What's new

MK11 Roster Rant Thread

Please, the roster is great.
NRS seem to actually listen the fans' opinions.
Baraka came back, Skarlet made it in base roster, a new character for new tastes, and 4 OG's so far.

Funny how some people think Sonya and her bunch can "sit this one out" for the sake of lesser characters.

At some point, you have to accept that the MK1-MK2 roster DEFINES Mortal Kombat. Not Reiko and Li mei, not Taven and other lols.

The good 3d Era characters (all 5 of them) will get their chances eventually. Happened with Kenshi, Quan and more to come.

Raider

Noob
Only thing that can make me buy MK11 day one is D'Vorah coming back.
I don't care what anyone else thinks about her, imo. she was the most interesting new character in MKX... by far.

You have no actual idea what the fucking roster is going to be, why even make this thread?
We already know almost half of it from just the trailers and teases, even ignoring all the leaks and speculation based on stuff like menus. I do kinda agree with the OP that the roster is a concern right now, so I'm hoping that the rest of the slots are not only taken by majority of MKX representatives, but also will expand and that DLC will bring in bigger reveals. That's not to mention the high chances of guest charas

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Here’s some tips for everyone:

Step 1) Accept that this isn’t Smash Ultimate

Step 2) Accept that not “Everyone is Here”.

Step 3) Find a character you like to play in the game

Step 4) Be super-fucking-awesome MEGA PUMPED when NetherRealm pulls a fast one on us and, surprise, YES! EVERYONE IS HERE! Stryker vs Jade! Blaze vs Meat! BO RAI CHO IS FARTING EVERYWHERE!

MOTHER

FUCKING

MOKAP!!!!!!!

BOOM MF!

(Y’all will thank me later)

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't care what anyone else thinks about her, imo. she was the most interesting new character in MKX... by far.
I loved her concept but not the execution. Now I have the same feeling about Skarlet (aside from her look), she went from a blood ninja to a blood mage, both concepts look good but the execution was way better for the kunoichi.

mattteo

Noob
So this 25 roster is shaping up with Sonya, Johnny Cage, Kano, Jax, Jacqui, Cassie, Jax's wife, Kano's son, the ginger SF guy from the comic and more of their relatives.

Fook this, it's just beyond stupid at this point.

Joke aside, 9 of those 25 roster spots are just parents and children. Same old, same old Kano added to that. Sure, there will be Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kotal Kahn, very likely Noob, Jade, Shang Tsung and about 4 new characters.

What's left for diversity? We'll get Kabal and maybe Rain, if at all.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm almost certain she's back. She played a big role in MKX, and I can't help but notice the similarities between her and Geras and Kronika. Blue blood, no hair, etc.

mattteo

Noob
@Tim Static @CrimsonShadow

you can merge this thread into this one if you like:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-official-mk11-complain-rant-thread.67811/#post-2417515

the complaint thread had to be made much earlier this time ..

This thread is especially made for the ROSTER rant, not for anything else. I do not wish it merged, moved or touched. I made it because it's different from the rant that discusses moves, gameplay, lighting, design or other shit.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
After playing the Tower single player with Ermac, he ends up getting killed by Shang Tsung. And in the story, half way through he just fucks off out of nowhere soooooo all things point that he wont be back :(
I HOPE im wrong