What's new

MK10 Baraka Changes

NKZero

Noob
neither those armors are on par with Skarlet, she has the best armor in the game, longest duration, and yet delayable to the last possible frame to react agasint delayed armor on reaction.

When i play Skarlet i don't give a fuck if the opponent will answer my armor by delaying his, i just delay my slash to extend the armor duraction and blow them up for trying to outsmart my armor, not even Kabal's flash "Barry" is a thing against it LOL.
:eek:. Kabal's flash parry has a name now? ;)

I agree with the majority on here who said Baraka needs faster normals. That's his biggest flaw, plus he could do with better mobility. Make EX spin launch and reduce the pushback of blade charge on hit. I know he isn't a projectile character but perhaps if blade spark was as bad frame data wise as is but maybe make it hit mid. Every little helps!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
What if Baraka had a tele blade charge where instead of going directly, it comes from behind. If it had pushback that would probably be too strong so lets say it rolls for full punish on block. I can imagine that would fix some problems against zoners, specially if it has good startup. Never really play him though so pardon me if its crazy. What do you guys think ?

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Faster normals and a better projectile that's all I would have changed. As I said long ago, not a better projectile in the sense of turning him into a zoner, but something along the lines of Quan Chi's skull. It's not great but it's certainly not bad and had it's uses. Baraka's main strength/weakness IMO was his 2,2,1+2 combo opener, +8 on block, 6% chip, but 24 fucking frames of startup. Removing the ability to cancel F4 into specials was a big mistake as well, Not a single one of his specials grant a combo other than in the corner anyway so what was the point?. Closest thing is d4 blade charge after chop chop which had tricky timing. I think they should of just made a second chop chop move drop a combo. That would of effectively gotten rid of his infinite "which wasn't that good in the first place" and would of giving him a few more options with combos and resets. If his chop chop still auto corrected that would of helped against teleporters. Back+3,1,F1 could of been 0 on block as well.

I DIGRESS, faster normals would of made him more solid.

callMEcrazy

Yes, we think that the game that established NRS as an EVO-viable fighting game developer will play like it's predecessor. Your point?
I certainly hope you're right. But nevertheless the characters themselves will most definitely be different. Different normals, specials, x-rays(if they stay), strings, etc.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What if Baraka had a tele blade charge where instead of going directly, it comes from behind. If it had pushback that would probably be too strong so lets say it rolls for full punish on block. I can imagine that would fix some problems against zoners, specially if it has good startup. Never really play him though so pardon me if its crazy. What do you guys think ?
Wouldnt make any sense from a character stand point, and probably wouldnt help him much either.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Yes, we think that the game that established NRS as an EVO-viable fighting game developer will play like it's predecessor. Your point?
Look at every previous Mk. Completely different from each other with different mechanics. Look at mk9. Yes it was a tournie game, but it had some very broken stuff in it, look at injustice, granted its a different game but overall its fun and is more tournie viable then Mk ever was. That's a fact.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Look at every previous Mk. Completely different from each other with different mechanics. Look at mk9. Yes it was a tournie game, but it had some very broken stuff in it, look at injustice, granted its a different game but overall its fun and is more tournie viable then Mk ever was. That's a fact.
Still debatable. I would not travel for Injustice...at all. Not condemning anyone that does, but I feel MK had more of a skill factor than Injustice ever did.

Before everyone starts blowing me up, I am not dissing injustice. These are two seperate games in almost every way except the devs and should be treated as such. It's just a personal taste imo.

LOOOOOOOL, YOU MADE MY DAY

but MK had more scenes around the word than injustice, two separates games, but mk was more fun, injustice only had a very small scene in USA, MK UK, RD, ETC, CANADA,

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Still debatable. I would not travel for Injustice...at all. Not condemning anyone that does, but I feel MK had more of a skill factor than Injustice ever did.

Before everyone starts blowing me up, I am not dissing injustice. These are two seperate games in almost every way except the devs and should be treated as such. It's just a personal taste imo.
Yeah cyrax and smoke resets tight game engine. Fighting kabal. Glad I didn't bother 2 much the game at a hard core level. That being said, injustice he somevdumb thibfs . I made my point anyways. Please continue to talk about a non existent game everyone

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
This isn't a MK vs Injustice thread...save that shit for the birds.

One thing that is consistent in the MK series is move sets. Which is what most people are talking about in this thread. Baraka has had "chop chop" as long as I can remember. The question is, what can NRS do to make Baraka more viable with what he has or can add. This isn't a game vs. game debate, but if it was...lol.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Yeah cyrax and smoke resets tight game engine. Fighting kabal. Glad I didn't bother 2 much the game at a hard core level. That being said, injustice he somevdumb thibfs . I made my point anyways. Please continue to talk about a non existent game everyone
I'm gonna cave for a second. Both games have their problems. MK9 had Kabal, IGAU has MMH. Lets not pretend that some of the combos in Injustice don't cause too much damage. If Injustice is such a more qualified tournament game then why aren't more people playing it? After MK's first year there were more entrants at tournaments than Injustice has now. That's a fact.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

I strongly regret not attending a major for MK9, but I feel like @Tetra Spirit shown a lot of people what Baraka was capable of. If MK9 is as good as MK10(hopefully better) I plan to get off my ass and actually go out to a tournament that lines up with my school schedule. With that said, I couldn't bring myself to even think about attending a IGAU tournie. Sure, it is fun to watch at times, but I feel like there are too many bullocks in the game.

callMEcrazy

Wouldnt make any sense from a character stand point, and probably wouldnt help him much either.
Like half the characters have tele in MK9, so I'm not sure its a very character specific trait. Sindel and Nightwolf look like characters that should have tele but they don't, Freddy looks like he shouldn't have one but he does. Character design of course is an art, but I only suggested it because MK9 played pretty fast and lose with teles.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I didn't play mk9 very seriously until the end but from my scrub perspective I agree with most of this, he was just slow. Aesthetically, I'd like more blades. Can never have too many blade animations :)