What's new

MK Majors: What would you like to see at them? Share ideas

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Please humor me and tell me what you'd like to see on stream and at a tournament if you were attending.

IE: team tournaments? Money matches on stream? WCW intros for each player? Player bio cards? SAlt Cam?? More player interviews on stream? Less of something?

I ask because I want to know what the players want and everyone to share their ideas they have to increase the hype at tournaments even more. Trust me if you ask you will receive!!!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
MM's, Coast vs Coast, city vs city wtv stuff like that is usually really fun

Robotic

Gentleman.
Nudity.

In all seriousness, Commentators that know WTF theyre talking about. Also, less derailing of matches due to saltiness/bug talk/whatnot and more focus on the actual match - give the players the attention they deserve.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I've watched a lot of MK tourneys on stream, and one thing that I think has always been missing is an introduction to who the players are. I'm not asking for a WWE style intro, with music and them dancing down an aisle, I just want to know where the players are from, if they've placed in any big tourneys, if they are sponsored by a team. Something like that, just so I'm more invested in the winner. And a salt cam is always nice, so we can make fun of people who stick their tongues out when they play.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Oh, please replace "salty" with "going Brady" from here on out...that'd be awesome from the mic.

Tolkeen, good ideas.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
A naked mileena cosplayer, player bios maybe and there def needs a salty cam.WCW Nitro type intros are a must and when I get to final round I will expect this so dont disappoint.I'll be coming out to the goldberg theme to scare the hell outta my opponents

Edit:Yea also some commentators that actually know this game would be appreciated

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Full blown Pro Wrestling entrances with the music of the gamer's choosing. Post match salty interviews. Managers, and crazy commentators. Sneak attacks ala nWo would be exciting too.

I am totally serious. Who the hell wouldn't watch that.

kronspik

Noob
Commentators that know what they're talking about is #1. It's annoying how half the streams I watch have people who are like "Sorry I know nothing about this game. Is it like Street Fighter???"

And then their commentary is nothing but "nice combo" and "good pressure".

How much more sick would a top 8 be if the got a highlight video made of clips of there choice and a song of there choosing to accompany them before they played there game, talk about getting in the other guys head, how do you feel if everytime you play reo you gotta watch that kabal rush on mr mileena, or everytime you play 16 bit you have to watch 20 perfect iafs in a row?
Also, commentators need to quit there bitching about the game, it kills any hype there is surrounding the match when every 10 seconds someone makes you question if the winner really deserved it. Last point, if a commentator does start complaining, the players currently playing are given lawful rights to perform there own custom fatality on the offender, and bonus points for creativity.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I've always wanted this to happen but never knew how to get if off the ground or who to tell. I figure Ill just post it here since it can't hurt...

Character specific trophies. Example: If someone wins a tourney with Cyrax, they win a bomb ass (pun) replica of a Cyrax bomb...A keepsake from the tourney on top of whatever they won. If a Scorpion won, they would get a Spear replica encased in glass. If a Kabal won, they would get a replica Kabal mask, etc. It could even be used as a "winner takes the character prize" money match at tourneys if one were so inclined, creating mad hype. If Quan Chi's Amulet went against a real Kitana Fan (safe, of course) in a winner-takes-the-prize match, I'd be hype as fuck for that. Itd be even better if these were made by pros.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
In terms of commentary, the discussion about the characters needs to slow down. We need to start focusing on the players instead. It was understandable to discuss characters first since the game was new, and the players were not well known. However I think successful commentary is centered around those who are partaking in the match up. For instance, if you have Mike's Kabal against Maxter's Cyrax you could throw in a little discussion about each player and their accomplishments during downtime. While a match is going on, all attention should be towards the match. For those who watch football, think about what the commentators discuss and at what times.

Another issue is stream chat. While it's nice that everyone watching can talk to each other I don't think the commentators should be able to see it and/or interact with it. This takes away from the actual event and lowers the professionalism of a stream.

As of late I don't really watch streams anymore due to professional issues, or I am physically at the tournament. I believe these adjustments will not only increase stream viewers, but gain Mortal Kombat respect amongst more developed games like Marvel and SF.

For events outside the normal pools/top8... I think teams is the next thing we should look into. Teams can be based around city/region or just friends vs friends. It's a more dynamic way to create hype and a good post event to the main tournament. Money matches are nice, but should be restricted to situations that are really worth it. If some random guy came up to me and challenged me to a money match, I wouldn't take it. Not because I would be worried of losing, but because this person means nothing to me. However when I go over to Scotland this summer I would love to put $20.... err... euros down against Ketchup.

I've always wanted this to happen but never knew how to get if off the ground or who to tell. I figure Ill just post it here since it can't hurt...

Character specific trophies. Example: If someone wins a tourney with Cyrax, they win a bomb ass (pun) replica of a Cyrax bomb...A keepsake from the tourney on top of whatever they won. If a Scorpion won, they would get a Spear replica encased in glass. If a Kabal won, they would get a replica Kabal mask, etc. It could even be used as a "winner takes the character prize" money match at tourneys if one were so inclined, creating mad hype. If Quan Chi's Amulet went against a real Kitana Fan (safe, of course) in a winner-takes-the-prize match, I'd be hype as fuck for that. Itd be even better if these were made by pros.
That sounds total fucking badass. It would be hard to do though. how would they know what specific characters each person would use?

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I like the idea of interviews. You know trying to get to know people better, and maybe you know a post match interview where players talk about what they could have done better and stuff.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Brackets with ranks that are made and agreed upon by the entrants. The brackets can be thrown on screen whenever you guys see fit to see who is playing who and who is on a collision course to face each other. 1 would face 16, 2 would face 15 and so on.

The tourney scene has so much untapped potential for hype it's pathetic.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
More hype from the crowd. Hype the game up guys! Any match is so much more entertaining when the crowd is really animated and into it. Plus it makes the game look better and creates curiosity for the other tournament players at the actual event.

gdf

Noob
More hype from the crowd. Hype the game up guys! Any match is so much more entertaining when the crowd is really animated and into it. Plus it makes the game look better and creates curiosity for the other tournament players at the actual event.
*Ahem*
[video=youtube_share;8MjnMRjcTuw]http://youtu.be/8MjnMRjcTuw[/video]
In addition to Juggernaut's post, I suggest people take this video as a guide for how hype must be escalated.
Georgia community trailblazing.

I would like to see them starting on time....
Of all the posts in the thread, this one made me lol the most. Sorry my TYM peers.