What's new

MK10's Story

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
John Vogel writes mk story. He knows what's canon or not. There's no plot holes. There is the main canon story then non canon arcade endings to keep you guessing.
your post makes me want to ask Vogel again lol. and it's my thought, what i read on mk wikia and what i believe. i still think there're some plot holes in mk storyline, especially mk9. just my thought.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Do y'all think that the story will continue from mk4-deception? Will reptile become onaga? will shang be revived? will johny cage finally die again? will we see zombie liu? or regular liu? or will liu have been revealed to have survived the burning and through sorcery have become kah-liu? will raiden achieve elder god status?
or
Will mk10 be a prequel? Will the great kung lao finally be playable? will shang tsung's betrayal of earthrealm be explained? will other earthrealm fighters be introduced? will human kabal (no enhancements) be in the black dragon? will motaro have a role in the game? will king jared still be alive? will he be playable?

will the red dragon be in this game (they were in deception, but i cant remember their role)?
will the chaosrealm have a role (i want to see havik)?

what do y'all thing? what would you like to see? i'd like to see a full scale conversation on this?
Firstly, we now OFFICIALLY know that the next MK game along with the new MK film will introduce a new character. My gut tells me he's going to be the next protagonist of the series from now on (supposing he's going to be accepted by the fans). This character is going to be this "super-market employee that one day realizes he has got magic powers" etc as Kevin Tancharoen unveiled a few months ago. During MK's panel at Comic Con, Boon, Tancharoen and Sloane all three confirmed that.
As for our conversation and imagination goes, the things that I got or I can hold from MK9's story mode is that everyone is dead BUT : Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Mileena, Cage, Sonya, Raiden, Cyrax, Sektor, Kenshi, Skarlet, Kano, Baraka, Quan Chi, Sheeva Goro and Kintaro.
From the others that were "MIA" or even "KIA", I think that we can save Liu Kang (having a Kabal-like burn), Cyber Sub-Zero (Sindel's kick wasn't such a disaster, he can be fixed-he's a robot!), Smoke (I like the scenario that Sektor and the Lin Kuei can collect his body and turn him into a cuborg etc...etc...) and Noob Saibot (Nightwolf kicked him in the "Soulnado" which doesn't necessarily mean that he's dead or anything). So there you have it...
I'd love to see whatever Boon's and Vogel's mind can come up but I'm really - really cautious as to whatever this super-market employee can bring to the table... :/

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Firstly, we now OFFICIALLY know that the next MK game along with the new MK film will introduce a new character. My gut tells me he's going to be the next protagonist of the series from now on (supposing he's going to be accepted by the fans). This character is going to be this "super-market employee that one day realizes he has got magic powers" etc as Kevin Tancharoen unveiled a few months ago. During MK's panel at Comic Con, Boon, Tancharoen and Sloane all three confirmed that.
As for our conversation and imagination goes, the things that I got or I can hold from MK9's story mode is that everyone is dead BUT : Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Rain, Mileena, Cage, Sonya, Raiden, Cyrax, Sektor, Kenshi, Skarlet, Kano, Baraka, Quan Chi, Sheeva Goro and Kintaro.
From the others that were "MIA" or even "KIA", I think that we can save Liu Kang (having a Kabal-like burn), Cyber Sub-Zero (Sindel's kick wasn't such a disaster, he can be fixed-he's a robot!), Smoke (I like the scenario that Sektor and the Lin Kuei can collect his body and turn him into a cuborg etc...etc...) and Noob Saibot (Nightwolf kicked him in the "Soulnado" which doesn't necessarily mean that he's dead or anything). So there you have it...
I'd love to see whatever Boon's and Vogel's mind can come up but I'm really - really cautious as to whatever this super-market employee can bring to the table... :/
Or this new super duper character could be Zebron.
"super-market employee that one day realizes he has got magic powers" Could just as easily be Mokap.
Old timeline, Scorpion was kicked into Soulnado and was turned into Champion of the Elder Gods.... New timeline, perhaps it might happen to Noob Saibot?
KT also said that this new character ( that will be both in MK10 and in the Movie ) will be DLC for MK10, he said it in the Machinima 24 hour stream. So I do not think that this character will be the new protagonist.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Please not any of these Elder Gods champion bullshit with crap characters like Scorpion or Noob. Elder Gods is what makes MK story dumb. They do nothing and are just flying heads who talk shit
The Elder Gods where created by The One Being to maintain balance within the realms. Raiden became an Elder God but fell because of his love of protecting Earthrealm, at the cost of genocide ( Even though Reptile's realm of Zatanna merged with Outworld due to losing 10 MK Tournaments ( Made by the Elder Gods ) before that Raiden committed genocide on the Raptors of Earthrealm to stop Shinnok the first time ). Shinnok was an Elder God that was banished to The Netherrealm by The Elder Gods because of his greed and lust for power, which might be The One Being manipulating through Shinnok to merge the Realms. Without The Elder Gods, there would be No Mortal Kombat Tournament. They are more than flying heads, they are also Dragons, not sure if Orin and Caro were Elder Gods or not.
ELDER GOD ELDER GOD ELDER GOD. Yes, I went there.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
Good that I see something about MK now instead of IGAU all the time loll.
All I do is waiting on MK10 because IGAU is not my shitt.

Anyway what I hope is that there will come a Cyber Smoke ( different fight style than human Smoke )
I hope/think they will bring the story line from MK4 , MKDA and Deception , because MK9 its storyline is based on MK1 , 2 and 3.

But if they do a Deception story line... I wonder how that part will go. I mean maybe Shujinko as main person ? Traveling through the realms and stuff.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
The Elder Gods where created by The One Being to maintain balance within the realms. Raiden became an Elder God but fell because of his love of protecting Earthrealm, at the cost of genocide ( Even though Reptile's realm of Zatanna merged with Outworld due to losing 10 MK Tournaments ( Made by the Elder Gods ) before that Raiden committed genocide on the Raptors of Earthrealm to stop Shinnok the first time ). Shinnok was an Elder God that was banished to The Netherrealm by The Elder Gods because of his greed and lust for power, which might be The One Being manipulating through Shinnok to merge the Realms. Without The Elder Gods, there would be No Mortal Kombat Tournament. They are more than flying heads, they are also Dragons, not sure if Orin and Caro were Elder Gods or not.
ELDER GOD ELDER GOD ELDER GOD. Yes, I went there.
Why do you say this to me when I already know it ? Still doesn't change the fact they're useless flying talking shit blue heads.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Ok, Elder Gods are a large part of the plot... Even in theory... It would be nice to see either of them take human-like form and be seen during mk10's story mode or sth like that... Or even the protectors of elements like MK Mythologies:Sub-Zero... It would be cool to see stuff you only hear/read about since the 90's take form and be actually contributing to the story...

Since Kevin Tancharoen is taking Kang to another level, I can see the same thing happening to the MK game world as well. Although I really cannot tell whether NRS will try the MK4/MK Deadly Alliance formula, the Deception/Armageddon one or a completely new direction. . .
If it is that they will create a prequel like some people talked about above, I wouldn't hate it but it would be weird! The Great Kung Lao... early Lin Kuei/Shirai Ryu warriors before Hanzo Hasashi's and Bi Han's time in the clans, it would definitely be a fresh idea and add depth to the MK universe.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Ok, Elder Gods are a large part of the plot... Even in theory... It would be nice to see either of them take human-like form and be seen during mk10's story mode or sth like that... Or even the protectors of elements like MK Mythologies:Sub-Zero... It would be cool to see stuff you only hear/read about since the 90's take form and be actually contributing to the story...

Since Kevin Tancharoen is taking Kang to another level, I can see the same thing happening to the MK game world as well. Although I really cannot tell whether NRS will try the MK4/MK Deadly Alliance formula, the Deception/Armageddon one or a completely new direction. . .
If it is that they will create a prequel like some people talked about above, I wouldn't hate it but it would be weird! The Great Kung Lao... early Lin Kuei/Shirai Ryu warriors before Hanzo Hasashi's and Bi Han's time in the clans, it would definitely be a fresh idea and add depth to the MK universe.
I really liked 3d MK atmosphere. Especially in Deception. Dat Konquest mode is GAWDLIKE. Didn't feel the same way about Armageddon's one, doe.

Minh Giang

CSub is a cyborg, not a robot, he's dead means he's dead.

Desperado

-Mexican Online Warrior-
I have this weird feeling that Mk9 was a remake of MK, MK2 and MK3 , after the end of Mk9 i think is gona be a remake of Mk4

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
The title of Sub-Zero is a code name given to generations of Cryomancers, who originally came from Outworld and settled onto Earthrealm. In the Original timeline, their father was Sub 4th, Bi Han was Sub 5th and Kwai Liang was Sub 6th.

They had a Sister who is NOT Frost.

But yes, there can be a Human Sub-Zero 7th in MK10. Please NOT Hydro Because Hydro is from the Non Canon Malibu Comics, which Kevin Tancharoen paid Homage to in MK Legacy. What I would like to happen is Noob Saibot emerges from the Soulnado and becomes Bi-Han again. CSZ can stay a cyborg so that Kwai Liang fans can cry.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
The title of Sub-Zero is a code name given to generations of Cryomancers, who originally came from Outworld and settled onto Earthrealm. In the Original timeline, their father was Sub 4th, Bi Han was Sub 5th and Kwai Liang was Sub 6th.

But yes, there can be a Human Sub-Zero 7th in MK10. Please NOT Hydro Because Hydro is from the Non Canon Malibu Comics, which Kevin Tancharoen paid Homage to in MK Legacy. What I would like to happen is Noob Saibot emerges from the Soulnado and becomes Bi-Han again. CSZ can stay a cyborg so that Kwai Liang fans can cry.
Whatever we say in this conversation and whatever we can think and imagine MK 10's story mode is going to be, reappearing characters etc, John Vogel, Ed Boon and CO will resurrect whomever they choose because that's what they do. :( I'm pretty sure the 90's trend will continue in 2014...

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Whatever we say in this conversation and whatever we can think and imagine MK 10's story mode is going to be, reappearing characters etc, John Vogel, Ed Boon and CO will resurrect whomever they choose because that's what they do. :( I'm pretty sure the 90's trend will continue in 2014...
When a character dies, and comes back, in most stories, they usually come back to drive the story arc. Look at Black Lanterns.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i think they will make a continue of MK9 with shinnok like boss, quan chi under him, and new created character will be added on the raiden side

Minh Giang

I think Bi-Han's soul will be cleansed and he'll be SZ again, maybe he will become Champion of the Elder God like MKD Scorp. That also can help Scorp to know the truth of his clan, Quan Chi will be fucked by Scorp again :joker:.