What's new

MK1 Patch Notes and Balance Adjustments - March 6, 2024

Gutted. The laziest form of balancing. Let's just keep nerfing the top tier and watering down the game instead of balancing the lower tier characters and kameos which would actually change the game in a meaningful way. Nerfing these kameos also indirectly nerf the bottom tiers that rely on them. I cant believe how so many of you wanted this to happen. We are slowly creeping our way back to mk11 vanilla boring gameplay.

Wigy

There it is...
What he said describes this community perfectly though because that’s what they do want to see they want to see characters they have a problem with “deleted” from the game and characters they use buffed to insane tier only for their characters to be the next ones giving everyone tears.

Rinse and repeat until the support for the game stops.
That might be true, but that brings life to the game, different metas, i used to get more excited with patches than any dlc. Reality is the game gets fucking boring and there is characters who barely function without the correct kameo.

You could add up every patch in mk11 and mk1 and it wouldnt have stirred up the meta less than one mkx patch.

Whatever your preference. If NRS continues this 0 effort patching their gamebase i guna die off.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
NRS did that and for what? For scrubs to still complain and get hundreds of “Tekken better” comments lol
The chief complaint aside from the QOL and lackluster content was that this game felt watered down. Now, the game will be even more watered down lol. The people that champion these nerfs will be happy for the next 24-48 hrs until they lose to a new flavor of the week team in KL then whatever that is will be demonized as well. The cries will continue as you already know. As I've said numerous times, top tier characters are like weeds, you chop one down and another grows in its place. Wait for the complaining to start with Janet. It's coming.

The cameo nerfs (lao and stryker) are indirect nerfs to characters as well making the game more lackluster imo. I really wanted to see some of the perceived lower tiers get buffed, it certainly would have shaken up the meta and made more people excited as opposed to this dogshit. NRS has run out of clean sheets from how often they've shit the bed.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Tweedy wasn't even saying anything. It just seemed like he was still trying to farm negative clicks. This is literally what everyone has been asking for, they got it and they still wanna be mad. His entire problem was "they didn't buff the low tiers", but can we wait to see if they even need to buff them?

He says "We wanna see top tier busted Nitara, top tier busted Li Mei. We wanna see low tier struggling Johnny, low tier struggling Raiden". Which isn't balance, thats just a tier shakeup. So it seems like he doesn't even know what it is that he wants.
Funny thing is, we got buffs to lower tier Kameo's with the Quan Buff/Peacemaker patch but a lot of that is still underexplored

That might be true, but that brings life to the game, different metas, i used to get more excited with patches than any dlc. Reality is the game gets fucking boring and there is characters who barely function without the correct kameo.

You could add up every patch in mk11 and mk1 and it wouldnt have stirred up the meta less than one mkx patch.

Whatever your preference. If NRS continues this 0 effort patching their gamebase i guna die off.
People were saying those exact same things during mkx and injustice though the constant shifting of tiers and patches had just as much crying as the lack of patches mk1 has

His entire problem was "they didn't buff the low tiers", but can we wait to see if they even need to buff them?
So while I don't agree with Tweedy because I agree it's just click farming, I absolutely understand being heavily frustrated if you like any low tiers in this game, and think it's absurd to expect anything substantial to change for them due to this patch.

Mid tiers might move up, but the low tiers in this game have fundamental problems with their gameplans or tools that have been obvious since day one, and have still mostly been left completely as is. It is perfectly resonable to expect some buffs to them by now and yet we've gotten very very little.

Bro just stop playing the game. It ain't gonna get better

When in doubt nerf Baraka. He should get a new special where he turns into a dead horse that the opponent can beat until the timer runs out lol. Good bye top ten.

While I'd much rather see buffs before nerfs, I approve of all of these nerfs. This is a step in the right direction. It does kind of worry me to see only nerfs as my worst fear is for them to drift towards mk11 2.0 with oversimplified game play. But yeah all of these are good, if we get buffs with Janet's release the game will be headed in a much better direction.

That said,without buffs this patch doesn't really shake up the tier list all that much. Johnny, Kenshi, Raiden, and Sindel players can all still continue eating their own personal cakes that they've been stuffing themselves with since day 1. Salty little piggies (i say this with love and bitter envy lol)

Off the top of my head Baraka stalk has gone down, Reiko's has continued to go up and Peacemaker would need a two page single spaced list of nerfs before his stalk went down.

All I gotta say is that if the notes came out and had a bunch of changes for Reiko that made him more interesting to play, I'd considering reinstalling and trying him.

Patches that just nerf stuff but makes nothing more interesting? Nah, not interested. Sorry.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm just waiting on characters and kameos I actually care about, which is the final half of this KP lol.
I'm gonna try out Janet just to see what goofy shit she can do with Geras and his OTG, but beyond that I'm not really caring until Ermac is out

Wigy

There it is...
People were saying those exact same things during mkx and injustice though the constant shifting of tiers and patches had just as much crying as the lack of patches mk1 has
i personally fucking loved it never complained once :)

So the argument is : some people are idiots, so fix 1% of the probelms every 6 months and jerk off in the corner NRS. All the while people get bored and frustrated with your game and stop playing and every other FG developer come out with comprehensive patches

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The community meta is to whine about every patch.

Cyrax Kameo was a laughing stock. After nerf, "Gutted"

People were complaining about Lao daily(are still complaining about Lao). After nerf, "tier shifting"

I saw one of you make a status update complaining about kamLao last week! :laughing:

Oh my God Johnny plus frames, Kenshi chip the humanity, electromagnetic storms is aids, the WHOLE GAME is special into Stryker grenades

WTF no balance patch NRS? Lazy bums

A week later

LBSH!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

People were complaining about Lao daily(are still complaining about Lao). After nerf, "tier shifting"

I saw one of you make a status update complaining about kamLao last week! :laughing:

Oh my God Johnny plus frames, Kenshi chip the humanity, electromagnetic storms is aids, the WHOLE GAME is special into Stryker grenades

A week later

LBSH!
From what I've seen, there are far more people asking for the game to be opened up and let shit rock. Peacemaker was step in the right direction. It seemed that whatever you could imagine might work with him, ended up working. That's actually fun. Even he's been toned down after only a week.

Nerfs aren't fun. The game just keeps getting watered down, which is insane because it was already pretty bare bones from the start. Making cooldown worse on Kameos doesn't make the game more fun, either. Being able to do the crazy/fun stuff more often is what makes games fun.

We are 6 months into the game's life. God forbid NRS actually do something like add new moves or something.

But hey....at least we can all still enjoy the incredible, revolutionary and innovative single player experience that is Invasions.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

A week later

LBSH!
Nail on head

Yeah, on PC the Peacemaker combos with Stryker still work.
what a weired thing,we got the patch,downloaded and installed the patch,but we dont have it actually applied properly lmao,no wonder pc cant connect with consoles with krossplay at the moment,we are in some inbetween patch version while consoles have a the game fully patched.

wtf seriously is this.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
what a weired thing,we got the patch,downloaded and installed the patch,but we dont have it actually applied properly lmao,no wonder pc cant connect with consoles with krossplay at the moment,we are in some inbetween patch version while consoles have a the game fully patched.

wtf seriously is this.
Nah bruh, that was intended. NRS has implemented a mini game at the menu screen (since you have to wait 5 mins for a match since no one is playing this donkey drizzle.) If you hit up up down down left right left right exactly as Kang goes into his MK BIg Bang theory you will be able to connect to ALL consoles even on KOTH. If you use switch stance instead of left right left right, it opens up The Warrior Shrine and Rooms. This is ingenious on NRS's part, gets me all reminiscent of having a game genie and reading Gamepro as a wee lad. Boon you never fail to disappoint!

From what I've seen, there are far more people asking for the game to be opened up and let shit rock. Peacemaker was step in the right direction. It seemed that whatever you could imagine might work with him, ended up working. That's actually fun. Even he's been toned down after only a week.

Nerfs aren't fun. The game just keeps getting watered down, which is insane because it was already pretty bare bones from the start. Making cooldown worse on Kameos doesn't make the game more fun, either. Being able to do the crazy/fun stuff more often is what makes games fun.

We are 6 months into the game's life. God forbid NRS actually do something like add new moves or something.

But hey....at least we can all still enjoy the incredible, revolutionary and innovative single player experience that is Invasions.
there are just different opinions clashing of what an FG should be. NRS is rather going the "trade blow for blow" - path this time. nothing is for free on offense and nothing effective can be applied without playing the mindgame. that leads to lower damage output and many neutral resets. you and others prefer the "touch of death" - philosophy. characters are so strong that whoever gains momentum wins unless the opponent makes a lucky guess and can start insane momentum himself. i can just say i prefer the first approach.