What's new

MK1 Story Spoilers Discussion

LeoMK29

Noob
When Liu Kang tells Mk11 Kitana that he is the same one of fought her in Shangs courtyard, weren’t those the Mk9 versions/revenants from MKX/MK11? Unless that also happened in their timeline I guess.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
ugh. i can't stand pandering unless ur actually going to go there. From what I saw ... we get Liu Kang and Kitana making a full on smooch/make out sesh with sound fx. Complete with Kitana showing an even bigger butt. I dunno...even aside from anything spoiled this game does not seem as progressive. Just some shipping a bit. Johnny and Kenshi I also got vibes. Either way, Quan Chi did sorta look sexy in this at the end. TBH ... I want all the men. still though ... Nothing beats sexy muscle daddy Mk11 Kano. Hopefully that is a skin for his Kameo!

DimGenn

Noob
When Liu Kang tells Mk11 Kitana that he is the same one of fought her in Shangs courtyard, weren’t those the Mk9 versions/revenants from MKX/MK11? Unless that also happened in their timeline I guess.
They are. They were pulled during the MK2 portion of MK9, right before Shao Kahn kills Kung Lao.

Shania Twain

Yes. that is the vibe i got also. But it seems from the flashback it shows him killing Kronika but not from Aftermath but from the OG story. it almost seemed like all of them may have won and became titans based on the arcade endings. i guess. whenever time travel and timelines are involved I think if done wrong can be a mess. I mean if they are crafting a new timeline they would have to be 4.5 billion years old. that just seems weird to me.

Some Sonya and Jade fans felt their favs were done dirty but that’s nothing compared to what they did to Hanzo.
Hanzo appears in Smoke’s ending as a child taken in as the first initiate of the Shirai Ryu. Harumi even appears as Kuai’s “close friend”.

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Where does the Kreate a Kharacter stuff come from? I haven't been able to find anything showing that.
No official words about that but the last story chapter and secret ending scene gave me that vibe. Havik comes with two characters, one of them is like Quan Chi fused with Sub-Zero and the other one is like Tanya fused with Kitana but Havik seemed like just Havik with a badass skin.

Shania Twain

Where does the Kreate a Kharacter stuff come from? I haven't been able to find anything showing that.
i think a lot of that is speculation for the last kameo and roster slot. i doubt it is full on kreate a character if exists but would be cool. like a customized all over the map look of a base character or kameo. or maybe something moves like variations that are not broken. it just seems to be a neat concept. it's the only really new thing that was shown. My guess is it would just be a kitana but looks like Jade but with Kano's eye with generic dialogue. Or maybe a gender swapped scorpion or a baraka that has a regular face. who knows?

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
ugh. i can't stand pandering unless ur actually going to go there. From what I saw ... we get Liu Kang and Kitana making a full on smooch/make out sesh with sound fx. Complete with Kitana showing an even bigger butt. I dunno...even aside from anything spoiled this game does not seem as progressive. Just some shipping a bit. Johnny and Kenshi I also got vibes. Either way, Quan Chi did sorta look sexy in this at the end. TBH ... I want all the men. still though ... Nothing beats sexy muscle daddy Mk11 Kano. Hopefully that is a skin for his Kameo!
Mk11 you guys had peak kano with him being shirtless and close up on his muscles.. Let us have this with some Kitana booty.

I really hope a chunk of the cool skins in story mode are unlockable. Dark Raiden, Hanzo Scorp (i know this is probably Invasions), the Mileena one etc. Suit Kenshi! Would suck if they were trapped in story mode.

Shania Twain

I think that's just for the DLC.
ugh. maybe. with that select screen design i don't know why they would do that. they could just shrink and add boxes like in MKXL or if it's this customer character thing theory then maybe you can add more than one. allegedly some leaks have the + sign and others it is blacked out. Regardless we will know in a few days. I guess at this point it is safe to presume 23 characters is base roster and not to expect more. Personally I think in this day and age not including DLC or pre-orders we should get a good 30 or very close to it. I was already not happy with MK11 and this Base roster number. But then again. IJ2 had a huge roster but that game got pretty stale for me quickly so I guess quality over quantity is still the best bet.

Shania Twain

This doesn't look that bad IMO. Just needs a mask.
View attachment 20955
He does need a mask. other than that it is a nice design. Altho he looks a lot like the Assasin's Creed guy sorta if you color him white. or if you make him all black he resemble's Noob Saibot. Regardless....we need the mask. like a red mask. I do think we will get all the ninjas in the classic og skins and hopefully ultimate at some point. I wouldn't mind the sexy MK3 skin either. Sorry. I will stop sounding so naughty. I don't get turned on by video games. regardless of how realistic they don't turn me on. i'm not that naughty. lol.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Some Sonya and Jade fans felt their favs were done dirty but that’s nothing compared to what they did to Hanzo.
Hanzo appears in Smoke’s ending as a child taken in as the first initiate of the Shirai Ryu. Harumi even appears as Kuai’s “close friend”.
Oh shit, are we gonna get a Will/Jada scenario?

Does joining the lin kuei automatically make you evil? Smoke was also one of them and we haven't seen him commit any violent acts (unless some are depicted in the comics but are those even canon?). Questioning the missions by the grandmaster is an act of defiance and nobody is in a position to do so. Leaving the clan as a whole as we know is a crime punishable by either death or a forced recapture, otherwise Sub and Smoke would've been let go when the cyber initiative began
No but there’s a difference.

Kuai Liang for reference left. As soon as something like the cyber initiative came along Kuai left along with Smoke and didn’t look back then came back and took over.

Bi-han was warned. That’s all I’m saying. He was warned and he had 2 years to either leave the lin kuei and change his ways or continue to murder and refuse to change. He didn’t leave and he met his death. I don’t really see the redemption arc there that Bi-Han fans seem to see. I really don’t think the writers do either because they keep writing him as evil. That’s just my opinion though.