What's new

MK10: Long Term Support For Better or Worse

Will u support MK10 to the fullest once released?

• Yes! For many years to come!

Votes: 110 83.3%
  • If I'm not feeling it, I'll drop it like a bad habit!

Votes: 22 16.7%

• Total voters

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Lets just hope the make it with a new engine. I want to see KI/SCV level online play, and I want less randomness.

I kinda liked that thread where people thought up traits for MK characters.
Of all the stuff, other than MB F or B 3, I always thought trait would be something interesting for MK to take from Injustice.

But for the most part Boon claims that they only make another game if it can do something new, not just copy their last work.
Not having the input bug would be something new.

Having good netcode would be something new.

I'd pay full price for another MK9 if they just fixed those two things.

Still disgusted that NRS could have extended MK9's life by years with just one more good patch and just sat there and let it go instead.

MK will never have back to block, btw. If MK10 has back to block, I will saw my own balls off with a rusty spoon live on stream. Possibly at Evo.

Not just those two...its the teleport attack mechanics that make going to back to block suicide.
Not that I'm for back to block in MK, but Injustice solved that issue with the whole ducking = blocking thing.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Hell yeah ill play it. Shit i only played MK because i love the franchise. I just got lucky having the right mentors to help me get good and teach me the fundamentals of MK. im not even good at fighters lol

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I can't wait for mk10. I also want an injustice 2 though. Tom Brady said something that has stuck with me and that's about keeping legacy normals. Most Mk games change complely with every new edition. That's a shame. Keep what worked in mk9. Add the universal good stuff of injustice . you should never have some characters with armour and some without. Give my mileena armour! Nrs 4 life!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
This is a pretty stupid question.
If you like MK10 play it if not move on.
why would anyone support a game that they don't enjoy?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I can't wait for mk10. I also want an injustice 2 though. Tom Brady said something that has stuck with me and that's about keeping legacy normals. Most Mk games change complely with every new edition. That's a shame. Keep what worked in mk9. Add the universal good stuff of injustice . you should never have some characters with armour and some without. Give my mileena armour! Nrs 4 life!
what if the normals a character had were all shitty?

PunkMafia83

Good question. The normals can look the same, but give the normal different properties. Maybe change it to a mid like they did with sinestro's bk 1 3 as and example. That way the game feels same because you are seeing the same animations. Ryus crouching medium kick has the same purpose since Sf 2 and as a ryu p!ayer, I get it.

Tekken does this all the time. They can just buff the character's normals in the next iteration of the game (faster start up/ plus on block/ plus on hit/ longer range/ shorter recovery/removing gaps in strings/ etc).

Technically speaking, its just balancing the game in the next iteration, although tekken usually gives the previous characters a couple of new moves/strings to keep it fresh (although some can be useless at times).

Only issue is having legacy normals can give an upper hand to previous players of the game, and create a skill curve that makes the game much more difficult to get into as time progresses (ex. Tekken). However, I don't feel mk10 would suffer from this, considering tekken has built of years of the same movesets and balanced them while mk has never done this.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Seriously?! "u" and "ur" is now acceptable syntax for a front-page article on TYM? Is this a professional Web site or some hotch potch conglomeration of tweets and message board posts from "leaders" of the community. Is this the face we want to show to the rest of the fighting gaming community?!

@STORMS, @AK/RM GamerBlake , where is the professionalism? Who edits and proof reads the front page news articles?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Seriously?! "u" and "ur" is now acceptable syntax for a front-page article on TYM? Is this a professional Web site or some hotch potch conglomeration of tweets and message board posts from "leaders" of the community. Is this the face we want to show to the rest of the fighting gaming community?!

@STORMS, @AK/RM GamerBlake , where is the professionalism? Who edits and proof reads the front page news articles?
At ease!

STORMS promoted this, but usually he edits whatever articles he front-pages so they have a neater look. I guess he forgot to do so this time around, but I fixed that for him.

K1NGZAPPA

Necromancer
I wish MK9 lasted at least another good year in the tournament scene. I didn't finally start playing MK9 seriously until last year's Civil War and by that time, it had lost a lot of steam.

Nevertheless, I plan on supporting MK10 to the fullest with live streams, YouTube coverage, and tournament attendance as much as I can. I'm looking forward to it.

cyke_out

Noob
I will always support good well made games. If a game is ass, then no amount of fanboyness is going to keep me playing it. I desperately want MK10 to be amazing, and I'll buy it day one and see for myself, but if I'm not feeling it, then I have no reason to stick around. MK10 wouldn't be the first game or franchise series for me to drop.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
i want less crybabies, and yes ill always support mk! even though i cant go to tournaments because im on the other side of the world, we're bringing mk back here in the ph!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Yep, I know it. Not proud. All I can say for myself is that it was a busy day at work (my actual job) for me.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

real life Kenshi of the MK community.
As quite a few people said, I also want MK10 to build upon the established mechanics introduced in MK9. I wish I could've entered the scene much sooner, so I could've had a chance to level up even more. But now when MK10 gets announced, I won't be all alone in the hype and anticipation of a new MK coming out and leveling up with other fellow MK players.

PunkMafia83

Good question. The normals can look the same, but give the normal different properties. Maybe change it to a mid like they did with sinestro's bk 1 3 as and example. That way the game feels same because you are seeing the same animations. Ryus crouching medium kick has the same purpose since Sf 2 and as a ryu p!ayer, I get it.
Another on this. Some normal strings in Mk were awesome. Fitted the characters so well. Sub zeros 2 2 2. Kitanas f2 1. They all made sense

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Yep, I know it. Not proud. All I can say for myself is that it was a busy day at work (my actual job) for me.
I understand. No problem at all, Blake was on it so it's all good. Just so you know, I appreciate the hard work you guys do in your free time very much! Keep it up! TYM is no doubt the best MK Website on the Internets.

coolwhip

Noob
don't ever say "back to block in mk", "stage transition in mk" or "interactables in mk", people will shit on your opinion and tell you what MK is. :DOGE
And they'd be right (with the exception of stage transition since that originated in the MK arcade games).