What's new

MK: X Mini Facts

ryublaze

Noob
Rip on Avoiding the puddle show thing was giving some info about MKX.

Normal moves do not have any wake up invincibility, only EX attacks.

He also said something, but he kinda explained it weird and I'm not sure if I understood right, but, you can EX scorpions spear, and then meter burn it? So I guess that costs 2 bars of meter? Ya... IDK.
interesting. i always hated the randomness of wake-ups/delayed wake-ups so this should make stuffing wake-ups easier. Hopefully everyone has at least one good EX wake-up.

and wait you can EX and MB? why r people saying MB in this game?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
interesting. i always hated the randomness of wake-ups/delayed wake-ups so this should make stuffing wake-ups easier. Hopefully everyone has at least one good EX wake-up.

EX and MB mean the same thing.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

They are both in the game.

Some attacks work like MK where you EX them at the start, and some can be metered burned later in its animation.
It sounded like you can do both with Scorpions spear, like EX it, and then MB it again for another bar.

No MB button, you just hit block.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
When you throw someone, you can MB it, so instead if just slamming them down it will leave them standing, but you will be at heavy advantage (about +12)

When you're doing a combo, you can do a throw, mid combo, but the throw can still be breakered.
Source?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Oh another thing, BL who played it was in the chat, during ATP, and he said throw breaks are a guess just like MK9.

EDIT Another another thing.
Rip was talking about dash block and specifically said NRS does not like that mechanic at all.
They didn't say why, but he speculated it was a visual thing, they went through all the trouble of making better and more fluid animations, they didn't want the players to then go and make the game look like shit by dash blocking every where.

Last edited:

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
They are both in the game.

Some attacks work like MK where you EX them at the start, and some can be metered burned later in its animation.
It sounded like you can do both with Scorpions spear, like EX it, and then MB it again for another bar.

No MB button, you just hit block.
Ya id also like a source of where your getting this..

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Now everyone can taste how it feels to not have a safe wakeup.
I know some folks will be salty.

And Ex then MB? That sounds like a waste of meter but the special effects will be awesome.
Man, this game is like a dream come true.

And I can see how dash blocking would look stupid in streams...hell, I loved dash blocking but it made sektor look like a wild chicken.
Footsie game in this will be completely different than any fighting game and I can't wait.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Great thread. Add in this shoot invincible back dashes:

Partialy invincible like injustice but not cancelable.

Edit: also looooooooving the fact you could only get invincibility on wakeups that use Ex meter.
Safe wakeups 100% of the time in Injustice and mk9 were seriously some of the stupidest things in the game.

Last edited: