What's new

MK1 December 14th 2023 Update Patch Notes

CipherJ

Noob
I guess all Invasion skins were unlocked for people, including the titan skin. Emergency patch being crafted.

CipherJ

Noob
IDK. Ketchup and Mustard stream is where I heard it.

Edit:
@Juxtapose I just watched Season 3 Invasions trailer. Looks like Ashrah might be one of the titans. Were there titans in S1?

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
First off...for those who don't know just turn off your internet on your console after you have downloaded the patch/Quan and you can play as Quan Chi and anything you unlocked will be there. You won't be able to unlock anything though or upgrade mastery offline. It appears on the towers and all single player modes it does the character banter that wasn't present before. The announcer also says the Kameo fighters name too on the towers. This is the part of the game being always live that I don't think is fair. I have never liked Quan Chi much but he is fun to play as and seems a bit OP, but that is par for the course with the DLC. It does feel like the Kameos so far are playing a much bigger role than before.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wish they would’ve buffed Cyrax’s Horizontal Kopter Chopper to cost 75% Kameo meter instead of 100%.

And based on the KK and this updated HP value chart, Khameleon has the standard +300 HP since Quan has 600 and in the KK them together had 900 HP. Unless that for some reason will change by the time she’s released.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
they did this two sektors flamethrower second hit witch is mid. not sure why. they made plus 3 on block with tons of push back and minus 32 on up block with no pushback. Weird change. no was going for flamethrower on block anyways......
I just came here to mention this game flaw and you already hinted at it.
Up-Block is an anti-overhead mechanic (best new gameplay mechanic to MK1 btw), if we can now make a +3 into a -32 situation, the players need to know it, without reading patchnotes.
How should you know you can UP-Block the second mid attack? There needs to be at least a note under sektors fKameo move.
Note: you can sadly not Up-Block if you block the first hit

Now I am asking myself, does this game have more mids you can UP-Block?

xRantex

Rante Inferno
@Ptehu

"sidenote: I can't stand Derek. Dude, you have designed literally the worst single player experience in the history o fighting games. Take the L and stop laughing to us from the screen like an idiot."

This**

I can't stand dude either something about him... Always laughing not addressing the major issues. Ugh, he thanked me for playing the game at EVO I'm like sir I don't need u to tell me that. I been playing mk for how long?

Yea invasions is just horrific.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
It is now safe to say that their approach with balacing this time is "mildly buff kameos and not touch the base roster unless to fix some bugs", which IMO would be good, had not the bottom half of the roster struggle so much with the top 7.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It is now safe to say that their approach with balacing this time is "mildly buff kameos and not touch the base roster unless to fix some bugs", which IMO would be good, had not the bottom half of the roster struggle so much with the top 7.
I don’t think that’s “safe to say”. This is only the 2nd somewhat significant balance patch. They could just be giving it a little more time before they make actual balancing decisions with the main roster. Which imo is a good thing in general. But I DO think there’s been enough time to where they could’ve done slight nerfs and slight buffs, but I’m completely fine with them waiting a little longer. I sound like a broken record but I still hope they buff Cyrax to where Horizontal Kopter Chopper uses 75% Kameo meter instead of 100% though.