Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Kitana

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
as the title says, just vote in the poll. explain if you like.

mine is li mei (+frost), i like her pace&strategy and the personality is ok.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So far it’s Sub-Zero. But I haven’t used anyone else yet. I just started playing at around midnight (6 hrs ago) and I haven’t been playing it for 6 hrs straight. But anyway, really wanna learn the game through Sub first then try out other characters. Because for me, it’s really hard to learn a character in general without training mode, but definitely a lot more difficult to learn multiple. Especially in a short amount of time.

Anyway, Sub is really fun in this game. I haven’t used Sub-Zero in an MK game outside of the classic MK’s since I believe MKvsDC. And even though his Klone goes away fairly quickly, it actually seems a lot more versatile in how you can use it in MK1.

As far as Kameos, haven’t really explored them very much yet. Been using mainly Frost but haven’t really found a great use for her with Sub yet. I’ve heard/read that they actually work decently with one another and have a good meterless combo, but I haven’t figured it out yet or looked it up. Been mainly just trying to learn stuff on my own.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Li Mei for sure - I love her variety.

She has potential to control the space with lanterns/projectiles etc and also has pretty good pressue up close (albeit a little unsafe)

She looks awesome and some of her combos are the best looking in the game (check out the 3 lantern ones in the Li Mei thread!).

Love me a lantern!

Sub Zero #2

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Li Mei for sure - I love her variety.

She has potential to control the space with lanterns/projectiles etc and also has pretty good pressue up close (albeit a little unsafe)

She looks awesome and some of her combos are the best looking in the game (check out the 3 lantern ones in the Li Mei thread!).

Love me a lantern!

Sub Zero #2
Her Fatal Blow pink tiger thing reminds me of this diamond in the rough scene from Aladdin

Zviko

Noob
Started with Kitana and didn’t like her that much. Tried Li Mei with Sonya and Frost and she’s so much better. Also tried everyone else in towers but I’m gonna stick with Li Mei + Frost now. Haven’t tried Kenshi though because he looks way too complicated and I would need a proper practice mode for him.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
surprisingly Li Mei. Never thought she will get me the most interested out of all beta characters. She is smooth and relatively easy with some nice space control and set up options.

Kenshi makes me a bit defensive due to the fact that he seems complicated and there is no proper practice mode
Liu Kang on contrary seems super easy and he is the one I can at least pull up some basic combos in the air without starting to mash buttons
Sub Zero looks awesome but I need some practice
Johnny and Kitana are probably not for me, at least not now.

Btw, my muscle memory still tries to amp attacks with R1 instead of R2 so I end up randomly summoning kameos during matches.
And yea - fell like kameos are not needed at all in this game. Even noticing during online matches that we tend to forget that they are even there.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Started with Kitana and didn’t like her that much. Tried Li Mei with Sonya and Frost and she’s so much better. Also tried everyone else in towers but I’m gonna stick with Li Mei + Frost now. Haven’t tried Kenshi though because he looks way too complicated and I would need a proper practice mode for him.
Once you figure out his transitions you start to get a picture of what to do when , think of him as 3 characters in one

Li Mei and Kitana.

Wanted to try Kenshi but he's so damn hard that hes probably out of my league, I'm an average player, so I cant see myself learning how to use him.

Li Mei is amazing, and her personality looks like a mix of Sonya and Hotaru with all that talk about justice. And her spanish voice is quite good. Has some easy combos (but I fail time after time with enhanced special moves).

And bitchy/sassy Kitana is back! God, how I missed her on MK11 (for me, the worst versión of the character). I dont like how any of the current kameos work with her. Sonya with square wave... But It is the only useful thing of Sonya kameo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Started with Kitana, wasn't feeling her much.

Went to Kenshi, but I need a practice mode to figure out Sento so dropped him.

Tried Johnny Cage, and hit the jackpot. Character is super fun and hype meter is legit, similar to characters with "drinks" mechanics in other fighting games. I'll stay here throughout the beta.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Li Mei + Frost, hands down. Kitana’s animations are beautiful, but she’s deceptively complex and requires practice mode to learn effectively due to strict timing and setups, so I gave up on her after a couple ladder runs. I think I’ll like her once I get the opportunity to lab with her, but for now I’m loving Li Mei.

Agilaz

It has begun
So far I find Kameos well designed. They do kinda feel like this game's version of variations, but every Kameo seems unique enough that you can make a choice purely on preference.

Personally, I still miss KB's but having played over 100 games already I can definitely respect the choice to leave them out this time; game is nutty enough as it is.

Also, I love how we're able to easier continue combos after the Finish Him screen. I feel hype MKX-type brutality combos are gonna be back.

Never thought I'd enjoy playing Li Mei of all characters but here we are. Release day really can't come soon enough.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So far it’s Sub-Zero. But I haven’t used anyone else yet. I just started playing at around midnight (6 hrs ago) and I haven’t been playing it for 6 hrs straight. But anyway, really wanna learn the game through Sub first then try out other characters. Because for me, it’s really hard to learn a character in general without training mode, but definitely a lot more difficult to learn multiple. Especially in a short amount of time.

Anyway, Sub is really fun in this game. I haven’t used Sub-Zero in an MK game outside of the classic MK’s since I believe MKvsDC. And even though his Klone goes away fairly quickly, it actually seems a lot more versatile in how you can use it in MK1.

As far as Kameos, haven’t really explored them very much yet. Been using mainly Frost but haven’t really found a great use for her with Sub yet. I’ve heard/read that they actually work decently with one another and have a good meterless combo, but I haven’t figured it out yet or looked it up. Been mainly just trying to learn stuff on my own.
Frost might end up being a better match for him but iv been using Sonya for the B34 meterless launch. I doubt it’s anywhere near optimal but it gives an easy avenue. Ring makes it a little easier than it already is to close the distance too.

Frost might end up being a better match for him but iv been using Sonya for the B34 meterless launch. I doubt it’s anywhere near optimal but it gives an easy avenue. Ring makes it a little easier than it already is to close the distance too.
i think kano is great for sub in the demo because the knifes make his 50/50 safe on block and extend the combos on hit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i think kano is great for sub in the demo because the knifes make his 50/50 safe on block and extend the combos on hit.
I think all the kameos are pretty good for Sub so far. He feels pretty strong and has good choices at his base so the kameos can pretty seamlessly fit him. So far at least without the context of all the characters and kameos obviously.

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
Probably Li Mei or Johnny. Kitana I've been playing a lot of as well, though I think I've played the other two more.

Unsure about favorite kameo. Depends on who I'm playing.