What's new

MK Trilogy for the N64 worth buying if you already own UMK3?

rzp said:
DRAG0N_F0RCE said:
RZP, how are the controlls on the N64? I don't have any n64 fighters yet and the Dpad feels pretty sensitive, probably because I am so used to the rough xbox dpad.
what you meant? explain please... sound like you want to know what it looks like a n64 controller :p please explain, better ^_^
I'm wondering how the controls are, I like the face buttons, but the directional pad (the cross) feels a bit odd to me.

im stay in the same xD... (is something what we always say in venezuela xD)

ok then, if you meant "how the control are in the moment when you play" is amazing, the answer of how fast is the control are in the time you play is just amazing, no loading screens (versus mode) no loading morph (shang tsung) remember in the psx version you got to config something in the options to let shang morph into 2 or 5 players without load moves, if you dó not this the game will freeze to load the moves of the player you want to morph to.
play against a friend and become more and more strong everyday is the best thing ^_^ i started we just a few tactic and now i play really hard^_^ boths version of MKT (PSX and MKT) are so different even the gameplay against CPU in the MKT version is different from UMK3 (is a new style) even beat motaro is more hard than psx or umk3...

i don´t like Nightwolf´s shoulder (there are just a few shits that you could make against this move).

Human SMoke walking speed are so fast xD.

i would love to transfer Khamaleon in the place of Chameleon ^_^

even the option screen is more faster than psx version xD
is sure that is a good choice you have been made xD

iammud

Noob
kombat_veteran said:
rzp said:
Mr Wiggl3s said:
Emulators on PC are gay, and my Xbox cant handle the game
all xbox´s have the same trouble, the game can´t run propely:S any comment about why?
the reason is simple: midway has half-assed this console emulation once again. when will they get it right?

I fully advocate the use of MAME and the UMK3 ROMS on a very good computer. Yes, this would probably be considered software piracy, but oh well.

First off midway doesn't do the emulation, half the time they don't do the porting either... however for an xbox it's not midway... secondly mk:t and mk4 run fine for psx, and with some effort mk4 is playable on n64 and mk:t is fine...

for an xbox to run mk mame games on the other hand... one thing that helps is a 128mb of ram in your xbox... secondly upgrading the 733mhz cpu to 1.4ghz they'll run perfect... and yes 1.4ghz xboxes do exsist... see friendtech... I don't think you can get em anymore though.

a 1.4ghz w/ 128mb of ram can run every mortal kombat game except mk:gold, mk:t saturn, umk3 saturn, mk2 saturn.... ps2 gamecube wii ports...

or best of all use a pc with tv out and an xbox controller....

iammud

Noob
oh yeah and umk3 arcade>n64 mk:t>saturn>psx>psx 1.0>game.com>r-zone:x If you could fix the load times on psx that'd change though...

dreemernj

Ambassador
Did the Saturn version not have loading time? The actual game was the same as the PSX version, but it was more like Buggy PSX than it was like Greatest Hits. And the PSX version's load times could be cut down to a very small amount by doing fast select, no buyin, and no versus.

And don't forget the PC version. That should probably go right after UMK3 since it was Greatest Hits MKT for PSX, no loading time, network play, and has all the characters N64 was missing.

Mario

Noob
mud said:
oh yeah and umk3 arcade>n64 mk:t>saturn>psx>psx 1.0>game.com>r-zone:x If you could fix the load times on psx that'd change though...
You have the Saturn version ahead of PSX Greatest Hits? I thought the Saturn version was like buggy PSX MK Trilogy. If so, then it has the worst gameplay of all the Trilogy's, where you could perform the gamebreaking across the screen axe infinite with Nightwolf.

How does N64 MKT look on a lcd hdtv? Does it look as good as umk3 on xbox? I'm kinda worried it will look all stretched and jagged.

dreemernj

Ambassador
MKT characters are much smaller than UMK3 arcade/360 characters. And the N64 version has some brighter colors, and it has fewer of them. UMK3 is better looking than all of the trilogies, so none are going to look all that hot blown up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know that MKT for PSX looks really pixellated on my HDTV, I'd imagine the same for any home version that is not the XBLA version.

Yeah, PSX looks bad on hdtv with any game. N64 seems to be a bit better and a good amount of the games even have hi def modes. I don't have any 2d 64 games atm though so I have no way to tell for that.

But damn, I got my genesis running and fired up UMK3. Wow it was so jagged on an hdtv i couldnt stand to play it.

Kazlaz

Noob
ive been trying 3 fucking years trying to get ahold of a sega saturn but everytime i get the chance somting goes wrong

i loved panzer dragoon

The quality of N64 was purposely reduces. A high def. TV can't restore sprites to make them look better, and no where close to umk3 arcade.

iammud

Noob
oops thanks for pointing that out. the gh version is supposed to go infront of the saturn version. yes the saturn version is just a little less buggy than psx 1.0.

does anyone know how to fix the load times using emulation for psx mk:t? it'd make that game 100x better to not have rediculous load times even when running off iso...

so help me understand this. ive watched the combo videos and tried to do some of them on my psx but i couldnt. are you saying they only work on the n64 because if thats the case im going to buy it for the n64.

hawksicken said:
so help me understand this. ive watched the combo videos and tried to do some of them on my psx but i couldnt. are you saying they only work on the n64 because if thats the case im going to buy it for the n64.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy Broken 1, 2, and three were with N64. Same as Cephalic and Morbid Kombat Trilogy.

All the combovids that feature UMK3 only has GH psx trilogy unless otherwised noted.

RoGE

Noob
Mario said:
rzp said:
which version of project have online capability? sounds good but just to play against venezuelans:p
The one I have is listed as "Project64K_0_13". But Trilogy runs extremely slow on it, and that's on my 2.8 GHZ computer.

Anyway, after seeing those awesome matches from that South American tournament, I would really like to play this game competitively -- not just against the CPU. It looks like it would be even more fun than the coin-op. When the game arrives in the mail, I'm going to try to pull away some of my friends from their Halo 2's, DOA's etc, and see if I can convert them to Trilogy. Unlikely, buy I have to try.
I know, how do you other guys run it at full speed?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
DAVE101 said:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy Broken 1, 2, and three were with N64. Same as Cephalic and Morbid Kombat Trilogy.
and I did those with a n64 controller! analog stick sucks for me, but I've seen few people who can play proficiently with that :shock:
the 6-button layout is really an advantage, I suck with those L/R triggers :x

Arrived in the mail today. On my lcd it surprisingly looks pretty good. Not as good as UMK3 but pretty close. But the sound is CRAP, the music is genesis quality and the voices and effects are pretty muddy.

As for controllers, it's pretty nice. I don't like the 6 button layout though because unlike the Genesis where you can do slides with just back + lp + block, you have to somehow hit all three buttons and back at the same time, but luckily N64 has shoulderbuttons for a 4 face layout.

But sound aside, I'm glad I got it. For a casual like myself it seems like a lot of fun to fire up and pull off Brutalities and use that crazy ass classic SubZero and the overpowered Rain and Noob Saibot.