What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Really? Why the heck has everyone been saying you just whiff twice and it’s loaded for the rest of the match? Hell Reo and M2Dave were just talking about this on their pod cast.
I just tested it and Geras loses it when sand trap is blocked or he hits you with sand trap but doesn’t use it. He keeps it on whiff. I think this is definitely a nerf in comparison to how it previously worked.

663Damage Corner Combo that you probably never get to use:

J2--34--FBDC--34--Glasses KB--34--Camera KB--J2--121 Amp. Forceball--d1--2--121 Shadow Kick
You can get a second 2 at the end but its to risky imo

Sorry if that was listed somewhere before. Also il jump on the train FORCEBALLS DONT WORK!

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
What is this pose though, is it supposed to be a picture frame thing? Looks kinda stupid IMO but I need this brutal!
The pose is awful.

I'm guessing they slipped it in along with the patch, and doesn't have to be unlocked to be performed. Just have to figure out what the requirements are.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Okay, a couple of things. I was watching @Kompetitor's latest YouTube vid and apparently, you don't need to stun your enemy with Camera anymore to perform Johnny's 'The Award Goes To' brutality.

Also, can someone check if ending a combo with F3/244U4 is a safe way to sneak in a whiffed Camera for the KB? I'd check myself, but I'm at work for the next 8 hours lol.

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Okay, a couple of things. I was watching @Kompetitor's latest YouTube vid and apparently, you don't need to stun your enemy with Camera anymore to perform Johnny's 'The Award Goes To' brutality.

Also, can someone check if ending a combo with F3/244U4 is a safe way to sneak in a whiffed Camera for the KB? I'd check myself, but I'm at work for the next 8 hours lol.
Yeah I just checked that out, interesting. Does that mean we can do it with Shock Jock now?

For anyone wondering:

11:41ish

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

Tried using the F3 as a combo ender with Skarlet set to U3 on wakeup, I used hers since its a 9-frame wakeup with good range, and it will hit you if you try it. So, this should be done only if you're facing a character with bad wakeup options, or that doesn't have meter.

244U2 could work due to the knockback, though. Just need to watch for teleporters.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I was wondering if they can't fix the actual whiffing for forceballs by adjusting the hitboxes, why don't they just adjust the projectile by lowering its animation a lil' bit on the screen so it can hit crouch blocking female hitboxes?
Was kinda thinking the same thing. Or just make them bigger? They were ginormous in MKX by comparison.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Nice! Didn't know about this yet.
Yep, which to me is making some of this downplaying even more ridiculous. Other characters now have the ability to jail into normals more easily, so Johnny had to have something as well and he got it. Now we have it where he can jail into 244 AMP Forceball from D1 against everyone, which when stand blocking whiffs against nobody and we get our pressure there, and if the opponent gets conditioned to that and tries to crouch block, you have the ability to stop at the 244 and throw instead.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yep, which to me is making some of this downplaying even more ridiculous. Other characters now have the ability to jail into normals more easily, so Johnny had to have something as well and he got it. Now we have it where he can jail into 244 AMP Forceball from D1 against everyone, which when stand blocking whiffs against nobody and we get our pressure there, and if the opponent gets conditioned to that and tries to crouch block, you have the ability to stop at the 244 and throw instead.
I think its good yes, but my issue with Johnny right now is that we can't cash out on damage.

We have great buttons and we can do awesome things in the neuch but we still can't cash out on the big dammie. Show Stopper seems to kinda help but it's still no where near as viable as everyone else.

On top of that, by the time you do open someone up, gg they flip out lol.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I think its good yes, but my issue with Johnny right now is that we can't cash out on damage.

We have great buttons and we can do awesome things in the neuch but we still can't cash out on the big dammie. Show Stopper seems to kinda help but it's still no where near as viable as everyone else.

On top of that, by the time you do open someone up, gg they flip out lol.
Yeah, that is a legit criticism and something that I feel is gonna keep Johnny out of the highest tier. I'm mainly referring to some people still feeling that he's a shitty character, and I'm hoping that the discovery that Kompetitor found can change that.

D1 jailing into 124 will definitely be useful moving forward, especially in matchups where our forceballs whiff.
It is, but Johnny still has the problem of not really being able to take advantage of +6 because of the push back of 124 and forceballs, all you have really got is f4.

I can’t remember a game where being +6 simply reset the neutral.

Also claiming everyone in here is downplaying is how we got here in the first place with little to no changes.

Now I’m not saying we should be as dramatic as some of the posters in here but it’s like blak fellow said, dude got shafted and this “we are happy with what we got” attitude is going to be the reason he will be the exact same at the end of the games life.

But if you guys want to let a bunch of top tier using trolls,brain dead shills, and
NRS baby mommas sway your opinion by calling you all crybabies and downplayers then so be it lol.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
It is, but Johnny still has the problem of not really being able to take advantage of +6 because of the push back of 124 and forceballs, all you have really got is f4.

I can’t remember a game where being +6 simply reset the neutral.

Also claiming everyone in here is downplaying is how we got here in the first place with little to no changes.

Now I’m not saying we should be as dramatic as some of the posters in here but it’s like blak fellow said, dude got shafted and this “we are happy with what we got” attitude is going to be the reason he will be the exact same at the end of the games life.

But if you guys want to let a bunch of top tier using trolls,brain dead shills, and
NRS baby mommas sway your opinion by calling you all crybabies and downplayers then so be it lol.
Mainly I'm viewing it as this just being the first patch and waiting to see where we go from here. Now, if he remains as he is for the entirety of the game, that's gonna be an issue in the long-term, no question.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Mainly I'm viewing it as this just being the first patch and waiting to see where we go from here. Now, if he remains as he is for the entirety of the game, that's gonna be an issue in the long-term, no question.
but when will the patch be? Do you have the patience to wait another 4 months, meanwhile people get better and better at exploiting JC's flaws (just d4 him lol).