What's new

MK1/MK2/MK3 Secret "EJB" Hidden Menu Codes Discovered After 20+ Years

For the Hidden Character Unlocks, does it perma unlock them, or do you need to do this each time you fire up your console?

No, it is not. @Shock mention some noticeable differences once… Especially how the sound emulation is run. The get over here is complete.
Also, some combat codes were removed, combat codes are disabled during ranked combat… If you want to enter codes in reverse order, you have to hit the up button after you select your character. If you want to morph into human smoke you have to input the combination much earlier, and some ending boxes in kahns treasures are changed. The default test menu is not accessible.
So what's the major differences between the arcade, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and Arcade Kollection versions; any place I can reference fro the quick read? Also, any differences between the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the Arcade Kollection of UMK3 (as I own both)?

Mgo

Noob
Also is the first time that the ports have a menu like that. The regular arcade menu that can be accessed hitting f2 on mame is impossible to acces on these ports.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
Has anyone been able to test this on the MK1 Jakks TV Game? It was based on the actual arcade source code, so things like Liu Kang and Sub-Zero's fatality glitches from the arcade version are present in the Jakks TV Game (though, I haven't been able to confirm Cage's double head fatality yet). There's a slim chance the audit stuff was left in there as well.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So does this actually work with no credits in the arcade games? That would have been awesome to be able to play that mini-game as a kid when I ran out of tokens.

Arcade owners would probably have been really mad though at kids tying up machines without paying anything though.