What's new

MK11 roster with chars from additional footage (like behind the scenes video)

Slymind

Noob
Only one Kombat Pack with 6 characters is confirmed, right? That's 3 or 2 guest characters... just meh.
25 characters in main roster is not enough, period.
I disagree, given that every character is being greatly rebuilt with multiple moves and cosmetics to choose from. Injustice 2 had a little bit more, but it was legacy, with a ton of re-used assets.

To me 25 for what they are doing is more than fine, games like Soul Calibur does not even have that on top of re-used assets.

mattteo

Noob
I disagree, given that every character is being greatly rebuilt with multiple moves and cosmetics to choose from. Injustice 2 had a little bit more, but it was legacy, with a ton of re-used assets.

To me 25 for what they are doing is more than fine, games like Soul Calibur does not even have that on top of re-used assets.

You guys are in denial or over hyped because of the announcement. No problem, you'll wake up soon and see what a s*it roster this really is

Crimea

Noob
I wonder how many brand new characters can we expect? Geras won't be the only one, right?
He was totally underwhelming and did absolutely nothing for me. It's like they picked 3 MK characters took something from them and made Geras. Just... no thanks.
Ed Boon said there will be less new characters than in MKX. So less than 8.
I expect 4

Raider

Noob
Ed Boon said there will be less new characters than in MKX. So less than 8.
I expect 4
Will there be new characters in the Kombat Pack? If all new characters are in the main roster, there is no way that we are getting 25 characters only.

I2 had 28 starting characters, I think MK11 should have at least the same number of starting characters. The number of characters should increase or, at least, stays the same when a studio creates another fighting game.

I find the OP's rant normal, he's not happy with 25 chars (let's hope the Day One DLC Shao Khan isn't part of the 25 btw) and it's his right to complain about it and I agree with him.

games like Soul Calibur does not even have that on top of re-used assets.
The last Soul Calibur has no content, almost every returning characters have the same outfit, same voice lines and the same move set, the character creation is the exact same one as the one in SCV and the story mode is empty... This game might be fun to play in local 1v1, but it's still a zero effort cash grab from Bandai Namco. Netherrealm could sell MK11 with just the main menu and it would have more content than SC6 :DOGE

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Will there be new characters in the Kombat Pack? If all new characters are in the main roster, there is no way that we are getting 25 characters only.
I guess that depends on what qualifies as "new." Tremor is probably the "newest" they'll ever give us for DLC characters, because he technically already existed in the franchise and there was heavy demand for him.

Creating a brand new character as DLC is risky because no one has an emotional connection to them yet. What if no one likes the character? Then literally no one will buy them.