard life he's been living. It was closure, but it didn't feel wrong, it didn't leave me with a bitter taste. I saw it as, "Max deserves the rest now".

To some degree, I feel the same about the MK universe. A lot of these characters have been through hell (literally, in some cases). They deserve a rest. However, the bitterness is undeniably there because it doesn't feel like "We're finally done, let's rest". The very nature of the ending implies that everything has been undone, and with our new time lord, all of the things that happened in MK1 all the way to MK11, just won't happen. It's over, but in a different way.

I think MK11 might in fact be the last MK under Ed Boon. I don't envy whoever has to write the story for the next one, assuming there will even be a next one. There is no logical reason for anything MK-like to happen during this new timeline, unless there's more than one Titan and they all decide to take on LK. So we'll have a game where LK goes full God Of War on the Titans, kills them..and then what? What's left at that point?

It's been good. I will savour MK11 for as long as it will be supported and beyond. I'm just sad that a franchise that's been with me since I was a child may have come to its end.

With that said, between the cinematics and the Krypt, I can definitely see NRS giving us one, big MK-based action/adventure game. Think God Of War or Devil May Cryu, but set in the MK universe. Like Shaolin Monks, but bigger and better. That would be the shit.

I don’t mind another reboot at all, it’s just kinda sad that some 3D characters never had the chance to be playable in this era.

I still don’t get putting Erron in the game when he had no impact in the story and his spot could be given to another jobber that people wanted in the game like Reiko or Rain

I don’t think Jax should be in the game too, but NRS seems to think that he is somewhat iconic even tho he is the least liked MK2 by far

Not a Mileena fan, but since 11 is the end of the 9/X/11 she should have been in the game.

The story was good, the best to date, but the ending was okayish and the lack of chapters with “bad guys” still hurts the narrative

portent

Noob
There is always the distinct chance that we could find out that Havik from chaos realm has been influencing this timeline, as well as Kronika's decisions the entire time.

It would make a perfect transition to the 3d era characters, as well as bring Kronika back into the fold as a playable character, and set up double crossing scenarios where Kronika can become the master of time again, and attempt to fix a few things at the end of the MK11 story, bringing EVERYONE back, plus the 3d era characters they can introduce as well.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
It's the "End of an Era" for sure. And I do believe MK is going to take a back seat for a long while.

As for the ending, I really like it. It stunned me, but I think a complete revamping of the series from the ground up with zero of the old lore present could make for an interesting revival.