What's new

MK11 Roster Rant Thread

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Well Ed said the select screen is not final.

While it does seem like indeed 25-26 characters i wouldnt take that as a fact yet.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There is literally nothing wrong with a 25 character roster. Especially when we're probably gonna get 12 DLC.

Literally one of the biggest complaints about the 3D era has always been the filler clone characters. Now they try and trim it down and focus on the most important among them, and it's not enough? Nah, fam.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I prefer Reiko over Johnny. Would love to see Reiko back in a game and evolve as a character, get a redesign both in appearance and gameplay. Loved him in the MKX comics, was absolutely awesome!

The only time I even though Johnny was likeable was in MKX's story mode, but never cared for his design or gameplay. Wouldn't mind if he sat this game out. Reiko might never return though, but there are other more interesting characters than Johnny which could come back, imo.
That’s fine and good but like it’s not a mystery why someone like JC would probably be in over someone like Reiko, yeah?

And on a side note I agree the MKX comics were amazing. Loved what they did with Kotal, Mileena, Sub, Scorpion, Takeda, the Cage family, and yes, even Reiko. I just wish the actual story mode was as well done

Not a fan of them seemingly dropping the vast majority of MKX newcomers. What's the point of creating new characters if you abandon them in the same breath? They'll never develop, evolve, or become fan favorites like the old trilogy characters with this sort of treatment, and it's going to keep people from getting too invested in Geras and whoever else they cooked up for MK11.

Last edited:

While it does seem like indeed 25-26 characters i wouldnt take that as a fact yet.
He said the same thing about mkx and he also aid during mkx's e3 that the game would have more characters than mk9. He has so much going on I doubt the exact number of characters is the first thing on his mind.

You have no actual idea what the fucking roster is going to be, why even make this thread?
My only guess is because just like mkx certain characters who seemed didnt have no chance showed up like jax. I thought baraka had next to no chance to be in thai game after the way they did him in mkx.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
He said the same thing about mkx and he also aid during mkx's e3 that the game would have more characters than mk9. He has so much going on I doubt the exact number of characters is the first thing on his mind.
If you count Triborg as three (or four!) characters, MKX did have more characters than MK9.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Well, she didn't have a SF copycat blonde character looking exactly like her until now.

We asumed that they created Cassie and the new generation so that the parents could retire.
I also assumed that was a possibility, but I always thought there would be a good chance the parents would return anyway.

Cassie isn't a copycat character -- she neither looks nor plays like Sonya. She's just blonde. This isn't a Michelle Chang/Julia Chang scenario, where it makes sense to drop one.

There is literally nothing wrong with a 25 character roster. Especially when we're probably gonna get 12 DLC.

Literally one of the biggest complaints about the 3D era has always been the filler clone characters. Now they try and trim it down and focus on the most important among them, and it's not enough? Nah, fam.
Yeah, I'd put the chances of 2 DLC season packages of 6 characters each so 12 total at highly likely. This puts the total roster at 38, since Kronika / Shao Kahn will appear on top like Geras most likely. Also, count the empty spaces and there's exactly 12 (excl. Geras at the bottom). Cannot be a coincidence.

He said the same for MKX when they showed 24 character slots. It's 100% final, just without DLC.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
This guy leaked Kabal before the reveal and also said Jax, Shang Tsung and Noob, so.....that's pretty much it:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/nrs-player-daddy-dab-invite-revoked-for-leaking-playable-characters-at-mk11-reveal.67724/

I don;t want to jump to conclusions, but it certainly looks that way.
Lol this whole thread is the epitome of jumping into conclusions! I don't like Johnny or Sonya either but ffs man we know nothing about how many characters we're gonna have in the end or who's in and out. Chill

mattteo

Noob
We know exactly how many character rosters we're gonna have on the main screen: 25.

With 2 packs of 6 each or 3 packs of 5 each of DLC we could get 7-8 more MK characters that are not guests, but that is another discussion.

Lol this whole thread is the epitome of jumping into conclusions! I don't like Johnny or Sonya either but ffs man we know nothing about how many characters we're gonna have in the end or who's in and out. Chill
theyve never changed the select screen number of characters later on and this goes all the way back tot he midway days.