What's new

MK11 roster with chars from additional footage (like behind the scenes video)

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Check gameplay trailer, you'll see Liu being beat up by Raiden very briefly.

As for Lao, the presence of the revenant vs past lao as well as him being teamed up with Liu who also faces off against revenant Liu leads me to believe that Lao is very likely to be playable.
They also fighting against Geras, Liu Kang has actual gameplay part with Raiden. Kung Lao and Liu Kang are confirmed so far, i have no doubt.

Rest of the 25 could be like;

- Kenshi
- Takeda
- Reptile
- Kano ( i saw a stage called Black Dragon Fight Club or whatever, another option could be Kano's son is confirmed but not Tremor)
- Jade ( if Kronika is the woman in her dreams )
- Shang Tsung
- New
- New

I have no idea for the last two. one of them will be Jacqui or Jax, i am certain about that. I am really sorry for the fans of Fujin, Sereena, Reiko, Noob, Havik, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn, D'vorah and Nightwolf. You better keep your hope for DLC. But i have to say 25 spots doesn't seems legit to me. Roster could be extended day by day. We will see..

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
They also fighting against Geras, Liu Kang has actual gameplay part with Raiden. Kung Lao and Liu Kang are confirmed so far, i have no doubt.

Rest of the 25 could be like;

- Kenshi
- Takeda
- Reptile
- Kano ( i saw a stage called Black Dragon Fight Club or whatever, another option could be Kano's son is confirmed but not Tremor)
- Jade ( if Kronika is the woman in her dreams )
- Shang Tsung
- New
- New

I have no idea for the last two. one of them will be Jacqui or Jax, i am certain about that. I am really sorry for the fans of Fujin, Sereena, Reiko, Noob, Havik, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn, D'vorah and Nightwolf. You better keep your hope for DLC. But i have to say 25 spots doesn't seems legit to me. Roster could be extended day by day. We will see..
Kano can actually be seen in the background of a stage, drinking behind the bar I believe.

I'm really hoping there aren't a whole lot of Klassic fighters. NRS rely waaayyy too much on them. I mean, I guess it makes sense that they're because of alternate timelines and whatever, but if the roster is anything like MKX's, that's gonna kill soooooo muich of the hype for me. Take chances and flesh out characters that never got their spotlight (*cough*FUJIN*cough*). Scorpion and Sub-Zero are in, the casuals aren't gonna give a shit who else is.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
In the background of one of the gameplay video fights you see johnny walking in the background, looks exactly like the image posted here. It's also not some random because you can see he's wearing a "CAGE" belt buckle.

also in the behind the scene footage, pretty sure thats his face we see on the monitor that they are animating. Lokks like the same short brown hairstyle as the vest version of him.
Yeah I know what part you mean.

I'm still not 100% sure on including Cage or Kano yet. It's not like Kitana where we had her in the customize artwork, as well in a story scene and also extremely likely to be in a story mode fight with Cassie, which is evidnece that suggests Kitana is very likely to be playable. All we have with Cage and Kano are very minor background appereances. I'd put them along with the supposedly Rain artwork from the konquer mode - possible playable char but need more evidence to fully confirm.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Yeah I know what part you mean.

I'm still not 100% sure on including Cage or Kano yet. It's not like Kitana where we had her in the customize artwork, as well in a story scene and also extremely likely to be in a story mode fight with Cassie, which is evidnece that suggests Kitana is very likely to be playable. All we have with Cage and Kano are very minor background appereances. I'd put them along with the supposedly Rain artwork from the konquer mode - possible playable char but need more evidence to fully confirm.
NRS always says; they wants to keep original 7 for every game, i see their chance better than Noob or Fujin. That doesn't means i am agree with them but this is what they said earlier.

NSR

NRS always says; they wants to keep original 7 for every game, i see their chance better than Noob or Fujin. That doesn't means i am agree with them but this is what they said earlier.
Link please to this statement?
It's also not entirely true anwyays - Kano missed MK2, 4, Deception, Cage missed MK3/UMK3, MKD, MKVSDCU. Sonya missed MK2 and Deception.
Typically It's Sub/Scorp/Raiden/Liu that are the most frequently returning MK1 chars based off previous rosters. (and even then, Scorp missed MK3, Raiden missed MK3/UMK3, and Liu missed MKDA. Only Sub was in all of the games)

Also, there's still no definite proof. Just something that's really a 50/50, compared to stronger evidence for other characters. I don't want to make a wrong move and put chars that may not even end up being playable at launch.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Link please to this statement?
It's also not entirely true anwyays - Kano missed MK2, 4, Deception, Cage missed MK3/UMK3, MKD, MKVSDCU. Sonya missed MK2 and Deception.
Typically It's Sub/Scorp/Raiden/Liu that are the most frequently returning MK1 chars based off previous rosters. (and even then, Scorp missed MK3, Raiden missed MK3/UMK3, and Liu missed MKDA. Only Sub was in all of the games)

Also, there's still no definite proof. Just something that's really a 50/50, compared to stronger evidence for other characters. I don't want to make a wrong move and put chars that may not even end up being playable at launch.
They said this in an interview after MK9 was released and they did it for MKX. I am looking for the interview right now and i will inform you asap.

NSR

They said this in an interview after MK9 was released and they did it for MKX. I am looking for the interview right now and i will inform you asap.
Alright thanks man.

I'll prob edit now the initial post and add potential roster chars that aren't clear enough if they are actually playable or not. atm, these would be Rain, JC and Kano. That way, we can still keep em in mind in case new info pops up.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Alright thanks man.

I'll prob edit now the initial post and add potential roster chars that aren't clear enough if they are actually playable or not. atm, these would be Rain, JC and Kano. That way, we can still keep em in mind in case new info pops up.
Probably they were focused on the classic characters more than 3d era for MK11 because of the time bending story. Hourglass shows back in time to fix good and evil. This is why Baraka, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are confirmed so fast. Everyone believed that Johnny, Sonya, Kano, Jax and Kenshi will rest after MKX but we have Sonya. But i have a suspect about Cage and Kano being playable for MK11 if they are background characters at the stages, it will look absurd when you pick them at the stages we speak of but Cyrax was a background character at Desert stage in UMK3 and he was playable at the same time. Who knows, NRS always been unpredictable, i won't be suprised if more classic chars will be revealed day by day including Mileena and Quan Chi.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

NSR

Boon said on a interview they have about 80 characters or so, and very few new ones.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/01/17/ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-11s-variations-changes-and-roster
Assume mostly everyone main is coming back somehow.

So for now, pick our TYM returning character list, and add remove every character which is already in and add the next in line and see how it looks.
I'm pretty sure Boon was referring to the amount of characters that exist in the MK universe, prob even exaggerating at that. Here's a fully extracted quote

"So in terms of roster selection, you saw the seven characters we have now, but there’s been a back and forth. In Mortal Kombat 9, it was all about the past history, it was rehashing the plot of one through three. In X it was moving toward a new direction, where you had a lot of new characters. Where do see that direction going with 11?"

"I think Mortal Kombat X probably introduced more brand-new characters. The D’Vorahs, and Ferra & Torrs, Cassie Cage and Jackie, probably more than Mortal Kombat 11. I think Mortal Kombat 11 will introduce some new characters, but we have 80 characters or something, there’s always this passion to seeing your favorite character returning, Skarlet or Baraka. Baraka’s a big one. People were pissed when Baraka wasn’t in MKX. So I think if we had like a needle, it’d lean a little bit more towards servicing those players who want to see their favorite return."

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Boon said on a interview they have about 80 characters or so, and very few new ones.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/01/17/ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-11s-variations-changes-and-roster
Assume mostly everyone main is coming back somehow.

So for now, pick our TYM returning character list, and add remove every character which is already in and add the next in line and see how it looks.
He says "We have 80 characters" meaning like, in the series to date. Not 80 characters in MK11 lmao

NSR

So, I've taken a look again, and I can now confirm Johnny is definitely in.

A dude sent me another picture of the JC pose, but this one has a certain bloody text, why yes, it's FATALITY.

Sharpening up the picture reveals this model matches the one from the backgrounds perfectly, not only that but while blurry, you can kind of tell there's three words above fatality, obviously those would be Johnny Cage Wins.

Kano also shows up fighting Cassie in the LOCAL menu option, so we might have another confirmation our hands.

A few potential chars to be added in:
Noob shows up in the NO WAY OUT time tower, while a mysterious character who some have said was Smoke shows up inside the kustomization menu, but looking at it again, it seems there's a bow and arrow right on the lower right corner of the image, and the dude seems to have a quiver on his back. The design itself resembles another character instead - Kung Jin's alternate. The difference being a lack of sleeves compared to that outfit.

Another reason why I believe that might be Kung Jin and not Smoke is because traditionally since MK4, in non Trilogy/compilation esque games, there's only 1-2 counterpart male ninjas to Scorp/Sub. For example, MK4 had Reptile and Noob. MKDA had Reptile, with Noob being exclusive to GBA in TE. MKD had Noob and Ermac. MKX had Reptile and Ermac (with Tremor being added as DLC)

Assuming both Noob and Rain are in, as well as the bow and arrow thingie, it's possible the rule is in effect and that's just Kung Jin. Another hint is that the bow and arrow thing along with the quiver only light up when characters is selected, along with the rest of that character model.

(very start of the video for reference)

I'll update the char select screen soon with JC and Kano at least. JC for sure is in.
@Rice you were right dude!

Last edited:

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Shao Kahn's definitely a bonus/DLC character and not considered part of the main roster.
Wasn't Goro's spot always there when they revelead MKX roster slots? If so... Kahn maybe already be in the 25 count, meaning that there's only 24 base characters :confused:

Raider

Noob
I wonder how many brand new characters can we expect? Geras won't be the only one, right?
He was totally underwhelming and did absolutely nothing for me. It's like they picked 3 MK characters took something from them and made Geras. Just... no thanks.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I wonder how many brand new characters can we expect? Geras won't be the only one, right?
He was totally underwhelming and did absolutely nothing for me. It's like they picked 3 MK characters took something from them and made Geras. Just... no thanks.
I liked him but honestly I was watching Tracer from Overwatch on steroids