What's new

MK10's Story

Do y'all think that the story will continue from mk4-deception? Will reptile become onaga? will shang be revived? will johny cage finally die again? will we see zombie liu? or regular liu? or will liu have been revealed to have survived the burning and through sorcery have become kah-liu? will raiden achieve elder god status?
or
Will mk10 be a prequel? Will the great kung lao finally be playable? will shang tsung's betrayal of earthrealm be explained? will other earthrealm fighters be introduced? will human kabal (no enhancements) be in the black dragon? will motaro have a role in the game? will king jared still be alive? will he be playable?

will the red dragon be in this game (they were in deception, but i cant remember their role)?
will the chaosrealm have a role (i want to see havik)?

what do y'all thing? what would you like to see? i'd like to see a full scale conversation on this?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
omg omg omg my body was made for this topic

I've speculated with a bunch of others about the MK10 story for a long time and we kinda thought it would be about Raiden, Sonya, and Cage working together with a few new characters to go rescue the souls of the MK characters killed while defending Earthrealm from Shinnok's wrath. We sorta think it will only really involve MK4 and a bit of MKDA.

I'd like to see Kai make a return and attack Raiden for killing Liu Kang late in the story. The Red Dragon had a place in MKDA as well, I think they may become a decently sized player in the war.

I don't think we'll get far enough for Reptile to become Onaga, but I think Zombie Liu and Spirit Liu may be a thing. UGH, there's so much to post

Where'd they say that? When I played Deception it just showed Onaga appearing in the Nexus.
the first clues, i believe, were in mk4's reptile ending. boon explained it all in an interview.

omg omg omg my body was made for this topic

I've speculated with a bunch of others about the MK10 story for a long time and we kinda thought it would be about Raiden, Sonya, and Cage working together with a few new characters to go rescue the souls of the MK characters killed while defending Earthrealm from Shinnok's wrath. We sorta think it will only really involve MK4 and a bit of MKDA.

I'd like to see Kai make a return and attack Raiden for killing Liu Kang late in the story. The Red Dragon had a place in MKDA as well, I think they may become a decently sized player in the war.

I don't think we'll get far enough for Reptile to become Onaga, but I think Zombie Liu and Spirit Liu may be a thing. UGH, there's so much to post
i'd like to see them have to fight "dark" versions of the good guys.
idk who kai is. i only played 1-3, deception, and mk9 id be cool with a full scale war :D. who would be on shinnok's side?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Daniel Name Kai appeared in MK4, which honestly, isn't all that important in MK's overall storyline. It was important in some places, but eh... I'd like to see Dark Alts for all the characters, too! and I think the heroes that have been turned evil, along with the Red Dragon and Quan Chi would be on Shinnok's side. Meanwhile there'd be the heroes of Light (Raiden, Sonya, Cage, and Tanya (for a moment :D)) and what's left of Shao Khan's empire all fighting for control of the realms.

Daniel Name Kai appeared in MK4, which honestly, isn't all that important in MK's overall storyline. It was important in some places, but eh... I'd like to see Dark Alts for all the characters, too! and I think the heroes that have been turned evil, along with the Red Dragon and Quan Chi would be on Shinnok's side. Meanwhile there'd be the heroes of Light (Raiden, Sonya, Cage, and Tanya (for a moment :D)) and what's left of Shao Khan's empire all fighting for control of the realms.
by dark versions i mean you remember the 3rd to last fight where you have to fight dark jax, kung lao, etc?

DragonPick do you think kahn's forces will be united? i could see a war between the tarkatans and the shokan happening. and what about rain? will he get hired by the red or black dragon?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Outside of Ermac, I think Khan's forces will reunite under Sektor (unless he leaves to re strengthen the Lin Kuei for the war) Mileena maybe. I doubt the Tarkatan could ever face up to the Shokan, tbh and Rain is a coward who would probably join with who ever is strongest at the time to betray them. Probably Shinnok's group, but Shao Khan's is a possibility

Outside of Ermac, I think Khan's forces will reunite under Sektor (unless he leaves to re strengthen the Lin Kuei for the war) Mileena maybe. I doubt the Tarkatan could ever face up to the Shokan, tbh and Rain is a coward who would probably join with who ever is strongest at the time to betray them. Probably Shinnok's group, but Shao Khan's is a possibility
Idk, i think mk9 sektor ending might be the case and then lin kuei will be hired by someone but that is to be determined. the one thing is that raiden has never liked the lin kuei. oh do you think frost will challenge sektor for dominance of the lin kuei?
Rain's backstory says he was part of the edenian resistance, but shao kahn agreed to pay him, so he left.

London Lust, i wouldnt mind that. then they could team with the chaosrealm because mileena's insane, lol. i could see havik and mileena teaming up

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I say that Sektor might leave because he's kind of a greedy asshole, heh. He might want to strengthen his entire clan to take it all, but he may also stay. Completely unknown. I think Frost would probably not get a chance to challenge Sektor like she did for Sub-zero, because getting into the Lin Kuei is way different when Sub-zero ran it. If she does somehow, she'd probably get killed, Sektor doesn't know what mercy means.

Yeah, I think Rain may go with Shao's dying forces honestly, but eh goes with whatever is strongest. May be Shinnok still.

yeah it's sorta strange that both sub zeros are dead (by the way, why in the **** is kui liang CYBER when raiden has to fight in hell vs the dark earthrealm warriors?), smoke is dead, who's controlling sektor and cyrax? if sektor can revolt against his father why cant cyrax? he didnt want to be a cyber... those are my issues with the lin kuei they're in a really shaky place
what if rain goes back to edenia? that would be cool plotline. like if he tries to go back the forces deny it (who would be their leader? kitana and jade are dead), and he has to prove himself by bringing them someone's head

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Sektor was voluntarily placed into the Cyber initiative, he was allowed to keep some free will, unlike Cyrax. However, Sektor just went insane. The Lin Kuei is just really bad at robots.

RiverHB

Noob
I like the prequel idea. The original Kung Lao, Goro, Shang Tsung, Raiden, and a lot of new character ideas. Perhaps play out the origins of the original tournament? I would miss some favorite characters but it would be very interesting. Just bringing back all of the MK9 characters wouldn't be good enough. I'd still buy it regardless, but let's see something creative.

I like the prequel idea. The original Kung Lao, Goro, Shang Tsung, Raiden, and a lot of new character ideas. Perhaps play out the origins of the original tournament? I would miss some favorite characters but it would be very interesting. Just bringing back all of the MK9 characters wouldn't be good enough. I'd still buy it regardless, but let's see something creative.
what if shang tsung were on earthreal's side until midway through the tourny and decided to benedict arnold. i know his origin is human. and then they could use a female of reptile's species. :D
oh and as a crowd pleaser fujin could have a part too.

AngelMK

The Dragon
I would actually like to see that Prequel Idea for a Shaolin monks type of game staring The Great Kung Lao. For Mk 10 I imagine that Kai would join Raiden, Blade, and Cage after Shinnok starts his invasion. With them also trying to restore the ones that died. Imagine the ending fight Raiden and Kai vs Shinnok and Evil Liu Kang

I would actually like to see that Prequel Idea for a Shaolin monks type of game staring The Great Kung Lao. For Mk 10 I imagine that Kai would join Raiden, Blade, and Cage after Shinnok starts his invasion. With them also trying to restore the ones that died. Imagine the ending fight Raiden and Kai vs Shinnok and Evil Liu Kang
by shaolin monks type you mean like 3d action/adventure?

i dont think that would be a good idea for an actual MK10. maybe a spinoff if they called it "Mortal Kombat Origins" or something, but idk. i personally dont like the action adventure idea. i'd have to be sold on it.

AngelMK

The Dragon
i dont think that would be a good idea for an actual MK10. maybe a spinoff if they called it "Mortal Kombat Origins" or something, but idk. i personally dont like the action adventure idea. i'd have to be sold on it.
Sorry If I was kinda unclear. Thats what I ment as a Spinoff it would be cool :)