What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

JDM

Noob
Even on females?
Only checked on sub! I hope so :(

D1 into st. 2 doesn't work on sonya. d4 into f3 does though. Idk who has small hurtboxes in this game to check them all. :(

I heard Johnny had a small hurtbox while crouching and d1 into st.2 works on him, doesn't work on skarlet sonya or cassie for sure. feels bad. d4 into f3 works on everyone from as far as I can tell though

Last edited:
bro are you guys downplaying johnny cage? LMFAO ROFLCOPTER
Seems like it’s everyone on here with their characters this time man, it’s like the hunger games.

Maybe it isn’t Johnny that’s bad, maybe it’s just a bad game?

Everyone online is just mashing d1-d3-d4-d2 and just ending rounds that come down the wire with fatal blows.

The mechanics definitely need looking at.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Can you explain? I’ve actually been having trouble with characters with low profiling slides, the fear of the move makes me play their game, ala Erron Black and sub.
I was asking because someone said it in the discussion. Was curious why they thought so. Someone already tagged him so we'll have to wait on a response.

Found what seems to be a safe way to activate his chip dmg buff. Do whatever BnB into mb nutpunch, lets say f3,4,4 xx nutpunch amplify, run cancel 121 xx brass knuckles.
Good call, that's probably the safest way to activate brass knuckles

---

Okay so I found something interesting, @Circus already mentionned Cage's hurtbox in another thread being able to low profile some moves. In his exemple, the second hit of Kano's f12 (a high move) is low profiled by crouch blocking. And I found another move like this.

So I was labbing to punish Liu Kang and I found that : Liu Liu's b34 has two hits, low and mid and is -2 on block. But the thing is that Johnny wants to punch his revenant nuts so hard he can low profile the mid and punish this -2 string.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Good call, that's probably the safest way to activate brass knuckles

---

Okay so I found something interesting, @Circus already mentionned Cage's hurtbox in another thread being able to low profile some moves. In his exemple, the second hit of Kano's f12 (a high move) is low profiled by crouch blocking. And I found another move like this.

So I was labbing to punish Liu Kang and I found that : Liu Liu's b34 has two hits, low and mid and is -2 on block. But the thing is that Johnny wants to punch his revenant nuts so hard he can low profile the mid and punish this -2 string.

That feeling when good stuff about Cage is stuff that should be fixed lol

Wigy

There it is...
d1 jails into st.2 on hit
d4 jails into f.3 on hit

honestly not even really missing a mid at this point lol. f4 is good enough to check crouchers at a range as is b2 and after a poke you get jail pressure if you're good.
Just frame jails off pokes are typically unreliable you can't really hitconfirm that in time.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I’ve actually been beating crouch neutral with f212 they are scared of shadow kick and high fireball so they get hit by the 1or 2, also I don’t think the 1 in the string is really -5 as I’ve been able to beat pokes, it might be a distance thing though.
It’s hella slow tho, my dude. Might try to make an oki setup with it. Idk, the 2nd hit doesnt reach nearly as far as it looks like it does.

Something interesting I’ve been trying is cancelling D4’s into forecball to try and make people respect D4 harder. Same with B3,4. After that, it’s safer to cancel those as well as F4 into caged rage. Forceball has such a delayed startup animation in strings it catches people off guard. The D4 cancel is something Goro players did in X as a punchwalk setup.

Oh, and I don’t see enough cages activating brass knuckles. I feel like once they fix the hitbox issue it’ll be really crucial since it makes his already good zoning very deadly. With the Liu nerfs (that pc doesnt have yet), johnny might have the best fireball in the game. Been using it as a safe whiff punish lately. If we get hitboxes, and F3 mid, I don’t care about anything else. Worse nuptunch is w/e, and krushing blows are w/e.

OH, forgot to ask- have yall noticed fatal blow not having immediate armor frames? I’ve had it beaten out by normals... a lot.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Looking at the gunshow vid lol, cage got VAPORIZED with krushing blows and 50% damage.

It's a good thing our char also has usable krushing blows A WAIT THEYREUTTERLYUSELESS

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It’s hella slow tho, my dude. Might try to make an oki setup with it. Idk, the 2nd hit doesnt reach nearly as far as it looks like it does.

Something interesting I’ve been trying is cancelling D4’s into forecball to try and make people respect D4 harder. Same with B3,4. After that, it’s safer to cancel those as well as F4 into caged rage. Forceball has such a delayed startup animation in strings it catches people off guard. The D4 cancel is something Goro players did in X as a punchwalk setup.

Oh, and I don’t see enough cages activating brass knuckles. I feel like once they fix the hitbox issue it’ll be really crucial since it makes his already good zoning very deadly. With the Liu nerfs (that pc doesnt have yet), johnny might have the best fireball in the game. Been using it as a safe whiff punish lately. If we get hitboxes, and F3 mid, I don’t care about anything else. Worse nuptunch is w/e, and krushing blows are w/e.

OH, forgot to ask- have yall noticed fatal blow not having immediate armor frames? I’ve had it beaten out by normals... a lot.
Poke or string into forceball doesn't work vs poke mashers since forceball is a high.

Poke or string into caged rage can work if they are sleeping, but again, it's slow.

Wrath0594

Looking at the gunshow vid lol, cage got VAPORIZED with krushing blows and 50% damage.

It's a good thing our char also has usable krushing blows A WAIT THEYREUTTERLYUSELESS
It definitely blows not having them when othwrs have pop ups and what not, but at this point I’ll take what NRS gives us and KBs are lower on the priority list.

Wigy

There it is...

They should make his fipkick a crushing blow, would give you some incentive to use the thing.

Make it a 200 damage launcher if you land it 3 times or in a punisher combo idk.

Wrath0594

Poke or string into forceball doesn't work vs mashers since forceball is a high.
The D4 usually pushes them out of range to retaliate. Like I said, I’m using it the way I did d4 xx punchwalk... Just trying to scrape by with this character. Every gimmick counts. Even if we do get buffs, idk if PC will even get patched at this point.
),:<

Once we get the day1 patch, I’mma do what all the Jade mains did and convert... Prolly to Shao Kahnism.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
The D4 usually pushes them out of range to retaliate. Like I said, I’m using it the way I did d4 xx punchwalk... Just trying to scrape by with this character. Every gimmick counts. Even if we do get buffs, idk if PC will even get patched at this point.
),:<
D1 nutpunch 4 days I do it after a nutpunch about 3 times til the person realises I'm not fucking around and they will respect my plus 4 if they want to keep their genitals in tact

I know we didn't get to see the whole set but by the end of the video it was even, 2-2 and all but 1 match went 3 rounds down to the wire.

I have no argument about his KB's though, they are truly ass cheeks.

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Seems like it’s everyone on here with their characters this time man, it’s like the hunger games.

Maybe it isn’t Johnny that’s bad, maybe it’s just a bad game?

Everyone online is just mashing d1-d3-d4-d2 and just ending rounds that come down the wire with fatal blows.

The mechanics definitely need looking at.
The issue as usual is people are not understanding the game.
The point of down pokes is confirm a hit for a grab or a standing normal to assert pressure.
Instead you have rejects mashing like maniacs mean while i block and immediately return with d1 myself or d3. D1 does not pushback from what i can tell because its for hit confirm so you want to get away you follow up with d3 or d4. Its that simple.