What's new

MK1 Invasions Mode: (It Sucks)

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I personally enjoyed my time with this season of Invasions. It definitely feels like a work in progress, but I think it can become pretty good in time. I think most of all, the Gateway mesa needs to be updated more frequently, with real towers that have varied modifiers. It's supposed to be the Towers of Time stand-in, but it does a poor job at that when the towers like...don't change the modifiers.

I think that the big challenge tower was probably the most creative the mode had, particularly with the survive rounds that actually had crazy patterns and/or gimmicks to them, and the bosses of that tower had interesting gimmicks too, I found. If we can get more of that on the game boards, I think Invasions would be better. Also tone down the super armor.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Well I won't jump to any conclusions, since I'm just a nobody with no social media presence named after a nobody in the '95 movie... but I've been harping on and on for ages that I wanted Ashrah, Sareena, human Reptile and lots of Chinese music and scenery in the next MK game.

And hot damn, I got my wish granted to perfection in that regard. I'd never for a second assume my silly opinions counted towards that ever occurring, but my god, it's an absolutely incredible coincidence that I'm delighted about.

And if my opinion did in some infinitesimally small way help make that happen... sincerely, thank you so much whoever you are at NRS!!!! :eek:
Pssh please, I've been advocating for 3d era AND saying if any OGs sit out, it should be Kano and Sonya. Someone at nrs loves me :REO

subzert

Frozen Soul
How many hours did it take for you guys to complete level 35 kharacter mastery and level 15 Kameo mastery for one-one each?

I am 32hours in mostly played with Sub-Zero and Mileena and got both to level 17 each. Kameos Frost and Sub-Zero are level 7 each. This is looking too slow in my opinion. I've completed story mode and Invasions mazes.

How many hours did it take for you guys to complete level 35 kharacter mastery and level 15 Kameo mastery for one-one each?

I am 32hours in mostly played with Sub-Zero and Mileena and got both to level 17 each. Kameos Frost and Sub-Zero are level 7 each. This is looking too slow in my opinion. I've completed story mode and Invasions mazes.
I've played storymode and I also completed invastion mode and did some towers. My total gameplay time is 26,9 hours (I also had some menu idling and AFK'ing). I used Mileena, and she is level 21. I used her in combination with Sareena and she is level 10.

But to be honest, i've stopped caring about mastery unlocks, when I found out that you don't unlock a nice skin on mastery level 35, but just another color pallet. So, I don't really care about it.

The amount of rewards are scarce. There are only 2 skins for Kitana and Mileena.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob

Go to Fengjian Village's level 1 endurance match 'Triple Threat', put all your points into attack, use the 15% XP booster relic on your talisman (there's no armor on these opponents) and simply get flawless victories and always use a finisher on it (if you equip an armor talisman with 8 charges, I've upped mine to 14, it's guaranteed as you're invincible - in fact I think mine's bugged, it never goes lower than saying I've used two charges). The fight takes like than 10 seconds and you'll be getting huge amounts of XP every time, the early levels will level up just from a single fight, by the teens it'll usually take around 6-10 fights, as each of the 3 characters counts as an individual victory. You'll get even more XP if you do it on a higher ranking mesa, however those tend to be plagued with secret fights, so this is quicker over all.

I'm XP level 100 already, and have leveled Mileena up to level 24, Sindel to 20, Ashrah to 27, Reptile to 18, Sub Zero to 10 and Smoke to 15. Kameos I've got Sareena to 15, Sonya to 14, Shujinko to 13. I've also cleared out the shrine, completed the story, 100% completed invasions and bought everything from the season store, played for 57 hours (but that includes a few times I went out shopping having left the game on the kustomisation screen).

I've just leveled Smoke up from 15 to 16 in the time it took to write this post, going to take him to 20 this lunchtime to get the sweet loot. Sure it's rather boring, but if you just want to get all the level gear, it's the simplest and quickest way.

Haven't edited anything about my level in the above image, just redacted my son's user account name we play on for privacy reasons.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Just as an update to my last post, took under an hour to take Smoke from level 15 to level 21, and I was partly browsing the internet at the same time.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I've played storymode and I also completed invastion mode and did some towers. My total gameplay time is 26,9 hours (I also had some menu idling and AFK'ing). I used Mileena, and she is level 21. I used her in combination with Sareena and she is level 10.

But to be honest, i've stopped caring about mastery unlocks, when I found out that you don't unlock a nice skin on mastery level 35, but just another color pallet. So, I don't really care about it.

The amount of rewards are scarce. There are only 2 skins for Kitana and Mileena.
This. I stopped at Kitana Level 29. The fact that her Dark Kitana skin isn’t unlockable is ridiculous. It’s in the game, but we can’t unlock it.
Fucking on-disc DLC is shitty.

I just have to say, if I wasn't a sweaty online player, this would easily be the worst Mortal Kombat ever, aside from MKvsDC.

The Roster is lit on paper, but even that kinda is ass when Havik is just an edge lord with a burned jaw and one of the characters is Megan Fox reading out loud.

Thank heavens the gameplay is fun and Reptile is sick.

subzert

Frozen Soul

I'm only interested in Kameo mastery as there are 2 trophies with them. A bronze trophy to achieve 1 Kameo mastery and a silver for 5 Kameo mastery. That is going to be a slog.

Also I think a lot of the skins from story mode will be unlockavle from Shrine. I got Indiana Cage skin and Dark Sindel skin from story mode in the shrine. Dark Sindel skin bundle is also available on premium dragon crystal store.

Art Lean

Noob
Here's a video showcasing all characters mastery rewards, might be of use for those you feel aren't worth the effort for:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I agree with those above who say that invasion has immense potential.

Here are some easy fixes:

1) Get rid of the armor and the RPG mechanics.

2) Have the matches be two rounds instead of one.

3) Have the bosses have a better A.I. to make them more difficult due to skill, not bullshit modifiers.

4) Have all characters be possible opponents on each map, instead of just 4-5 on each map. The mode has literally zero narrative logic or structure so there's no reason to pretend there is.

5) If you HAVE to put environmental hazards, TONE. THEM. DOWN. They were more tolerable in MK11, here they are flat out insane and the game (unlike MK11) does not give you konsumables to lessen the pain.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah Havik is a huge L this time around. I even hate his specials. Like what is up with that cartoony red blob he shoots out? Why can't he fire out actual organs or body parts? Like imagine a move where he rips his torso open and he machine gun fires ribs at you

Art Lean

Noob
Speaking of Havik... did I miss something in the story; why in this timeline can he still rip off his limbs? Even his new biography offers no insights into that. In the story mode all I remember is him being a normal man who got his face burnt in molten metal? Yet his character as a playable fighter is suddenly the mad mashup monster man again.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I hate how Havik's not even about Chaos anymore, but drones on instead about anarchy. Those aren't even close to the same thing. Although there are things I like about him, and I'm glad he's in the game, I do think they dropped the ball pretty hard with him.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Speaking of Havik... did I miss something in the story; why in this timeline can he still rip off his limbs? Even his new biography offers no insights into that. In the story mode all I remember is him being a normal man who got his face burnt in molten metal? Yet his character as a playable fighter is suddenly the mad mashup monster man again.
One intro dialogue mentions it is quan chi's magic that is responsable for that

Fermbiz

Noob
Invasion is straight brain dead ass. Thankfully, I did most of it on my travel time using the Steam Deck just to get it out the way.

This. I stopped at Kitana Level 29. The fact that her Dark Kitana skin isn’t unlockable is ridiculous. It’s in the game, but we can’t unlock it.
Fucking on-disc DLC is shitty.
NRS decided to take a bunch of notes from PS3-era Capcom. Maybe the first expansion will include a return of the gear-socket gems from MK11...but as pay to win...and mandatory in online versus.