What's new

MK11 Cover Art Officially Revealed

hatyr

tease out the impurities
This confirms the leak that sonya is in. Why make cassie I thought last game was the swan song for them and they would just show up as npcs. Nrs still proving they have not moved on from the classics. The roster will be full of classics like the rest and the 3d era guys will get shafted again.
That's a lot to infer from what little info we have. All this really confirms is that Sonya will, at the very least, have a part in the story with voice lines.

That's a lot to infer from what little info we have. All this really confirms is that Sonya will, at the very least, have a part in the story with voice lines.
Maybe but have ronda rousey at an event just to play sonya in story? Doesn't add up. Plus she would cost too much money just be a story character.

Plop

Noob
There’s been so many leaks I’ve forgotten which one this was. DId this one come with a roster?

Sonya being more likely now means that Kenshi has more chance as well, so if that's actually the case, I can handle this weird cover art.

hatyr

tease out the impurities
Maybe I am overreacting. I, like most, thought fujin was a lock for mkx after the ending of mk9.
I get that for sure. Lots of us invested in our characters -- I have my own that I'm quite anxious about. I wouldn't get too carried away until we have more concrete info though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Sonya being more likely now means that Kenshi has more chance as well, so if that's actually the case, I can handle this weird cover art.
Sonya being in pretty much means we are getting Kano at the very least.

Every game Sonya has been in we get Kano or in MK4's case, Jarek.

My guess is that all the MK1 characters will be in the game:
  • Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Raiden
  • Liu Kang
  • Sonya Blade
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kano
Wouldn't be surprised if Shang Tsung makes it in as well. Reptile if you count him as MK1. Goro, maybe not.

I get that for sure. Lots of us invested in our characters -- I have my own that I'm quite anxious about. I wouldn't get too carried away until we have more concrete info though.
My Mains are always in which are raiden, sub zero, and liu kang. I just feel like my guy fujin has been completely shafted by nrs. But this could very well be the roster so I'll chill our for now. https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-massive-mortal-kombat-11-leak/

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I'm.....kinda glad that's the real cover? It's kinda ugly but after the last 8 years i'll take whatever color i can get in nrs games

also looking forward to beating the shit out of sonya forever and always

Gamer68

Fujin!
Why are people acting like this de-confirms Fujin or any other 3D-era character? Literally the only thing the leaked said in terms of roster is:
  • Sonya Blade is in the game
  • There are two new characters: Kronika and Geras
That's literally it. 3 characters. Counting Scorpion, Raiden, and Shao Kahn that is only 6 characters in total and this game will have a roster (most likely) of 24-30 characters. There is plenty more room.

This is like saying "KENSHI IS IN THE GAME? GUESS THAT MEANS SAREENA ISN'T IN", it makes no sense lol.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Know what would be funny? If Ed Boon posted this as the "real" cover just troll people who believed the leak.

Haha, funny. So Boon, much troll, wow
Starting to think that actually because its GENIUS! Continue the mind fuck! Until the official Reveal, i aint beleiving a muthafuckin' thing!

Why are people acting like this de-confirms Fujin or any other 3D-era character? Literally the only thing the leaked said in terms of roster is:
  • Sonya Blade is in the game
  • There are two new characters: Kronika and Geras
That's literally it. 3 characters. Counting Scorpion, Raiden, and Shao Kahn that is only 6 characters in total and this game will have a roster (most likely) of 24-30 characters. There is plenty more room.

This is like saying "KENSHI IS IN THE GAME? GUESS THAT MEANS SAREENA ISN'T IN", it makes no sense lol.
Because with sonya being in after how the last game went, one can assume nrs is still not ready to sit down the classics for a game in favor of the 3d era characters. Just my initial thought.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Welllllll.... it’s not looking good for the “I hope Sonya isn’t playable” camp is it lol.

As for the cover art being confirmed, it’s definitely unusual, but it’s eye-catching at the same time. At the very least I like that they didn’t just do the ‘safe’ thing of just putting the MK dragon symbol and title on a relatively monotonous background.