What's new

MK11 Predictions (NOT roster related)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
So, I have some predictions about MK11, and I was curious to see what you lot thought about them, and what predictions you have (not related to what characters will / won't be in, that stuff bores me).

Firstly, I REALLY think that we'll get weapon stances back, and I think they'll be handled really interestingly. I think that MK11 will bring back 3D-era weapon stances, where the weapon stance will be used as away to extend your character's range and deal damage in minimal hits but that they will severely hinder combo potential while in that stance (and also that maybe movement will be hindered in weapon stance, but that each hit also deals more chip damage).

If not that, I definitely think we'll be getting Deception-style stage weapons, that you can pick up and use, rather than the MKX/Injustice style interactables that you throw/swing once.

We will NOT be getting dash block back.

Also, I think we could get GOT Premier skins with the first Kombat pack.

So, let me know what you think, either about my predictions, or post your own. Anything that's not a roster prediction.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I REALLY think that we'll get weapon stances back
I REALLY hope you're wrong about this!
I always thought it was awkward and unfitting to just hand every single character some kind of weapon in MK4-MKA. The characters who have weapons as part of their main moveset should of course keep them, but I don't want to see ALL characters get handed a weapon just to have one.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't see dash block returning, either. It wasn't intended to be used as a movement tool in the first game although it was very effective, it looks very strange in practice. Not aesthetically pleasing to casual viewers.

Game of Thrones skins? Is that what you're suggesting?

The idea of weapons being stage-specific is interesting but that would put a HUGE amount of importance on the stages chosen for each match. I had assumed the weapons would be stance/variation related, but you could be right.

Weapon stance COULD work if done properly. I just don't want every character constantly in weapon stance because it's the most viable way to play the character, though. Some sort of seamless transition between an attack string into a weapon string would be cool, though.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think they are going to do a "Classic" variation and a "New timeline" variation like that one leak made out, at least when applicable for older characters. That whole idea made a lot of sense to me. In some cases I think that will be a variation with a weapon and others not. Just like MKX. Story wise the variation will reflect the "timeline" it is from but practically it just means we get two variations and a custom variation they've talked about. Custom variations will not be tournament legal and we'll have a competitive mode aspect like Injustice 2 had. Here's hoping RNG loot and stats doesn't make a return.

I think we'll see more focus on better quality animations and a better ranked system, which are the two biggest complaints about NRS games that weren't fixed in the last two games already.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I feel like they might surprise us with a larger initial roster size than we expect, given that we know they started working on this while working on MKX and I2 shows they are willing to build their games legacy style.

Itd be awesome if there were platforms, and then higher levels you can jump up/down from. I hope the interactables get super creative this time, get weird.

I REALLY hope you're wrong about this!
I always thought it was awkward and unfitting to just hand every single character some kind of weapon in MK4-MKA. The characters who have weapons as part of their main moveset should of course keep them, but I don't want to see ALL characters get handed a weapon just to have one.
Some characters who normally wouldn’t have a weapon looked cool with them and it DID fit them (Sindel) and some characters it really didn’t fit at all...(Ermac)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I find the whole debate about Tag mode rather inconsistent...

Ed Boon confirmed that it was the least played mode in MK9, hence why it didn't return in MKX. But at the same time, I keep seeing people requesting for it to return.

So what exactly does that mean? That the people wanting it back are just a vocal minority? Or do they say they want it back, but didn't actually play it much in MK9? Or was Ed Boon outright lying?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
i predict tag mode
That's not going to happen, but if it happens I SOOO want pre match interaction between team members instead of opponents! That would be hilarious.

Also if tag team makes a return I'd be so happy I'd probably die before the game comes out.

Here's my prediction: the first character to get neutered will be a zoner that is similar to Deathstroke/Deadshot.
Considering how Deadshot and FA Jaqui annoyed the community at the start of their respective games's lifespan, that wouldn't be too smart at all.

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Re custom variations, each character could have let's say 10-12 unique features/specials, of which you can select up to 4 to 6 for your custom playable version of the character. This would expand the ceiling for learning matchups and give the game greater longevity, as the total number of variations would be much higher

E

Eldriken

Re custom variations, each character could have let's say 10-12 unique features/specials, of which you can select up to 4 to 6 for your custom playable version of the character. This would expand the ceiling for learning matchups and give the game greater longevity, as the total number of variations would be much higher
Sub-Zero with a Klone, parry and command grab. No thanks. =P

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
why do so many people say that there will no tag mode? it has definitely been a lot of fun for many people ;D
I think they expect the mode to end up being underused after a while, and unlike Team Battles or Arcade Race (or whatever it was), Tag Team requires a lot of work to be implemented.

I'd say Tag Team is my most requested thing for MK11, on par with the return of dash blocking, but I don't expect either to make a comeback unfortunately. Just imagine how hype it would be to go play online matches with a friend, learning tag combos together and maybe if you get super competitive even call tags like "foward 213 tag". God that would be AMAZING!!!

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Realistically trying to guess, I think :

• Will have a bunch of challenge towers with diferent stuff to do, similar to the Multiverse thing in Injustice 2
  • Test your Might mini-game probably will be in
  • Krypt , none doubt, it's in
  • 2 variances (one current timeline / another past timeline), and could happen that one of them could be weapon based
  • Brutalities are 100% to be in

I think they expect the mode to end up being underused after a while, and unlike Team Battles or Arcade Race (or whatever it was), Tag Team requires a lot of work to be put implemented.

I'd say Tag Team is my most requested thing for MK11, on par with the return of dash blocking, but I don't expect either to make a comeback unfortunately. Just imagine how hype it would be to go play online matches with a friend, learning tag combos together and maybe if you get super competitive even call tags like "foward 213 tag". God that would be AMAZING!!!
regarding dash blocking, we dont need it on 11, we just need an enhanced umk9 version for the ps4 ;D
i mean it could come back because it was really a good mechanic. but it's like with 3s and the parry system or zero3 with vism. some mechanics will be associated with a particular game forever :)

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
regarding dash blocking, we dont need it on 11, we just need an enhanced umk9 version for the ps4 ;D
i mean it could come back because it was really a good mechanic. but it's like with 3s and the parry system or zero3 with vism. some mechanics will be associated with a particular game forever :)
I wish the run would become MKX's associated mechanic, at least post reboot. That way we can get back to dash blocking, the perfect movement mechanic.