What's new

MK FREEZING ON START SCREEN! IMPORTANT!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OK, I've seen a couple status updates on here of people complaining about MK freezing on the start screen. Unfortunately, this was AFTER I had googled the problem and saw that deleting your saved data fixes the problem. Needless to say, over a year of playing MK is down the drain for me.

I think this may be an issue with one of the updates, so I'd say be smart (unlike me) and just see what happens before deleting everything.

FUCK!

Or you can just make a backup and move the file to a flash drive, then try copying it back to your HDD at a later time.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Had this problem last night. I played another game online for a bit, went back to MK then it worked...I dunno.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
the best luck i had was disconnecting my wireless/ethernet from my xbox and taking my hard drive out and playing without either for a minute. Then put both back on and it worked. Offline practicing seems like the only thing that is working for me. If you arent connected to xbl it doesnt seem to happen.

John Grizzly

the best luck i had was disconnecting my wireless/ethernet from my xbox and taking my hard drive out and playing without either for a minute. Then put both back on and it worked. Offline practicing seems like the only thing that is working for me. If you arent connected to xbl it doesnt seem to happen.
Offline practice is or isn't working? What you just said kind of contradicts itself.

Did this just begin today, or is it a problem you've been experiencing for a while now?
It started yesterday. I was playing SSF4ae then decided that I wanted to get more exp using Shang. Then I went to practice while signed in to XBL & it froze. Then I went online & i got a match only to be disconnected. Then everytime I tried to play while signed it it froze my Xbox. I thought my disc was fried.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Offline practice is or isn't working? What you just said kind of contradicts itself.
The problem is being caused by Xbl for some reason. If you arent connected to the internet then your game should work fine. If it keeps freezing you just have to try some different things before it will work again. Dont know a sure fire way to fix it.

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
Oh snap i was all ready to buy a new one. I thought my disc had gotten the "perfect circle" scratch and tried to fix it myself....prettyyyyyy sure I fucked it up. Has anyone found a sure way to fix this yet?

John Grizzly

Oh snap i was all ready to buy a new one. I thought my disc had gotten the "perfect circle" scratch and tried to fix it myself....prettyyyyyy sure I fucked it up. Has anyone found a sure way to fix this yet?
I think the best bet is to just sit and wait at this point. Don't do what I did. =(

An a......acquaintance of mine. Haha.

Back on topic - I'm pretty fucking pissed about this. I have to go through the whole fucking stupid Krypt again now. Ugh.
I would very much like to get aquatinted with your acquaintance lol.

A few months ago all my data was shifted to my brothers profile & I had to do everything over. I was pissed