What's new

MK11 Roster - 29 Characters Confirmed

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Probably because 64bit was reading with us.... And didn't wanted us to be disappointed.

What a shame, what a waste of hype :-(

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
MK select screens are always randomly organized, why would you expect this page to be different?
True, I always expect them to organize it and they don't usually. Injustice 2 had good guys and bad guys on opposite side, but I guess its more complex on MKs side. There is some kind of organization in MKXs select screen top row, but that's as far as it goes.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I would say that the Shang, Mileena, Shinnok leak is true or the locked spots are the first three DLC. Prepare to be disappointed, Rain fans.
It's getting more and more likely that the leak is true. But even if not, I don't have any hope for Rain to be in the base roster anymore. My last hope is that the no repeated DLC rule only applies to two subsequent games and that he might have a shot there after the MKX fiasco.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
29 + 3 "secret characters = 32 . . . . .the same slots as the leaked image

TOLD YA THEY WERE BASE ROSTER SLOTS, my prediction is still in play

also Rain hype!

EDIT: was blinded with hype i cant count

Last edited:

Cassie Cyrus

29 + 3 "secret characters = 32 . . . . .the same slots as the leaked image

TOLD YA THEY WERE BASE ROSTER SLOTS, my prediction is still in play

also Rain hype!
Don't hold your breath sonny, they removed the roster again :-(

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Skarlet's bio: 'She is his deadliest, most faithful creation.' UM MILEENA SAYS HELLO.

Anyway, this is super hype and is getting me excited for Mileena, Shang, and Rain being in.

I also love how they all have 'traits' I guess. Or a word that describes their personality. I really like that depth.

Jade - Loyalty
Erron Black - Thrills
Kabal - Avarice
Sub-Zero - Redemption
Scorpion - Vengeance
Baraka - Preservation
Raiden - Security
Shao Kahn - Dominance
D'Vorah - Survival
Geras - Service
Kano - Greed
Cassie Cage - Approval
Skarlet - Acceptance
Sonya Blade - Vigilance
Johnny Cage - Vanity
Jacqui Briggs - Protection

What will Mileena's be....I wonder....

Also, when Injustice 2's website was up and they had the roster section they expanded on it. So, it makes more sense for what we see to be base roster (including Shao Kahn) and then when the Kombat Pack is revealed and each character gets released, they'll add to that.

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it being glory

Cassie Cyrus

Also while I love both Ermac, Mileena and Skarlet, I can see why Skarlet is his most deadly assassin, I mean, she feeds and grows from blood, even telekinesis can't stand against that.

Cassie Cyrus

Removing something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it means they are purposely hiding it from us. They want people to be blown away when the roster expands from 25 to 29(32). They did the same thing with the stages
Hope you are right, but I'm more often being disappointed by NRS, than surprised lol. So I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet's bio: 'She is his deadliest, most faithful creation.' UM MILEENA SAYS HELLO.

Anyway, this is super hype and is getting me excited for Mileena, Shang, and Rain being in.

I also love how they all have 'traits' I guess. Or a word that describes their personality. I really like that depth.

Jade - Loyalty
Erron Black - Thrills
Kabal - Avarice
Sub-Zero - Redemption
Scorpion - Vengeance
Baraka - Preservation
Raiden - Security
Shao Kahn - Dominance
D'Vorah - Survival
Geras - Service
Kano - Greed
Cassie Cage - Approval
Skarlet - Acceptance
Sonya Blade - Vigilance
Johnny Cage - Vanity
Jacqui Briggs - Protection

What will Mileena's be....I wonder....

Also, when Injustice 2's website was up and they had the roster section they expanded on it. So, it makes more sense for what we see to be base roster (including Shao Kahn) and then when the Kombat Pack is revealed and each character gets released, they'll add to that.

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But She is loyal man.

One thing NRS retconed with MK 11 is that female are no longer called Ninjas, to earthrealmers they are still seen as a Ninja but their work or what they grow to be imperial bodyguards, which seems to be a facction that protects the emperor.

Just like ANBU from Naruto, basically an elite of warriors who are sworn to protect their king, like Royal Guards.

And on top of this they all have an another specification, which is interesting, Skarlet its a Mage, Jade is an Assassin, Kitana might be Princess and Assassin Tanya is definitely an ambassator, Mileena was born to replace Kitana and etc etc

So they added some lore to the female Ninjas... ooops i mean Imperial guards..

haketh

Noob
Huh

Wonder why Baraka was put down as preservation. Kinda interested in that if it connects with some things I’m noticing from his dialogue with other characters.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Reposting my theory here, now that this is a thing
I think the base roster, when you turn on the game, will be 24-25 (depending on if Shao Kahn or a "?" is the 25th slot), but there will be 8 unlockable characters, which include Reptile, Smoke, Mileena, Shang Tsung (though he may be the 24-25th of the base instead of Shao Kahn), . . . . which would mean that every character from MK1 and MK2 would be in it (minus the 2 Shokan)

also Rain will be one of the unlockables (hinted from menu art), which leaves 3 left of which i think one is new, one is Sindel (since all the other fightable npcs from MKX got in). The last one i think is someone from the 3D era

but this is just my prediction

EDIT: Or if they arn't unlockables, the base roster is just bigger and NRS is just hiding that fact from us atm. (see 2 posts below for my opinions why.)
Obviously its more my edit now as i think these unrevealed characters will be base and not unlockables, but still is my theory on whoi think is in the game.

Gamer68

Fujin!
If there really is only 25 characters in the game, then NRS' updating the site with the roster (finally, after forever) and to also include 4 more slots than usual on said roster when rumors of Shang Tsung, Shinnok, Mileena, and/or Rain are in the game, would be a pretty big mess up on their part.