What's new

MK v IGAU : Which game had more BS?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I'm pretty sure MKX is going to make MK9 and INJ look extremely balanced.
Someone out of all these variations is going to be an extremely hate-able character and make us forget about Sonya's armor, cyrax's resets and Kenshi.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I dont really agree. Batgirl can do so much damage, she can also be touch of death. i mean if you guess wrong you might have eaten anywhere from 60 - 80%. thats comparable to cyrax. both have a jailing projectile. both have a teleport, but ones teleport is clearly better, as both are unsafe, but only one leads to the reset. its hard for me to acceot cyrax was dirtier. but thats why i wanna talk about it
Batgirl is broken as fuck, but cyrax still wins there. You at least have a chance of escaping Batgirl's combos (guessing right) but have no such luck with Cyrax.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
In the general scheme of things, MK9 had more BS simply going by how many characters are actually viable competitively and can stand against the top tiers.
In injustice most of the cast can actually compete with MMH/Batgirl/Aquaman/Zod, even if it's an uphill.
in MK9 however; Kabal, Cyrax, Freddy and co. basically tell everyone else in the cast to go fuck themselves >__>

My point? MK9 is total BS, this is not even an argument lol. However this applies to most MK games anyway, the series is not exactly known for being "balanced" so it's whatever to MK fans at this point..

Keep in mind injustice was the first game and everybody was a new character, where MK has been in the game for too long to have this much nonsense lol.
At least NRS did the right choice in MKX and just cut the characters they couldn't balance out :coffee:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
When you have to guess whether to block high or low, that's bullsh*t.
NOTICE, I DIDNT SAY REACT, I SAID GUESS. GUESSING requires no skill and you go off of hope and chance. Now explain to me how is that fair? How is that skillful when you GUESS right. You can read a player, but it's still a guess and her reset leaves you know other reactive option but to guess blk high or low.
I guess you would hate MKX if Mileena's roll was confirmed low in MKX (it's Mid this time instead of high) :D, which is fast as fcuk with its 7f start up.

Last edited:

NurzBenny

Old Member
I think I'm the only person in the world that finds Cyrax . . . not "fair", because that's the wrong word for it, but I always thought that that character had to work for his 100% or breaker traps (what a stupid sentence that is). I thought the command grab will he or won't he loop was WAY dumber than navigating the side scrolling action platformer that were his bomb placements. Might be because I've played that match up no less than a trillion times, but who knows.

I'd say the top of MK in relation to all of injustice could feel like more bs in terms of disparity, but like others have said, literally EVERY character in injustice is bullshit in his or her own way. Balanced bullshit vs imbalanced bullshit.

I'd also say that there's something to that top tier MK9 bullshit not being accessible to just ANY player. You kind of had to be good to show a characters true potential in MK9. You couldn't JUST pick up a character based on his tools and have results. (Not that anyone could just pick up aquaman or martian or manhunter and instantly become theo or jupiter) There's a lot more of that in injustice just given how strong character design is.

For all the cyrax doom and gloom, did anyone feel like DJT didn't deserve that evo? Playing patient af, capitalizing on every opportunity he could and just decidedly having been THE BEST PLAYER that day. Don't think there was that kind of uniformity for KDZ of Sonic Fox (and maybe there should have been, but there wasn't )

Also we've come a long way when we mention BS in MK9 and Kung Lao is nowhere to be found.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
For me, MK9 had a lot of unnecessary bullshit that factored into its imbalance...from Cyrax, Smoke and Jax's "resets," to Kabal, Sonya (braaaaaain dead) and Kenshi all the way to input bug, player 1 advantage, meter drain and of course random frame advantage (Fuck you Cage.) I find it hilarious that people are still comparing Injustice's bullshit to MK9's, where MK9 has a lot of shit that will make you go insane.

SGX

Noob
I think the biggest BS in MK9 was Kung Lao and Raiden getting nerfed into the ground. Injustice just sucked.