What's new

MK11 to me like MK9 to most

Great to see the positivity! I agree, but the music aside from Shang Tsung Island's Ruins as mentioned is forgettable. I do think it's cool Tournament stage has Toasty and the Stage Fatality has the MK2 Fatality ending music. The Fighting mechanics are not the best, but compared to 9 it's still an improvement. X-Rays are awful, Fatal Blows are much superior and I liked the grounded feel.

It surprises me people think 9 or even X is closer to the original Trilogy feel, which is just objectively not true. The original games were very straight forwarded, grounded characters and the core all characters were the same. It's the same for 11. This is both a positive and a negative though. It feels less creative , distinctive and big characters don't feel or play like bigs are supposed to. Goro in X was cool, in 11 he would be awful I feel.

That being said, especially with DLC we can all agree NRS has improved greatly and has explored more creative options. Look at Fujin, Sindel, Rain and even Shang. Kollector, as much hate as he gets, is very creative and diverse. Imagine some characters being made now, I'm sure they would be even better. I get the guests complaint, but 9 had them, X had them and to me at least 11 look, play and are voiced the best. No roster can ever compete with the pre-NRS era ones due to guests in a way, but we just have to embrace it.

Where I truly feel MK11 beats out most games, especially NRS era, is bringing some characters to life who did not interest me at all or that much before. Or even characters who I liked for nostalgia reasons, but were greatly improved upon. Rain is probably the best example of the former - he was always a joke to me and laughably bad in 9 - and Fujin of the latter. Also a character like Nightwolf who was finally given more spiritual powers through the animal spirits. Jacqui finally has a fighting style, fitting her backstory in the comics.

All in all, while a flawed game, I can agree that it's the best NRS game for sure.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
If we had a game with mk9's art direction and roster, mkx's gameplay and mk11's graphics and gear options, THEN I'd say we have the best mk ever. But this? Bland music, shallow combos, sandy uninspired stages, a story mode so full of plot holes and retcons it looks like a swiss cheese? Nah, son. Mk11 is pretty and I can get some fun out of it, but no way in hell I'd say its more fun than mk9/mkx.

Afumba

Noob
The graphics, story mode and characters have been great. The only thing I don't like is the combo system with it being limited and short. You obviously have combos but they are a fraction of what 9/X had, the options the speed.

I'm fine with the speed and movement in this game I got used to it. My only complaint is that the combos or options feel watered down. I miss the cancels, the pressure and the in depth combos X had.

But I gotta say the characters look unbelievable aside from a few costumes it's AAA top shelf movie quality voices, animations, moves and stage graphics. They went all out but I think that's because WB is behind them and they made so much money.
Totally agree on the combo thing.

Lots of things i am not a fan of in this game... FB, how breakaway work, CB balance, the story in vanilla storymode, cassies skins (yes, they deserve to be specifically mentioned. They are that bad) but i can deal with those cuz i like how the game looks and the general feel. The limited combos compared to 9/X on the other hand were what made me stop playing for awhile. Just made me sad. Its also the only reason i am a little less salty that Ermac isnt in the roster yet. My boi would get depressed.

P.S. didnt mention "being grabed out of lows" and "d1" in my list of complains as i hope that will be a thing of the past

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Deadpool, Shang’s island, soul chamber and tournament are the ones I like. The rest are bad and I can never remember them.
Right. Even when its not bad, at best its forgettable. Like try to remember what Tank Garage Bunker sounds like. I looked it up just now, and I don't even remember hearing this song in a game I've played since launch