What's new

MK11 on PC: Worth it?

Ryzen 3 1200
GTX 1060 3Gb version
24 GB RAM (currently at 2400, plan to be up to 32 GB at 2666 by the end of the month, take out the two 2400 4GB sticks)
I have an SSD but don't really install games on it, just the system.

I live in Russia and the income here is a bit different to put it lightly. So, regional pricing.
Your system it totally fine for the game. I have:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB OC
  • Windows 10 Home May 2019 Update
  • 1 GB HDD (Non-SSD)
I run it at max settings, minus Motion Blur, at 1920 x 1080, and I'm at an average of 59 to 60 FPS. I turn off Motion Blur on purpose as I do not like the effect. I have 60FPS Intros and Special Moves on, though I am not using 60 FPS Krypt. Now that the game is patched properly and performance issues are fixed, I might be able to, but haven't bothered trying.

Your system it totally fine for the game. I have:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB OC
  • Windows 10 Home May 2019 Update
  • 1 GB HDD (Non-SSD)
I run it at max settings, minus Motion Blur, at 1920 x 1080, and I'm at an average of 59 to 60 FPS. I turn off Motion Blur on purpose as I do not like the effect. I have 60FPS Intros and Special Moves on, though I am not using 60 FPS Krypt. Now that the game is patched properly and performance issues are fixed, I might be able to, but haven't bothered trying.
Yeah, it runs at 60 all the time for me but I noticed a weird stutter when entering or leaving the fatal blow animation. Not sure if it's because I didn't reboot after installation or some other issue.
But damn, the menus and intros look a lot smoother than on ps4

Yeah, it runs at 60 all the time for me but I noticed a weird stutter when entering or leaving the fatal blow animation. Not sure if it's because I didn't reboot after installation or some other issue.
But damn, the menus and intros look a lot smoother than on ps4
I haven't had said stutter myself. Are you running the latest drivers on your system?

I'd certainly do a reboot. I power down my own system when not in use, so it's always a clean boot up.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hello there, whoever's reading this! Looking for some advice I guess.
I bought MK11 on release on PS4 and have been playing it on there ever since. However, since then I managed to build myself a half decent PC, got some Xbox 360 controllers with an adapter and have been enjoying some newer games.
So, I logged on to Steam today and saw a WB sale. In my country MK11 Premium Edition on Steam costs less than Kombat Pack on PSN, plus I wouldn't have to pay the PS+ subscription.
However, I have been burned by MKX PC version and am very suspicious of WB's practices. I know a fair amount of people here play on PC, so I wanted to know. Is it treated like an afterthought? Are there more bugs/cheaters? Does content come out with a large delay? Is it worth spending money on over other versions?
Yes.

I haven't had said stutter myself. Are you running the latest drivers on your system?

I'd certainly do a reboot. I power down my own system when not in use, so it's always a clean boot up.
Yeah, tried it now and it works like a charm.
Didn't notice that Premium Edition came without Shao Kahn and now I have the pleasure of unlocking customisation again, but the game works great.

Yeah, tried it now and it works like a charm.
Didn't notice that Premium Edition came without Shao Kahn and now I have the pleasure of unlocking customisation again, but the game works great.
Shao Kahn was a pre-order bonus, and not part of the standard or Premium Edition of the game.

If you want him, you'll have to buy him separately at this point.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Short answer- No
Long answer- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit- When people talk about MK cheats, and they do it every game, it leaves me pretty confused. I've had my finger on the pulse of PC game hacking for over a decade, and I've never seen or heard of anything for fighting games pretty much ever. There's unlockers and verification cracks, but there's nothing you can really do from your end to modify the game in a way that gives you an advantage. I suppose you could make a combo macro, but I've tried designing those for numerous games, and they don't really work as designed. You can lag switch on any system, but I'd argue that doesn't give that big of an advantage to the person using it. Does anyone have an example of "hacking" that they wouldn't mind sharing so I could figure out what the hell people are talking about?