What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

I like the gameplay but the aesthetics look weird to me. I don’t know if I like it or dislike it but I’m not blown away like I was when MK11 was revealed at the revealed event.

Kenshi fighting in a suit, a mansion as a background arena, Kung Lao in jeans. It looks very unlike Mortal Kombat sort of like it’s a game based off of a live action Mortal Kombat movie lol.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Well, in the original story he went blind when he got the sword, so he maybe goes blind when he picks it up in this one too? Idk. He does look amazing in that suit, but I still cant believe they named the sword Sento. Such a stupid name lol.
"Sento" in Portuguese means the action of sitting somewhere, like "I sit here" or "I sat there" :DOGE

btw the shokan isnt goro

thats 100% a mileena move, she summons the shokan
Boon himself said that was Goro tho :DOGE

Him

Noob
Game looks as if MK, MK II, MK 2011, MK X, I2, and MK 11 all got put in blender (obviously it still looks like its own game). Not mad at it either.

Him

Noob
My only gripe is the Kameo mechanic (to an extent), everything else looks stellar. The art direction is a welcomed change and the atmosphere being less gloomy puts an emphasis on Liu Kangs current disposition (tranquility, peace, all that corny sentimental shit). This game should have Friendships to further highlight the cordialness of the kombatants and Kamoes.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'm gonna need a full Kitana breakdown this weekend because she looks awesome. I hope we can see if she has some good air mobility, but her air combos are probably going to be insane.