Who were the dirtiest MK9 characters?
Human brickwall Kenshi,
Screen control Kabal,
Touch of death Cyrax,
Freddy Fullscreen Frametrap

What about IGAU?
Safe overhead zoning Martian,
Guess right or die tryin' Batgirl,
Cant zone me I'm the Flash, (with bonus guessing)
Zod & Co. Zoning factory

theres plenty more, and on the surface i think many would agree IGAU had the most BS - but lets take a moment to reflect on the bullshit BOTH games offered before we have to deal with the bullshit of MKX

coolwhip

Noob
Injustice had more bullshit (and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way) based on pure quantity. As in, most characters have some salt-inducing dirt. At worst, there's some weird ambiguous cross up that you can't see.

But there was nothing in Injustice as bad as Cyrax's reset, from a pure bullshit perspective. There was also no character in Injustice as bullshit as Kabal.

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
Even with all the bs in MK9, I still absolutely love the game. Whoever the other guy picks, I never really get that sinking pit in my stomach. With Inj, I hated playing against half the cast, and don't even get me started on interactables.

Last edited:

BRUTALITY

Banned
Injustice had more bullshit (and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way) based on pure quantity. As in, most characters have some salt-inducing dirt. At worst, there's some weird ambiguous cross up that you can't see.

But there was nothing in Injustice as bad as Cyrax's reset, from a pure bullshit perspective. There was also no character in Injustice as bullshit as Kabal.
this is exactly what i mean. i wanted originally to have a silly thread for Cyrax v Batgirl - who is more bullshit? but i guess not EVERYONE feels the same about batgirl - i think the world round unites for the cyrax bullshit committee though

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy Fullscreen Frametrap.
Very clever, but I think "Fullscreen Frametrap Freddy" sounds a little better.

Easily Injustice.
Naw.

First of all, nothing matches pre-patch Mortal Kombat 9, which was littered with infinite and block infinite combos (i.e., Cyrax's command throw loop, Ermac's b+2 unblockable set up loop, Kabal's NMD block infinite, Sonya's MS block infinite, etc. etc.).

Second of all, I still think Mortal Kombat 9 wins. The top tier characters are stronger.

Kabal is untouchable and still better than Martian Manhunter.

Kenshi is better than Aquaman, including possibly pre-patch Aquaman.

Cyrax and Batgirl are probably on equal terms as far as BS is concerned.

Zod does have better zoning than Freddy, but the difference is not very significant in my opinion.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Like Proud Disciple said, I didn't play MK9 that long but watching tournaments to see the same character in tournaments let me know that characters were far spread apart in the tier list.

But Injustice.... I didn't complain about Deathstrokes guns, I didn't complain about Superman F23 pressure, I didn't complain about Day 1 Scorpion, and I asked an honest question about MM capabilities a year ago and was vilified as downplaying MM players.....

But with Batgirl, she is total bullshit with that vortex.
SonicFox is synonymous with Batgirl and we should never downplay his skill as a player. But I'm sorry, I have to say this...NRS should have fixed that Vortex a long time ago and her Vortex, pressure, anti-zoning and damage single handily killed this game for me.

I watched all these comments about "Just grind out the match-up" and that's good on you for trying, but I think it's crap when it shouldn't be a problem to deal with in the first place.

When you have to guess whether to block high or low, that's bullsh*t.
NOTICE, I DIDNT SAY REACT, I SAID GUESS. GUESSING requires no skill and you go off of hope and chance. Now explain to me how is that fair? How is that skillful when you GUESS right. You can read a player, but it's still a guess and her reset leaves you know other reactive option but to guess blk high or low.
Blocking Doomsdays Earthshake move is SKILL. Blocking BG reset is shear luck and don't ever think otherwise! Batgirl wasn't the only character that had this setup but hers led to the most damage.

I started playing USF4 just because it's more balanced and they wouldn't allow that shit. They got mixups and resets but there are ways to escape it and sometimes it's character specific. Their juggle properties and some reversals prevent that guessing bullshit. But in Injustice... Nahhh it's gotta work on every MFer in the cast and then you are in the corner gettin bodied.

My only hope is if or WHEN something like this is figured out in MKX, THEY ASSESS AND IF NECESSARY PATCH IT FOR THE SAKE OF BALANCE AND FAIRNESS.

Say what you want, that's my opinion
See u on the 14th

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Very clever, but I think "Fullscreen Frametrap Freddy" sounds a little better.

Naw.

First of all, nothing matches pre-patch Mortal Kombat 9, which was littered with infinite and block infinite combos (i.e., Cyrax's command throw loop, Ermac's b+2 unblockable set up loop, Kabal's NMD block infinite, Sonya's MS block infinite, etc. etc.).

Second of all, I still think Mortal Kombat 9 wins. The top tier characters are stronger.

Kabal is untouchable and still better than Martian Manhunter.

Kenshi is better than Aquaman, including possibly pre-patch Aquaman.

Cyrax and Batgirl are probably on equal terms as far as BS is concerned.

Zod does have better zoning than Freddy, but the difference is not very significant in my opinion.
Cyrax is probably a little better than Batgirl honestly. More complete and has a better ground game/neutral game. You eat one d4 from Cyrax and you're shitting your pants.

The top tier in MK9 are probably stronger than the top tier in Injustice if we compare number 1 to number 1, number 2 to number 2, etc... But then that would ignore characters like Sinestro, Bane, Flash, etc... with a ton of bullshit.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
coolwhip said:
The top tier in MK9 are probably stronger than the top tier in Injustice if we compare number 1 to number 1, number 2 to number 2, etc... But then that would ignore characters like Sinestro, Bane, Flash, etc... with a ton of bullshit.
True, but keep in mind that Mortal Kombat 9 has Cage, Kitana, Reptile, Sonya, and of course the biggest pile of unbalanced shit ever created - Smoke.

The low tier characters are a lot better in Injustice, though. Kano and Sheeva are worthless at any kind of meaningful level of gameplay.

coolwhip

Noob
True, but keep in mind that Mortal Kombat 9 has Cage, Kitana, Reptile, Sonya, and of course the biggest pile of unbalanced shit ever created - Smoke.

The low tier characters are a lot better in Injustice, though. Kano and Sheeva are worthless at any kind of meaningful level of gameplay.
Smoke is up there with any character in both games if we're strictly talking about bullshit. 100% resets.

Cage taking your life with chip can be qualified is bullshit too.

PS: Note to TYM, don't turn this into a Smoke downplaying fest.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I'd say MK9. Characters like Kabal and Cyrax should not exist in a way they do. 50% unbreakable combos, 100% death combos, Kabal's way of building meter. Yeah, Freddy's fullscreen frame traps are dumb too, not comparable though, imo.

Now, I still prefer playing MK9 over Injustice, but I have to admit that MK9's flaws surpass Injustice's flaws. Some broken shit in there.

BRUTALITY

Banned
Cyrax is probably a little better than Batgirl honestly. More complete and has a better ground game/neutral game. You eat one d4 from Cyrax and you're shitting your pants.
I dont really agree. Batgirl can do so much damage, she can also be touch of death. i mean if you guess wrong you might have eaten anywhere from 60 - 80%. thats comparable to cyrax. both have a jailing projectile. both have a teleport, but ones teleport is clearly better, as both are unsafe, but only one leads to the reset. its hard for me to acceot cyrax was dirtier. but thats why i wanna talk about it

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Had MK9 & although I hated playing against a good Kabal, Cyrax, Sonya & Kung Lao, all for different reasons, I'd still rather do that than play Injustice, its the slowest pile of crap I've ever played. So all in all, MK9 had some BS characters but Injustice itself is BS!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Unpopular opinion time, but i think Injustice was a better game than MK9.
In terms of polish I don't think that can be argued, MK9 had meter drain glitch, input bug, P1 advantage and a lot of inconsistent bugs / glitches, also random advantage, strings with truly bizarre properties and hitboxes. I agree Injustice is the better game.

That said, Injustice has its fair share of bullshit too. In terms of just BS then I think Injustice is a little worse but if we're just talking straight up broken shit than MK9 wins by a mile.

Both are still fun as hell though.

mk9 and igau both the worst fighting games of the last 6 years for me. technically they cant compete with any other EVO main games (excluding smash of course, that shit isn't even a fighting game haha)
all my hope is in mkx ;D