MK11 Scorpion render

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HeavyNorse, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

By HeavyNorse on Jan 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM
  1. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse This will be easy

With Shao Kahn and Raiden both getting their full-character renders released, it was only a matter of time before we got to see Scorpion's. And that time is mattering now! Theoretically, our last one before the reveal event next week, so make this last.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1084161398114930688

*Edited and Promoted by HellblazerHawkman

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:07 PM
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HeavyNorse, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

1. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      OH OH, that's me! Scorpion swimming in piss!
      xXRagingFlameXx likes this.
    2. EarlyReflections
      EarlyReflections
      About Scorpion.
      1. The focus on his kunai, might be an indication that other characers with unique weapons will also have the same treatment. For example Kitana will focus on fans, not a sword (lol) and have fans only for proj and strings. The same for Mileena etc. On other words, not going 3D era again. Good.

2. These little red parts combined with the black leather are so beautiful. Reduce the armor, and you get the best Scorpion design ever.
      Portuguese to me.
    3. xXRagingFlameXx
      xXRagingFlameXx
      Just because it might be accurate, doesn't mean it needs to be said out loud. Nobody needs that visual. Unless you're into that kinda thing.
    4. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Ah, no thanks, not my kinda thing. I'm just foul mouthed. No filter, no inhibitions, just speaking my mind. :p
      But trying to avoid being outright offensive towards people, of course. ^^
      aldazo and xXRagingFlameXx like this.
    5. Lord Greyjoy
      Lord Greyjoy
      The mask is rad. But I think four colors is a bit much, and the silver's what I would drop (custom gear, you're up).
    6. xXRagingFlameXx
      xXRagingFlameXx
      You offended both my mind and my soul. The image of Scorpion swimming through a neverending sea of bodily fluids has tainted my very being.
      Jhonnykiller45 and HeavyNorse like this.
    7. EarlyReflections
      EarlyReflections
      Well, you misunderstood.
      As I replied to the other guy, I made clear that specifically you and @HeavyNorse don't belong in this vocal group he's fed up about. So you need to relax as well.

Agree with all your points by the way.
      I'm all about constructive criticism, but laugh a lot with stupid internet toxicity. That simple.
      HeavyNorse likes this.
    8. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      *giggles immaturely*
    9. xXRagingFlameXx
      xXRagingFlameXx
      "Immature"? more like........................hehe..................premature.......get it?? hehehe.:cool:
      HeavyNorse likes this.
    10. Law Hero
      Law Hero
      Are we really that ugly?
      aldazo and Swindle like this.
    11. EarlyReflections
      EarlyReflections
      Haha, he doesn't seem ugly to me.
      I think Hanzo's Design and story concept is among the best things in MK history.
      Jhonnykiller45 and Law Hero like this.
    12. scarsunseen
      scarsunseen
      Red? Is he part Ermac? :D
      aldazo and Aramonde like this.
    13. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Well, according to the reveal trailer... he is many.
      Well, two, at least.
    14. PetulantWaste
      PetulantWaste
      Seriously, they went a little overboard with the straps. There were 2 belt straps just on the bicep. What possible use could that have?

I still have an issue with the whole metal protecting limbs but cloth protecting torso and major organs but it looks a lot better.
      SneakyTortoise likes this.
    15. StormGoddess
    16. Aramonde
      Aramonde
      Someone reminded me about Injustice 2 shaders oh god! Please NRS don't do shaders!!! If your gonna let us change colors then do what KoF13 did and let me change the color of everything on the costume!

Street Fighter has done this as well and it bugs the crap out of me. Ryu looked normal in 1,2,A,3 but in 4 they make him steroid bodybuilder buff its looks so wrong.

I like the new one better just because he doesn't have belts all over his body like a Final Fantasy character lol.
      MKF30 likes this.
    17. Darth-Nero
      Darth-Nero
      Am not diggin' the design of the mask tbh, But everything else looks dope. Can't wait to see how fatals blood and gore will look like with this ultra refined hyper realistic details.
      aldazo and Aramonde like this.
    18. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      I can't help but thinking the mask looks... off. It looks a bit too detailed while the rest of his design is more simplistic. Also, it being made of metal and coloured gold while everything else metallic on him isn't, makes the mask just look out of place, imo.
      aldazo and BecomingDeath13 like this.
    19. Pterodactyl
      Pterodactyl
      The red isn’t the problem here for me.

It’s that his gold ass mask doesn’t go with anything else in the outfit.

Doesn’t match his flat yellow clothe and it clashes with the iron armor.

It really should have been flat yellow and not metallic.
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 1:01 AM
    20. HeavyNorse
    21. DownfouralitY
      DownfouralitY
      The color scheme is wack. I was saying this day one, I don’t understand why they decided to go with silver arm and leg guards, red on his undershirt, yellow and black for everything else and a gold mask? Just wish it was a bit more consistent overall. Not a bad design, but with some different shaders this would look a lot better IMO. I get people’s criticism of the MKX design, but aside from the belts I prefer the simplicity of it.
    22. Darth-Nero
      Darth-Nero
      It's not just the color, the mask is just too fat.
      aldazo, HeavyNorse and Espio like this.
    23. Jhonnykiller45
      Jhonnykiller45
      Nah... Not really feeling this my man. Scorpion's mask definitely has to be yellow to some degree.
      Aramonde and aldazo like this.
    24. Gamer68
      Gamer68
      I don't think that the edits that replace the red with more yellow/black/grey are bad, and I think they would be cool as shaders, but I think the red actually brings out the layers in his outfit a little more and gives him a fresh look without sacrificing the klassic yellow/black color scheme he's always had.

The edits make the outfit look at little flat and the layers of clothing doesn't stand out as much. Maybe orange or brown would have been a better pick and did the job just as good, but in conclusion I think the red is fine.
    25. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Yeah, I'm not sure I'm feeling it either. It just shouldn't have been metallic, imo.
      EarlyReflections likes this.