What's new

MK11 Predictions (NOT roster related)

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I think the crushing blows or new “X-ray” will be the weapon involvement. Both times they zoomed in on the weapons in the trailer they were the cinematic feel of the X-ray. I do think every character will have a weapon and moves to accompany them though. It can’t be coincidence that they have shown 3 characters with their weapons.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
excuse me but we now 2019 and mk is now a fucking serious fighter.
pls no madness anymore, thanks ;D
What are you talking about, it’s been common for decades for fighting games to have an extra mode or two for weird fun shenanigans.

Even now, Tekken 7 has a full bowling game in it, along side all of the serious fighting game stuff.

Tag mode isn’t even that crazy of an idea a huge amount of fighting games have that has a major feature.

I just think they should remove assists as the game isn’t fast enough to warrant the extra shit flying on the screen like MvC or DBZ.

Here's my prediction: the first character to get neutered will be a zoner that is similar to Deathstroke/Deadshot.
if we get a run button finally, we should be able to mb run which allows us to just run throw projectiles for one bar, that way they dont have to nerf zoning just give us a defense

also, make guns have limited capacity- erron black gets 30 bullets, including all the combo strings etc- if you are good at counting you can exploit when the bullets run out. Same with other things, give Kano 10 knives, limited resources add another layer

What are you talking about, it’s been common for decades for fighting games to have an extra mode or two for weird fun shenanigans.

Even now, Tekken 7 has a full bowling game in it, along side all of the serious fighting game stuff.

Tag mode isn’t even that crazy of an idea a huge amount of fighting games have that has a major feature.

I just think they should remove assists as the game isn’t fast enough to warrant the extra shit flying on the screen like MvC or DBZ.
huh?
i do not understand why you even quoted me

if we get a run button finally, we should be able to mb run which allows us to just run throw projectiles for one bar, that way they dont have to nerf zoning just give us a defense

also, make guns have limited capacity- erron black gets 30 bullets, including all the combo strings etc- if you are good at counting you can exploit when the bullets run out. Same with other things, give Kano 10 knives, limited resources add another layer
Not everybody should be a tester/developer and this proves it.

Agilaz

It has begun
I've been thinking about how they plan to balance character movelists if we indeed get to make our custom variations by picking the moves we want.

Like Imagine Tempest Lao who then also throws hats all over the screen a la Buzzsaw. /shudders

Because of this, I'm gonna take a wild guess and predict that moves will work on a point-buy system. You'll have different moves, each with different values and a set amount of points to spend. That way you could probably avoid having "variations" that can just do everything.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
In Injustice 2, there were 2 slots for gear moves. Some moves only took 1 slot, so you could have an additional 2 specials. But some took up BOTH slots. That's probably gonna be similar to what they do here.

You can only have a certain amount of specials. So, similar to MKX / Injustice 2, every character will have a base move-set with a wide variety of specials at hand, and variations will be exactly the same as the loadouts from Injustice 2 and the variations of MKX. Except you get to pick however many specials they allow you to pick.

It'll be like this:

Sub Zero's base move-set specials could be - Ice Burst, Ice Ball, and Slide. (These are just his base moves in MKX when no variations are chosen I'm sure they'd give him more than 3 specials.)

His gear moves could then be Frost Hammer/Air Frost Hammer, Polar Puncture, Frozen Aura, Barrier of Frost, and then his Ice Klone.

The Frost Hammer, Frozen Aura, and Barrier of Frost might only take up one slot space. So you could alternate between those.

However, the command grab and his Ice Klone might take up all two slots so you might only be able to have those as specials for a specific variation. I'm sure someone who actually knows those moves and their importance to gameplay could make a better assessment than that, but hopefully, you understand what I mean.

tldr: It'll likely be the same as the gear move system in Injustice 2, but I'm sure NRS made some tweaks to fit this game better.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
In Injustice 2, there were 2 slots for gear moves. Some moves only took 1 slot, so you could have an additional 2 specials. But some took up BOTH slots. That's probably gonna be similar to what they do here.

You can only have a certain amount of specials. So, similar to MKX / Injustice 2, every character will have a base move-set with a wide variety of specials at hand, and variations will be exactly the same as the loadouts from Injustice 2 and the variations of MKX. Except you get to pick however many specials they allow you to pick.

It'll be like this:

Sub Zero's base move-set specials could be - Ice Burst, Ice Ball, and Slide. (These are just his base moves in MKX when no variations are chosen I'm sure they'd give him more than 3 specials.)

His gear moves could then be Frost Hammer/Air Frost Hammer, Polar Puncture, Frozen Aura, Barrier of Frost, and then his Ice Klone.

The Frost Hammer, Frozen Aura, and Barrier of Frost might only take up one slot space. So you could alternate between those.

However, the command grab and his Ice Klone might take up all two slots so you might only be able to have those as specials for a specific variation. I'm sure someone who actually knows those moves and their importance to gameplay could make a better assessment than that, but hopefully, you understand what I mean.

tldr: It'll likely be the same as the gear move system in Injustice 2, but I'm sure NRS made some tweaks to fit this game better.
I was thinking something along the lines of 3 slots to work with myself, although this entire system doesn't apply that well to every character in MK X. Some of them have a lot more things added in their variations than others, like Kenshi where nearly every move he has changes in some capacity, or Reptile, who gains literally one move in each variation.

I mostly thought it out for D'vorah since she's my main, and has a grand total of 6 specials from all her variations: Bug Spray(2) , the Venomous poison passive (1), Krawler (2), BM's projectile (1), Wasp Grenade (2), and Vortex Swarm (1).

I've assigned values based on what I think are the best specials in each traditional variation (Although I could see it being switched the other way for Venomous, tbh).

With a total of 3 slots to work with, I'd say the best version of D'vorah I could make is with Wasp Grenade (2) and the Venomous passsive (1). She'd have conversions, pressure, neutral, and over the top damage. But most importantly, it would mean the return of puddle oki. The standard puddle didn't get the recovery nerf that Vortex swarm did, is still +12 without meter, and with meter is >+20 and launches.

On the other hand, Brood Mother is already the best use of Krawler under this system. Paired with any other one slot special, you lose your pressure, resets, and ability to combo off b1. You'd literally have just b14 and b1~ovipositor.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Yeah, what a useless move. Combo starting, eating other projectiles when meter burned and with a huge hitbox to catch jumers, totally useless.
Lol you actually have to hit someone with it to start a combo. Most of the cast can wake up, throw their projectile and stuff the ice ball before it ever comes out. I rarely ever used the ice ball in mkx unless it was in the middle of a combo I already started and even then the frost hammer launcher was my preferred special.

Hey that's still better than the full 3 minute startup it had in the movie
You have a point there :DOGE