What's new

MK11 roster with chars from additional footage (like behind the scenes video)

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I noticed that they sneakily revealed a few chars although they weren't available in the build used in the stream.
I added them to the current char select screen:

Cassie and Kitana are located in the Behind the scenes video btw. the blue blur is Kabal.

from top to bottom, left to right, here's the known roster:
Shao Kahn, Kabal, Liu Kang, Baraka, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kronika, Cassie, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Raiden, Skarlet, Geras.

(yes I know my photoshop skills suck lol)

POSSIBLE characters that were spotted but it isn't clear enough to determine whether they are playable or not:
Rain (Konquer mode artwork)
Johnny Cage (background appearance, a small cameo of him on a pc in the behind the scene video)
Kano (background appearance in the black dragon klub)

Last edited:

NSR

Shao Kahn's definitely a bonus/DLC character and not considered part of the main roster.
Oh, I only put him there in the screen because I don't know at the moment where he would go. It should be noted the roster on screen is 25 - which matches MKX with preorder.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Rain appeared as SonicFox's MK11 main during the exhibition matches... and he didn't touch Raiden the entire time, nor was Rain available to play. Anybody think Rain was unintentionally revealed?

NSR

Rain appeared as SonicFox's MK11 main during the exhibition matches... and he didn't touch Raiden the entire time, nor was Rain available to play. Anybody think Rain was unintentionally revealed?
according to what I talked to other people who saw that, you could also put desired main, regardless of whether or not they were in the game. Tweedy supposedly put Jade there, it doesn't mean she was there.

I'd hold off on including Rain until further evidence arises. The rest of the chars presented here had far more presence than Rain atm.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Maybe? Jade appeared as someone else's main MK11 character too. Maybe they really are in, or maybe it's just a troll.

trufenix

bye felicia
Great thread but seriously rain fans, give it a rest. There's no way NRS told the players the entire unraveled cast and said okay just don't tell anyone for months.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
An nda for what? Just don't tell them and let them pick whoever.

You think it's more likely this is a grand conspiracy to hide Rain's inclusion and Sonics a whistleblower?
No I don't know, I don't "think" anything. What I'm telling you is that NRS does indeed have the full capability to tell the players the full roster and subsequently tell them to stay quiet about it. What they can't do is force the players to stay quiet.
Could Rain truly have been confirmed by a small mistake like that? Sure, but at the same time it could mean nothing. So I don't know.

NSR

how do we know liu kang and kung lao are actually playable tho?
Check gameplay trailer, you'll see Liu being beat up by Raiden very briefly.

As for Lao, the presence of the revenant vs past lao as well as him being teamed up with Liu who also faces off against revenant Liu leads me to believe that Lao is very likely to be playable.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It’s completely plausible that the pros know about at least some of the additional characters who will make the final roster and NRS was totally fine with Sonic Fox’s bio mentioning he’ll be maining one of them. They slipped a 1 second teaser reveal of Kabal in, showed Cassie for a bit in one vid and even had her mention Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang were shown, etc. etc. NRS is all about dropping hints and provoking speculation before their full, official reveals.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Check gameplay trailer, you'll see Liu being beat up by Raiden very briefly.

As for Lao, the presence of the revenant vs past lao as well as him being teamed up with Liu who also faces off against revenant Liu leads me to believe that Lao is very likely to be playable.
I remember seeing them a few times, I was just thinking it was from story scenes.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Kung Lao is absolutely playable. If Liu Kang is in, then Kung Lao is in too. If there was a single game in the entire history of humanity where Kung Lao shouldn't have been playable is MKX, and he was.
So Kung Lao is a given. Always.

I'm expecting Mileena, Tanya, Rain and Fujin to be part of the main roster too.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Kano is seen in the background on the bar stage and in one of the menu images, so he is probably in too.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
very hard to tell that's Johnny. do you have a better picture? atm I'm leaving him with Rain under potential chars.
In the background of one of the gameplay video fights you see johnny walking in the background, looks exactly like the image posted here. It's also not some random because you can see he's wearing a "CAGE" belt buckle.

also in the behind the scene footage, pretty sure thats his face we see on the monitor that they are animating. Lokks like the same short brown hairstyle as the vest version of him.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Shao Kahn's definitely a bonus/DLC character and not considered part of the main roster.
Darkseid was the same way and had a spot right in the middle of character select. Chances are Shao Kahn has a spot on the screen reserved already.