What's new

MK11: Hard Copy or Digital

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Hello TYM Im in a bit of a dilemma.Im trying to decide if I should pre-order the hard copy of MK11 or the digital DL which is 99 bucks for the whole shebang, dlc characters , skins etcs .What are the pros and cons with pre- order Digital DL 's?Also I want to know what you guys prefer Digital or Hard copy .

Ceroder

Noob
I prefer digital personally. Saves me a trip to a gamestore.
yer too lazy man

Hello TYM Im in a bit of a dilemma.Im trying to decide if I should pre-order the hard copy of MK11 or the digital DL which is 99 bucks for the whole shebang, dlc characters , skins etcs .What are the pros and cons with pre- order Digital DL 's?Also I want to know what you guys prefer Digital or Hard copy .
I prefer digital, and you should buy it digitally as well, its time-saving, unless you like seeing your games on a shelf or something.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I initially went the physical route and pre-ordered the $99 premium edition. Changed that to just the digital $60 edition so that I could throw some extra money at upgrading to a PS4 Pro.

Honestly, I'd advise going the digital route.

The advantages:

1. Always ready to go, ie just click the app in the PS4 menu and play. No disc changing.
  2. Download in the comfort of your home instead of wading through a crowd on release night/day.
  3. Always on your account, so cuts down on disc/case clutter and increases overall portability.
The downsides:

1. Can't sell or trade.
  2. No physical disc, which some people enjoy the tangibility of.
  3. If something catastrophic happens to your PS4 library, maybe out of luck?
In my younger years, I much preferred physical copies of games over digital. Now, though, the convenience of digital has won me over. Plus, I'm banking on the notion that I'll never sell/trade MK 11 lol

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I always get the physical copy. Mainly because it's quicker to install (I have really bad internet, and installing a 40 something GB game takes a few days and I'd obviously have to be online to install digitally. (Hopefully, that'll change soon though cause my internet is supposed to be getting fixed.) But, with the physical copy, I can take my system offline and it'll download in only about 20-30 minutes.

But, obviously, not everyone has that issue.

1. Always ready to go, ie just click the app in the PS4 menu and play. No disc changing.
No need to worry about changing discs when MK11's gonna be the only game you play. :cool:

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
yer too lazy man

I prefer digital, and you should buy it digitally as well, its time-saving, unless you like seeing your games on a shelf or something.
I initially went the physical route and pre-ordered the $99 premium edition. Changed that to just the digital $60 edition so that I could throw some extra money at upgrading to a PS4 Pro.

Honestly, I'd advise going the digital route.

The advantages:

2. Download in the comfort of your home instead of wading through a crowd on release night/day.
  3. Always on your account, so cuts down on disc/case clutter and increases overall portability.
The downsides:

1. Can't sell or trade.
  2. No physical disc, which some people enjoy the tangibility of.
  3. If something catastrophic happens to your PS4 library, maybe out of luck?
In my younger years, I much preferred physical copies of games over digital. Now, though, the convenience of digital has won me over. Plus, I'm banking on the notion that I'll never sell/trade MK 11 lol
Thanks for the input.Im definitely leaning towards going digital.Id say the pros out weigh the cons I mean I'd never trade in MK lol.It also saves me the the trouble of trying to find a ride if they do a midnight release.So I'm going to go with convenience here.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I will teleport to NRS' studio at Chicago all the way from Turkey to kick Boon in the balls while he's asleep if they mess up the port again
t.fellow pcbro
The problem was High Voltage, CDQ did a good job with MKX and Inj2. They got it this time around.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
MK is one of the few games where i do both. I bought the premium steelbook edition and the standard digital. I'm going to use the kombat pack from the physical on the digital. I plan on playing this for a long time so the digital helps me from switching the disc every time i want to play. But i also have the disc if i want to take it somewhere. Plus i also have a beta and Shao Kahn to throw to a friend and try to convince them.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Digital games mean you are just borrowing the game from whatever store you purchased it from. They can revoke that privilege at any point. If you have a physical copy they can't take that disc back from you. Especially if you're talking about Steam I would (and will) get a physical copy because of the blacklist shit Steam does.

Physical, because my connection isn't that great, so it's faster to me to install it. I also like having a box and display it on my shelf next to the MK action figures :)

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I buy hard copies mainly cause I'm old school, I like to be able to hold the box in my hands and see it sitting there on my shelf tempting me. The only times I bought a game digital was for South Park: Fracture But Whole because you got Stick of Truth for free and Mortal Kombat (2011), which I can only play if I'm connected to the internet, unfortunately a couple months after I bought MK someone hacked my XBOX account and changed my password so now I can't play it at all.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I was just having a look at the Premium editions and it says it includes ‘MK11 and Kombat pack’ and the Kombat pack includes 6dlc characters. Is there only gonna be one dlc Kombat pack? And it’s £20 extra for the premium edition. Is that actually gonna save money rather then just buying the Kombat pack when it’s released...? And then I’ll have to pay for the second Kombat pack anyway if there is one?

I am primarily a PC gamer and have been 100% digital on PC for over a decade thanks to Steam.

However, my OCD prevents me from getting MK11 digitally. I have a physical copy of every other MK game (even Special Forces and Mythologies) and it would drive me insane to not have MK11 join them on the shelf. Same with every other fighting game series.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I was just having a look at the Premium editions and it says it includes ‘MK11 and Kombat pack’ and the Kombat pack includes 6dlc characters. Is there only gonna be one dlc Kombat pack? And it’s £20 extra for the premium edition. Is that actually gonna save money rather then just buying the Kombat pack when it’s released...? And then I’ll have to pay for the second Kombat pack anyway if there is one?
As of right now there's only one but that might change depending on sales. Premium extra cost would come to the same price either way but getting premium edition allows you to get the DLC characters, skins, and gear sets earlier than everyone who got the standard edition