What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Wigy

There it is...
Have projectiles block advantage always changed by distance?
Yes. Think about it, you don't start recovering after they block it so the time it takes to reach them counts to block adv. I.E cages are plus two. If it takes 7 frames more than point blank to cover the distance they're plus 9. That's why skarlet has full screen frame traps

Yes. Think about it, you don't start recovering after they block it so the time it takes to reach them counts to block adv. I.E cages are plus two. If it takes 7 frames more than point blank to cover the distance they're plus 9. That's why skarlet has full screen frame traps
LOL.

Wigy

There it is...
I would really like it if Johnny's grab put them close enough for Oki, I think that would help his neutral immensely. Jacqui I get so much work done from back grabs as she can guarantee a low string after

Wigy

There it is...
So don't know if it's been posted but I've seen videos of even pros using less optimal corner combos

Highest I've found- f344 np mb f3 2 2 2 2121 np 360 damage.

Tbh though the 4th 2 is hard to land

Only checked on sub! I hope so :(

D1 into st. 2 doesn't work on sonya. d4 into f3 does though. Idk who has small hurtboxes in this game to check them all. :(

I heard Johnny had a small hurtbox while crouching and d1 into st.2 works on him, doesn't work on skarlet sonya or cassie for sure. feels bad. d4 into f3 works on everyone from as far as I can tell though
D1 into s2 is hard to link but man d4 into f3 is hella easy lol, and even if they get uppercut happy I just switch to f4 and then switch back. I find that they get afraid to spam d2 and pokes when I get the jail perfect or keep f4ing them.

Also kudos for the knowledge my man!

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Frost seems an absolutely horrible matchup
The only upshot is she can't really open you up. I need to unlock her so I can lab her strings. The one where she stabs, and then the third hit is like a double overswing pushes you way too far back to retaliate. Not sure how to deal with that one tbh, assuming flawless block.

Aside from that, the 2nd hit from her low starter is high, so if she does 2 hits in an attempt to confirm, you can block the low, release block and punish. I don't think she has an OH starter. Her range is definitely an issue though.

Wigy

There it is...
The only upshot is she can't really open you up. I need to unlock her so I can lab her strings. The one where she stabs, and then the third hit is like a double overswing pushes you way too far back to retaliate. Not sure how to deal with that one tbh, assuming flawless block.

Aside from that, the 2nd hit from her low starter is high, so if she does 2 hits in an attempt to confirm, you can block the low, release block and punish. I don't think she has an OH starter. Her range is definitely an issue though.
Need to lab her but she's got some move that's like predators d4 and it's absolutely evil cause cage has no fast mids. Plus you can't really play zoning neutral in the midscreen cause she can put out her head bomb thing.

I feel like any character that can abuse a long range d4 and stop his zoning will give him issues.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Nah man I was being derpy because it was so obvious why they were at advantage so when you explained it I was like
The problem is you said "f344 puts you at+6 ". That's what the other commenter questioned. He never even mentioned the advantage of forceballs, which you're laughing at someone explaining.

What you said was plain wrong, and the guy correctly called you out on it. No one has denied forceballs are amazing, arguably the best fireball in the game. The problem is half the cast has bugged hitboxes causing the forceballs to whiff over crouch blockers so you can't link them in block strings properly.

Edit: And Wigy- agreed. It lets them take away your access to f3 which hurts tremendously. To be fair, it feels like a lot of the cast is lacking access to fast mids, so neutral crouch is safer than it's ever been. It seems like good mids will likely be an indicator of tier strength down the line.

Wigy

There it is...
The problem is you said "f344 puts you at+6 ". That's what the other commenter questioned. He never even mentioned the advantage of forceballs, which you're laughing at someone explaining.

What you said was plain wrong, and the guy correctly called you out on it. No one has denied forceballs are amazing, arguably the best fireball in the game. The problem is half the cast has bugged hitboxes causing the forceballs to whiff over crouch blockers so you can't link them in block strings properly.
Think you're misunderstanding him my dude. He was just laughing at himself as he didn't grasp something thats quite obvious

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So don't know if it's been posted but I've seen videos of even pros using less optimal corner combos

Highest I've found- f344 np mb f3 2 2 2 2121 np 360 damage.

Tbh though the 4th 2 is hard to land
That's pretty good. I tried the same combo but replaced f3 with 4 and it did less damage. But 4 does more damage than f3. Makes me think scaling is based on total damage of the combo and not number of hits?

Wigy

There it is...
That's pretty good. I tried the same combo but replaced f3 with 4 and it did less damage. But 4 does more damage than f3. Makes me think scaling is based on total damage of the combo and not number of hits?
I also tested this. I think it's because 4 standalone is a launcher technically. B2 does the same. Heavy scaling

D

Deleted member 35141

Is there any use for the flipkick? even in mkx it could be used in corner combos. This is my biggest issue with all characters having a bunch of useless moves

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Is there any use for the flipkick? even in mkx it could be used in corner combos. This is my biggest issue with all characters having a bunch of useless moves
It seems to have slightly more horizontal range than D2, so I've been using it to anti air in some occasions. It's risky though.

Flippy Kick is actually a decent ender, since Nut Punch isn't as plus as it used to be I've been ending my corner combos with Flippy Kick instead.

Sorry for my janky Xbox video but this is the most optimal corner combo I've found so far, two bars for a solid 402%, nothing sexy but optimal.

Starts at 18 seconds..

34~BD3 (amp) 2,2,2,2,2,2,121 DB3 (amp) 402.52%

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I find it mindblasting that after all that hard work getting b2 after ex np midscreen and aligning planets and inputs, his highest bnb is just dash up 121 WTF.

Also, I'll ask this as many times as it takes until it gets fixed:
WHY IS 121 dialed fast NOT SPECIAL CANCELABLE and 121 inputed like street fighter is?????????????????????????????????

D

Deleted member 35141

So just messing around with custom variations and I feel rising star would be very useful it's MB is a overhead and only -4 on block and decent chip too could also lead to d1 grab.

Also the pissed off move could be a great combo ender with high damage.
I've been doing 121 rising star on block and 121 pissed off on hit.

Too bad it's not a actual variation but maybe at some point

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
So just messing around with custom variations and I feel rising star would be very useful it's MB is a overhead and only -4 on block and decent chip too could also lead to d1 grab.

Also the pissed off move could be a great combo ender with high damage.
I've been doing 121 rising star on block and 121 pissed off on hit.

Too bad it's not a actual variation but maybe at some point
Thus far, my optimal build (and the one that I currently plan on labbing with, in case it can become tournament-viable) is Rising Star, Pissed Off and Brass Knuckles.