What's new

MK10's Story

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
i think they will make a continue of MK9 with shinnok like boss, quan chi under him, and new created character will be added on the raiden side

Where have all the good men gone? ( Turned into Zombies to fight in the Brotherhood of Shadow for Quan Chi ) And where are all the ( Elder ) gods?

Deitti

Noob
Personally i hope when it comes to MK10, is that they resurrect as little of the old fighters as possible and that after MK4 storyline, they steer clear of any of the 3d MKs plots. The whole idea of the reboot was in the fact that now that Shao Kahn is dead, future is changed and new things can happen. What is the point of it all if it just ends up going the same path except this time Raiden is the winner in Armageddon since Shao Kahn is no more?

So basically i hope that they go through MK4 story since Shinnok and Quan Chi are still cool villains(and confirmed at end of MK9), but after that, make up something new, new plots, new characters, new paths.

The storylines of 3d MKs were pretty horrible anyway, why would anyone want to go through all that again.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Personally i hope when it comes to MK10, is that they resurrect as little of the old fighters as possible and that after MK4 storyline, they steer clear of any of the 3d MKs plots. The whole idea of the reboot was in the fact that now that Shao Kahn is dead, future is changed and new things can happen. What is the point of it all if it just ends up going the same path except this time Raiden is the winner in Armageddon since Shao Kahn is no more?

So basically i hope that they go through MK4 story since Shinnok and Quan Chi are still cool villains(and confirmed at end of MK9), but after that, make up something new, new plots, new characters, new paths.

The storylines of 3d MKs were pretty horrible anyway, why would anyone want to go through all that again.
It will go the same path because Armageddon is a set point in time.

Deitti

Noob
It will go the same path because Armageddon is a set point in time.
Armageddon yes, but Armageddon is still far far away in the reboot and Deadly Alliance and Deception have no excuse to be included.
And just because Armageddon is set in certain point, doesn't mean it's happenings cannot change drastically.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Armageddon yes, but Armageddon is still far far away in the reboot and Deadly Alliance and Deception have no excuse to be included.
And just because Armageddon is set in certain point, doesn't mean it's happenings cannot change drastically.
Without DA and MKD then there is no Onaga. Which means theres no Shao Khan. Because Shao Khan poisoned Onaga in the first place. They are all being manipulated by The One Being to merge the realms into a singularity, but fighting is tearing the realms apart.

Deitti

Noob
Without DA and MKD then there is no Onaga. Which means theres no Shao Khan. Because Shao Khan poisoned Onaga in the first place. They are all being manipulated by The One Being to merge the realms into a singularity, but fighting is tearing the realms apart.
I do not see why Onaga wouldn't be able to exist without those two games happening. After all, that's what new material is all about.
And if you go about it like that, won't Shang Tsung's death in MK9 alone prevent Deadly Alliance, therefore prevent Onaga? Just like one could say "just resurrect Shang Tsung and everything is fine" I can say just make new material that allows Onaga to be without DA and MKD and everything is fine.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I do not see why Onaga wouldn't be able to exist without those two games happening. After all, that's what new material is all about.
And if you go about it like that, won't Shang Tsung's death in MK9 alone prevent Deadly Alliance, therefore prevent Onaga? Just like one could say "just resurrect Shang Tsung and everything is fine" I can say just make new material that allows Onaga to be without DA and MKD and everything is fine.
I think Onaga will be back. But MK10 won't have him. Maybe we can see Shujinko cuz that guy is still collecting Kamidogu.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Shang Tsung did not die in MK9. His soul was put into Sindel. It was Sindel under the influence of Shang who killed all the Heroes in the church. Shang Tsung is still very much alive in the new timeline. The Deadly Alliance was created with the resurrection of Sindel. Without the MKDA & MKD story, Onaga could be manifested from The Dream Realm, much like Freddy Krueger was. Because all realms are dreams of The One Being.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I think Onaga will be back. But MK10 won't have him. Maybe we can see Shujinko cuz that guy is still collecting Kamidogu.
Shujinko was collecting the kamidogu because of Onaga. If Onaga didn't tell Shujinko to collect Kamidogu, he would not have done it in the first place.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
You know what I think, MK's story is huge cluster fuck worse than the Matrix trilogy.

MK10 is likely going to follow the events of MK4, and we will see many returning characetrs as well as characetrs from the MKDA and MKD, the whole Armageddon thing was simply an excuse to get an MK game with every damn character in the series in one game. I trull don't thin they wanna go that route again, hell the had to re-boot parts 1,2 , & 3 just to clean up that cluster fuck of a mess they made with the story. There exists so many characters within the game that its insane to even think they will all make a return as vital members of the cast.

After re-watching the original MK9 ending, yeah they are hittig up that MK4 route and, keep in mind in the end the Elder Gods only take Shao Kahn away they fdon't actually show Kahn dead. So, honestly this story was left extremely open ended.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
What is MK4? Shinnok tries to take Edenia through invasion. Then there's the Centaur/Shokan war, which I really want to see.

Deitti

Noob
You know what I think, MK's story is huge cluster fuck worse than the Matrix trilogy.

MK10 is likely going to follow the events of MK4, and we will see many returning characetrs as well as characetrs from the MKDA and MKD, the whole Armageddon thing was simply an excuse to get an MK game with every damn character in the series in one game. I trull don't thin they wanna go that route again, hell the had to re-boot parts 1,2 , & 3 just to clean up that cluster fuck of a mess they made with the story. There exists so many characters within the game that its insane to even think they will all make a return as vital members of the cast.

After re-watching the original MK9 ending, yeah they are hittig up that MK4 route and, keep in mind in the end the Elder Gods only take Shao Kahn away they fdon't actually show Kahn dead. So, honestly this story was left extremely open ended.
I agree, the whole MK storyline is a mess which is exactly why they should steer in different direction no matter what they have to do.

Whether they have to or they want to, if they go towards Armageddon again, the storyline will end up being horrible shit once again and all the work they did in reboot will be waste. I could understand if MK series was like Tekken, where nobody gives a crap about story and have forgot it long time ago but to me it seems NRS cares about the story so these decisions are important.

Minh Giang

I agree, the whole MK storyline is a mess which is exactly why they should steer in different direction no matter what they have to do.

Whether they have to or they want to, if they go towards Armageddon again, the storyline will end up being horrible shit once again and all the work they did in reboot will be waste. I could understand if MK series was like Tekken, where nobody gives a crap about story and have forgot it long time ago but to be it seems NRS cares about the story so these decisions are important.
i tweeted this like 10 minutes ago but i'm gonna post it again: MK Story is actually a mess, they just make abc have something to do with xyz and mess it up, try to make it complicated lol.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
The whole point of Armageddon was to find a new god out of Taven/Daegon/Rain to replace Argus as God of Edenia through taking the power of Blaze from fighting.

People only hate Armageddon because their characters die at the bottom of the Pyramid. In the new timeline,. Shao Khan defeats Blaze and takes the power, so Edenia will merge with Outworld again, this time through Shao Khan's invasion instead of Shao Khan taking Edenia in MK Tournament victory like the first time.

Jade's MK9 ending hints at the return of Delia through The Dream Realm.

Minh Giang

The whole point of Armageddon was to find a new god out of Taven/Daegon/Rain to replace Argus as God of Edenia through taking the power of Blaze from fighting.

People only hate Armageddon because their characters die at the bottom of the Pyramid. In the new timeline,. Shao Khan defeats Blaze and takes the power, so Edenia will merge with Outworld again, this time through Shao Khan's invasion instead of Shao Khan taking Edenia in MK Tournament victory like the first time.

Jade's MK9 ending hints at the return of Delia through The Dream Realm.
that's mysterious woman is not Delia lol, no one has confirmed it yet, there're some people say it's Ashra/Li Mei but who gives a shit lol.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
that's mysterious woman is not Delia lol, no one has confirmed it yet, there're some people say it's Ashra/Li Mei but who gives a shit lol.
"A woman of Regal authority who, through the minds of countless warriors has been watching events as they unfolded for centuries"

Delia has vision of the MK fighting tearing apart the realms.

Both Delia and Jade are Edenian. I bet it's the return of Delia.

Minh Giang

"A woman of Regal authority who, through the minds of countless warriors has been watching events as they unfolded for centuries"

Delia has vision of the MK fighting tearing apart the realms.

Both Delia and Jade are Edenian. I bet it's the return of Delia.
could be another one, maybe a new character, that woman look totally different than Delia, it'd be very stupid to fuck the fans' mindjust with a costume. Right now, i just want to wait.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The issues with MK's original story is filled with plot holes. Hell I didn't even know there was Dream Realm ntil you guys mentioned it. Likely we will see the most important and popular of characters to return. We will likely see few new faces in the game and likely we are gonna see a few returns of later characters. Let us not foget a Skarlet now that she is basically free of her bonds with Kahn her character is likely to be explored even more now, it would be a bit of a shame that the only really new characters just get pushed aside, which I just doubt they will do that anyway. NRS is likely going to tred very carefully with the story this time and it is going to be very different from what we have seen before.

The idea BTW of Mileena ruling Outworld isn't too far fetched either, because even at some point before Kahn returned she did rule the realm for little while, which is why I do see her return.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
could be another one, maybe a new character, that woman look totally different than Delia, it'd be very stupid to fuck the fans' mindjust with a costume. Right now, i just want to wait.
"very stupid to fuck the fans' mindjust with a costume" Hey Mileena was nekkid.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
The issues with MK's original story is filled with plot holes. Hell I didn't even know there was Dream Realm ntil you guys mentioned it. Likely we will see the most important and popular of characters to return. We will likely see few new faces in the game and likely we are gonna see a few returns of later characters. Let us not foget a Skarlet now that she is basically free of her bonds with Kahn her character is likely to be explored even more now, it would be a bit of a shame that the only really new characters just get pushed aside, which I just doubt they will do that anyway. NRS is likely going to tred very carefully with the story this time and it is going to be very different from what we have seen before.

The idea BTW of Mileena ruling Outworld isn't too far fetched either, because even at some point before Kahn returned she did rule the realm for little while, which is why I do see her return.
The realms are the dreams of The One being. Kamidogu anchor the realms into physical manifestation. Freddy was used to introduce The Dream Realm, but there might not be a Dream Realm Kamidogu. Even though Shao Khan has most of the power, Quan Chi has Shinok's amulet which is used to merge the realms.