What's new

MK10 Baraka Changes

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
While I dabbled with various characters in MK9, I always came back to Baraka. I simply "clicked" with that character. With that said, I would like to imagine our good ol' pale will be more viable in the future. The lack of legitimate armor and a mediocre projectile prevented him from moving up the tier list. I would like to see his blade charge, d4, and a 50/50 such as f2 and b3(if I remember correctly) return. I'm having difficulties deciding what new additions could be added to make him more viable, so please, share your opinions on what would make him a better character than what we had the last time.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Standing 2 not being a 24 frame normal.
LOL. I didn't even think of that. How do you feel about his anti airs? Sure you could just spin, but it knocked your opponent pretty far away and you couldn't combo off of it. I always used f44 into blade charge or f44 x f4 into a generic reset. I can't remember many people talking about this.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
LOL. I didn't even think of that. How do you feel about his anti airs? Sure you could just spin, but it knocked your opponent pretty far away and you couldn't combo off of it. I always used f44 into blade charge or f44 x f4 into a generic reset. I can't remember many people talking about this.
I always found Chop Chop to be a pretty good anti air.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He just needed faster normals for the 50/50. He shouldnt have a good projectile, thats not his style. If he had just a few less frames on f2 and b3, and MAYBE a meterless 50/50(or being able to combo after EX slices) then he should be fine.

It would also depend on the game system changes.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
With all due respect, you're way off on what Baraka's problems were in MK9. Those things can be stressed for Cage and most say he's a top 10 character.

For what my opinion's worth, just don't confine him to moon gravity normals. That's the only thing I can really suggest since for all we know, Boon may want to disregard the MK9 meta completely in MK10 with the emergence of UE4 and next gen hardware.

Zoidberg747

F44F4 was his basic anti air with spin mainly dealing with crossovers

While I dabbled with various characters in MK9, I always came back to Baraka. I simply "clicked" with that character. With that said, I would like to imagine our good ol' pale will be more viable in the future. The lack of legitimate armor and a mediocre projectile prevented him from moving up the tier list. I would like to see his blade charge, d4, and a 50/50 such as f2 and b3(if I remember correctly) return. I'm having difficulties deciding what new additions could be added to make him more viable, so please, share your opinions on what would make him a better character than what we had the last time.
I dont really get what you mean by lack of legitimate armor, EX Blade Charge could blow through just about anything.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
F44F4 was his basic anti air with spin mainly dealing with crossovers

I dont really get what you mean by lack of legitimate armor, EX Blade Charge could blow through just about anything.
You should try doing that against Sonya's cartwheel. Also, I'm aware of his anti airs lol. I've played Baraka a very long time ;)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
With all due respect, you're way off on what Baraka's problems were in MK9. Those things can be stressed for Cage and most say he's a top 10 character.

For what my opinion's worth, just don't confine him to moon gravity normals. That's the only thing I can really suggest since for all we know, Boon may want to disregard the MK9 meta completely in MK10 with the emergence of UE4 and next gen hardware.
I take it you were a devoted Baraka main as well and knew his ins and outs? Please tell me all about his problems. His normals were ass, but he had some pretty horrid matchups.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks

Your not legitmately saying Cage has slow normals are you. Thats ridiculous.

Barakas biggest fault i think WAS his slow normals, as well as his difficulty with zoners. If blade charge was a HKD that left your opponent right in front of him that would be useful and worth using a bar for. As it stands like 11% one bar to push your opponent away is not a good strategy.

In MK10 I hope they incorporate his blades more and give him some more mobility, Tarkatans are quick fuckers and a dash oor jump evade move would help him out a lot. Hes my favorite MK character so I will play him regardless of his tier status

STRYKIE

Barakas biggest fault i think WAS his slow normals, as well as his difficulty with zoners. If blade charge was a HKD that left your opponent right in front of him that would be useful and worth using a bar for. As it stands like 11% one bar to push your opponent away is not a good strategy.

In MK10 I hope they incorporate his blades more and give him some more mobility, Tarkatans are quick fuckers and a dash oor jump evade move would help him out a lot. Hes my favorite MK character so I will play him regardless of his tier status
Fuck no lol. I meant the bit about having mediocre armor/projectiles.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

Ding ding ding! Strong zoning characters were a huge problems for me. I could either take my time by dashing in and eating chip as they ran away, or I could ex blade charge, take damage myself and knock them further away. I hope the pushback isn't as significant on blade charge in MK10.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Fuck no lol. I meant the bit about having mediocre armor/projectiles.
His armor is not on par with Sonya, Kabal, Jax, Kenshi, even Kung Lao's tele. You could not start a combo off of it, nor would it beat out most armor moves. I don't know what you're talking about.

Zoidberg747

His armor is not on par with Sonya, Kabal, Jax, Kenshi, even Kung Lao's tele. You could not start a combo off of it, nor would it beat out most armor moves. I don't know what you're talking about.
EX Blade charge is meant to knock your opponent to the corner, where he dominates. It was good for what it was, and for the record, EX Blade charge is MUCH better than Jaxs dash punch that you could just duck IIRC.

Obviously it wasnt as good as the other ones but he was low tier after all. I like dink's idea about giving EX blade charge a hard knockdown right in front of you.

STRYKIE

His armor is not on par with Sonya, Kabal, Jax, Kenshi, even Kung Lao's tele. You could not start a combo off of it, norwould it beat out most armor moves. I don't know what you're talking about.
Neither could Cage. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's plenty of characters with sub-standard armor that are still very viable. Hell, Rain has ridiculous armor and it's still tough to get the job done with him. It doesn't make or break a character.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
EX Blade charge is meant to knock your opponent to the corner, where he dominates. It was good for what it was, and for the record, EX Blade charge is MUCH better than Jaxs dash punch that you could just duck IIRC.

Obviously it wasnt as good as the other ones but he was low tier after all. I like dink's idea about giving EX blade charge a hard knockdown right in front of you.
I was referring to Jax's overhead. I understand that his blade charge was meant to push your opponent towards the corner, but at times it made it worse against good zoning characters. I agree with Dink's post as well.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Neither could Cage. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's plenty of characters with sub-standard armor that are still very viable. Hell, Rain has ridiculous armor and it's still tough to get the job done with him. It doesn't make or break a character.
I can agree with that, but proper armor could of helped at times. I feel like NRS is going to implement a "every character has armor" thing like IGAU has.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
things i hope stay about baraka from mk9:
d4, spin, chop chop, ex blade charge armour :p, u4, frametrap city, standing resets, 50/50s. F44 DOOM KICKS MUST STAY!!!

i love to see ex spin give a combo that be cool.
or even a whole new special move, maybe even return of the scrape kick just for those low fireballs lol

also @EndofGameBoss im just going to move this thread over tothe MK10 discussion subforum

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I personally always hated fighting a good Baraka. He could use some faster normals, but overall, he was probably one of the more balanced MK9 characters. IMO, anyway.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
neither those armors are on par with Skarlet, she has the best armor in the game, longest duration, and yet delayable to the last possible frame to react agasint delayed armor on reaction.

When i play Skarlet i don't give a fuck if the opponent will answer my armor by delaying his, i just delay my slash to extend the armor duraction and blow them up for trying to outsmart my armor, not even Kabal's flash "Barry" is a thing against it LOL.