What's new

MK1 Story Spoilers Discussion

ItsYaBoi

Noob
For the love of fucking Argus… God I just know it’s going to be a shit storm when Cyrax is revealed to be a woman now. I personally have nothing against it but I just know the internet is going to bitch about this. They just better do Cyrax justice.
The shit storm will be immense.

You just know that people who have never given a singular fuck about MK will latch onto it to use as ammo for their self invented ‘culture war’.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
The shit storm will be immense.

You just know that people who have never given a singular fuck about MK will latch onto it to use as ammo for their self invented ‘culture war’.
Yup. I can already hear the fake fans: “thEY mADe cYRaX a BLACK wOMaN noW” without actually knowing that Cyrax has been black since MK4. I can kinda see NRS’ reasoning for making Cyrax a woman since we need more women in the roster but… They should have just added any other female character. Sareena is requested so much these days, alongside Jade too. I hope we can get at least 10 females for the game but it seems very unlikely.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He didn’t have much time but I actually cared about Cyrax’s story more than characters like Jade or Cassie / Kombat kids who had way more screen time.

In MK9 with what little time he had we find out he cares about his fellow Lin Kuei more than his peers like Sektor when he is upset after Bi Han dies. However, he’s open to redirection from Raiden and spares Johnny’s life in the next tournament match because he recognized Bi Han was mistaken for killing earth-realm warriors. He, Kuai Liang, and Smoke are the only Lin Kuei who don’t blindly follow orders and he doesn’t want to end up like Bi Han, who even without being a Cyborg died a mindless killing machine. He goes against the cyber initiative and turns on Sektor who is the Grandmaster’s son, but unfortunately he gets caught and forcibly turned into a cyborg. Kuai Liang is pretty upset to see what happened to him, but Cyrax isn’t as lucky as Kuai Liang to be returned to his human form. Kuai Liang in the non-canon comics frees Cyrax who then self destructs to help him defeat the cyborgs. The comics are non-canon but I can see this part fitting in with the timeline since Kuai Liang still has Sektor’s head in MKX and he beheads him in the comics.

Yes it’s not a lot, but Cyrax has more going on than some who get way more time. Now, none of the stuff I mentioned is tied directly to being male, female Cyrax could display all of those traits. I still think it is a pointless change though and you’re not sexist if you’re a Cyrax fan and you hate it. I’d hate it if Sub were made a girl, why? Because he’s my favorite character and I’m used to him as a man, doesn’t need to be more complicated.