What's new

MK11 Roster - 29 Characters Confirmed

Gamer68

Fujin!
I would actually be okay if the 29th character (assuming 29 wasn't a mistake) was Kronika. I would prefer to have Rain, Fujin, or Sindel instead, but at the same time, Kronika not being playable kinda doesn't make sense to me.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I would actually be okay if the 29th character (assuming 29 wasn't a mistake) was Kronika. I would prefer to have Rain, Fujin, or Sindel instead, but at the same time, Kronika not being playable kinda doesn't make sense to me.
The vast majority of MK bosses have been unplayable, though.

And she doesn't look like she's very customizable, either. Her 3 gear pieces could theoretically be her head jewel, chest jewel, and a weapon she pulls out in combat... but 1) we haven't seen a weapon and 2) two jewels is pretty lame.

Not saying it can't happen, but nothing seems to hint at it.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Most important thing here is Erron Black is officially from DUUUUUUUMB OOOOOOOL' TEEEEEEXAAAAAAAASSSSS

I WANNA GO HOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOME

Burn2019

Noob
Skarlet's bio: 'She is his deadliest, most faithful creation.' UM MILEENA SAYS HELLO.

Anyway, this is super hype and is getting me excited for Mileena, Shang, and Rain being in.

I also love how they all have 'traits' I guess. Or a word that describes their personality. I really like that depth.

Jade - Loyalty
Erron Black - Thrills
Kabal - Avarice
Sub-Zero - Redemption
Scorpion - Vengeance
Baraka - Preservation
Raiden - Security
Shao Kahn - Dominance
D'Vorah - Survival
Geras - Service
Kano - Greed
Cassie Cage - Approval
Skarlet - Acceptance
Sonya Blade - Vigilance
Johnny Cage - Vanity
Jacqui Briggs - Protection

What will Mileena's be....I wonder....

Also, when Injustice 2's website was up and they had the roster section they expanded on it. So, it makes more sense for what we see to be base roster (including Shao Kahn) and then when the Kombat Pack is revealed and each character gets released, they'll add to that.

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s not forget that OG Mileena betrayed Shao Kahn after being reborn in the Netherrealm in MKTrilogy. Not that loyal!

Gamer68

Fujin!
The vast majority of MK bosses have been unplayable, though.

And she doesn't look like she's very customizable, either. Her 3 gear pieces could theoretically be her head jewel, chest jewel, and a weapon she pulls out in combat... but 1) we haven't seen a weapon and 2) two jewels is pretty lame.

Not saying it can't happen, but nothing seems to hint at it.
Yeah, but with the exception of MK9, all NRS games have allowed you to play as the boss. Injustice 1 you could play as Evil Superman (he was a skin), MKX you can be Shinnok, INJ2 you can be Brainiac.

Not to mention in MKX they let you play as Goro and now in MK11 they are letting you play as Shao Kahn, and these were previous boss characters. It just seemed like they were done with non-playable bosses.

I figured Kronika would have a boss version that gives her more moves, or maybe a "powered-up version" similar to Corrupted Shinnok, but a playable version of her would still be available. Especially since she is one of the few new characters in the game, technically.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I wonder why there is no Earthrealm character from Europe, South America or Africa... :-p
Because most Earthrealm characters were created before 1995, and those that weren't are children of those that were.

Edit: though it should be noted that Cyrax (mkx) is Botswanan, Smoke (mkx) has been revealed as Czech, and Kotal while being Osh Tekk did spend a lot of time in South America.

Last edited:

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Look at this objectively, the top 4 rows make up 25 characters, this is the base roster.

The bottom row is for DLC, not a single "base roster" character is in this row.

There's 5 boxes there, do people really think their are possibly 5 unlockable characters? It's for DLC.

Mileena isnt in the game.
But Shao kahn is in the Second row

You played yourself fool.

Damn, I wanna apologize to the Idris Elba avatar guy (I think it was) for saying them hiding roster spots was unrealistic. On the flip side, the marketing continues to boggle my mind. Why hide it if you're still revealing it before the game is out?

Also damn, this is the character count I was hoping for. Squee!