What's new

MK1 Patch Notes and Balance Adjustments - March 6, 2024

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

General Fixes & Adjustments
  • Delayed when players can move in Round 2 & later by 29 frames to match Round 1
Character Specific Adjustments
  • Main Fighters
    • Johnny Cage
      • The Bee's Knees (Down + Front Punch) now has 7 startup frames (up from 6)
      • Rough House (Front Punch, Front Punch) is now +1 on block (down from +3)
    • Kenshi
      • Slightly reduced the damage done on block by Ancestor’s Attacks
    • Raiden
      • Reduced the damage done on block by Electromagnetic Storm & Enhanced Electromagnetic Storm
    • Peacemaker
      • Fixed Force Multiplier not enabling Auto Block leading to unintended linked combos
      • Slightly increased the combo damage multiplier on Force Multiplier
      • The Eagley cooldown after blocking Ground-Air Offensive & Beautiful Bird Bullet is now the same as when they hit or miss (3 seconds)
      • The Eagley cooldown after Eagley assists during Shove is now 2 seconds (up from 0.5 seconds)
  • Kameo Fighters
    • Kung Lao
      • Slightly increased the cooldown & slightly reduced the recharge rate of Buzz Saw when held
    • Stryker
      • Reduced the recharge rate of Low Grenade Toss to match High Grenade Toss

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Definitely a step in the right direction but we need more. Maybe copium but this + 200k Final Kombat prize pool increase shows that maybe MK1 isn't completely on life support yet.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I was honestly NOT expecting a patch to drop before Janet Kameo, let alone a patch that nerfs (if ever so slightly) some of the meta characters, so hey, it's something

• So I'm guessing Johnny will have to use kano kameo and rising star for pressure
  • kinda weird that they made his d1 7 frames instead of 6
  • I can understand the kenshi nerfs on block because of the unseeable 50/50s.
  • I'm guessing kenshi players will probably do more 50/50s now when in sento is out.
  • raiden seems pretty chill, the reduced chip isn't that bad
  • the eagley nerf is kinda crazy. 3 seconds recovery is a little absurd imo
  • the damage nerfs I don't really care about since he has alot of meter less paths already
  • kung Lao cool down is big, as for many characters cant get rest loops. Ex sindel
  • I'm wondering what type of character buffs we will see in the future ? or if we will get just a linear regression for characters who are strong. Most of these patches tone down alot of characters, so I'm little weary of the future.

Its not weird at all. What was weird is that he was the only character in the game with a 6 frame d1.
It's a little sad to see them do it oddly. I like having characters who get "a unique thing" and "the best blah" is a common one. It just probably shouldn't go on johnny or they'd need to rework how certain characters function.

This is the easier fix for sure, and at least it's something. Still concerning to see them backtracking on character uniqueness. It's not like this is a huge patch though so maybe there's more and they're just on the "we tried, it's not working, not worth the headache" stage which is fair.

wsj515

It's a little sad to see them do it oddly. I like having characters who get "a unique thing" and "the best blah" is a common one. It just probably shouldn't go on johnny or they'd need to rework how certain characters function.

This is the easier fix for sure, and at least it's something. Still concerning to see them backtracking on character uniqueness. It's not like this is a huge patch though so maybe there's more and they're just on the "we tried, it's not working, not worth the headache" stage which is fair.
It never made sense for Johnny to have a 6f d1. I hear you that having unique tools is good, but there was no world where Johnny was the character to have a d1 that was better than anyone else - maybe like Havik

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

He's still unique though. Still the best pressure in the game, he's got a mechanic entirely exlusive to him with star power, he's got his parry that's been present in some way since MK9, etc. What more do you want lol

Should have never had a 6 frame d1 to begin with.

It never made sense for Johnny to have a 6f d1. I hear you that having unique tools is good, but there was no world where Johnny was the character to have a d1 that was better than anyone else - maybe like Havik
I mean it makes sense in this is the "I am the best at point blank" character, but he's got SOOOO many other tools that help that and I think they underestimated how kameo's would amplify those advantages while keeping his disadvantages lacking (insert M2Dave, not enough zoners speech here).

He'd need to have so much changed for it to make sense. As for giving it to havok or anyone else, sure, but I get that theme wise it wound up on johnny.

wsj515

One thing about this patch that everyone can agree on is that NRS just absolutely sucks at communication. They've 100% known about this patch for a while, they should have told us at the start of the season that this was coming after the Brazil tourney rather then just sit on it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
This patch mostly sucks.

Stryker's grenades have the same cool down as Goro's up punch. LOL.

I agree with Tweedy.

Tweedy wasn't even saying anything. It just seemed like he was still trying to farm negative clicks. This is literally what everyone has been asking for, they got it and they still wanna be mad. His entire problem was "they didn't buff the low tiers", but can we wait to see if they even need to buff them?

He says "We wanna see top tier busted Nitara, top tier busted Li Mei. We wanna see low tier struggling Johnny, low tier struggling Raiden". Which isn't balance, thats just a tier shakeup. So it seems like he doesn't even know what it is that he wants.

Tweedy wasn't even saying anything. It just seemed like he was still trying to farm negative clicks. This is literally what everyone has been asking for, they got it and they still wanna be mad. His entire problem was "they didn't buff the low tiers", but can we wait to see if they even need to buff them?

He says "We wanna see top tier busted Nitara, top tier busted Li Mei. We wanna see low tier struggling Johnny, low tier struggling Raiden". Which isn't balance, thats just a tier shakeup. So it seems like he doesn't even know what it is that he wants.
What he said describes this community perfectly though because that’s what they do want to see they want to see characters they have a problem with “deleted” from the game and characters they use buffed to insane tier only for their characters to be the next ones giving everyone tears.

Rinse and repeat until the support for the game stops.

What he said describes this community perfectly though because that’s what they do want to see they want to see characters they have a problem with “deleted” from the game and characters they use buffed to insane tier only for their characters to be the next ones giving everyone tears.

Rinse and repeat until the support for the game stops.
This is the Mortal Komabt community, and gamers in general:

Wigy

There it is...
Honestly NRS why even turn up to work.

Have they got 1 employee. What are they actually doing?

Last edited:
Ok so im on pc steam,downloaded the patch,Jonnies d1 on interactive framedata screen in practice mode still says 6 frames,john cena can still continue the combo after stryker granades post gunshot they didnt patch this properly and i for sure downloaded the patch, it definetly did something cause the damage scaling for john cena is different.

can someone else on steam test this also