What's new

mk 12 leak from nrs ?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
It should be noted here that the Wonder Woman artwork sitting there is NOT injustice 2 concept art. It apparently gets 0 results if you google image search it as well.

now obviously they wouldn’t flat out put injustice 3 concept art but I think it’s meant to throw us off being paired next to the “MK12” in the corner

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wonder if the texts in the pictures are clues. “MK has finally met its match” combined with the Brainiac and WW could imply another MKvsDC except MKvsInjustice. But there’s also the “MK12” text on the monitor. You could also say that the pictures are of MK1 and MK2, aka MK12.

Anyway, interesting stuff.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Imagine if they communicated actual information instead of this shit that lost its charm 10 years ago…
Naw man, it’s so much better For them to release cryptic “Information“ while the game gets leaked either by staff members or data mining, rendering all this weird guessing game nonsense pointless. So cool!!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Wonder if the texts in the pictures are clues. “MK has finally met its match” combined with the Brainiac and WW could imply another MKvsDC except MKvsInjustice. But there’s also the “MK12” text on the monitor. You could also say that the pictures are of MK1 and MK2, aka MK12.

Anyway, interesting stuff.
After how well they did Joker in MK11, I’ve had the idea that another MK vs DC game COULD work if it was something like “MK vs DC Villains”. Take DC baddies or anti heros who are known for having darker stories in the comics and put them on the roster instead of the main heros, so fatals and brutals and what not won’t be a problem.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I'm not saying I like the idea, just that the theory makes sense. I would much prefer a straight-up MK12.
Yeah @theotherguy, he wasn’t saying he likes the idea of an MKvsDC/MKvsInjustice, he was saying he likes my idea of that possibly being what is “teased” in the photo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
After how well they did Joker in MK11, I’ve had the idea that another MK vs DC game COULD work if it was something like “MK vs DC Villains”. Take DC baddies or anti heros who are known for having darker stories in the comics and put them on the roster instead of the main heros, so fatals and brutals and what not won’t be a problem.
I personally think a modern MKvsInjustice game could be great. MKvsDC was when they were still stuck in the 3D MK era phase, and of course, still stuck at Midway (aka before NRS & WB).

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I personally think a modern MKvsInjustice game could be great. MKvsDC was when they were still stuck in the 3D MK era phase, and of course, still stuck at Midway (aka before NRS & WB).
I definitely wouldn’t be opposed, I think it deserves a second chance at being an actual game and not being a weird 3D mess during Midways bankruptcy days. I’d like to see a NRS crossover game done right

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just seems tricky license-wise in the modern era. MK has become darker and gorier than in the 3D era, whereas you can’t really touch the DC characters. It’d be a strange mix for that reason.

I remember when Injustice characters showed a bit more damage (still nothing compared to MK), and they had to patch it out. You wouldn’t even be able to show an xray/krushing blow on a DC character, which would be pretty strange for the post-MK9 era.

Seems more likely that they’d just make MK12 so it can have the personality that an MK game is supposed to have.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Just seems tricky license-wise in the modern era. MK has become darker and gorier than in the 3D era, whereas you can’t really touch the DC characters. It’d be a strange mix for that reason.

I remember when Injustice characters showed a bit more damage (still nothing compared to MK), and they had to patch it out. You wouldn’t even be able to show an xray/krushing blow on a DC character, which would be pretty strange for the post-MK9 era.

Seems more likely that they’d just make MK12 so it can have the personality that an MK game is supposed to have.
Things might have changed since then. They do have that Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League game coming out. I'd imagine some of the JL members are gonna get murdered pretty brutally.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

It could definitely work. Since it wouldn’t really be an MK game OR an Injustice one, you could definitely remove the brutal animations for “xrays/fatal blows”, as well as of course, remove fatalities & brutalities. None of these things are at all essential. You could still have supers/xrays/fatal blows or whatever, you just don’t need them to be overly graphic. As I said, since it wouldn’t be an MK or an Injustice game, they could take a lot of liberties and have a bit more freedom and not be constrained by the previous iterations of either franchise.

Also, this was the same exact discussion and concerns with the original MKvsDC. Regardless of anything else, I’m quite sure that if NRS & WB wanted to go this route, they wouldn’t have any issues with “licensing”. Pretty sure they’re capable of handling it properly so all parties would agree & be happy.

Anyway, I’d much rather see Injustice 3 or MK12. I just wouldn’t be against an MKvsInjustice and think they could make a really cool modernized version.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

I remember when Injustice characters showed a bit more damage (still nothing compared to MK), and they had to patch it out. You wouldn’t even be able to show an xray/krushing blow on a DC character, which would be pretty strange for the post-MK9
I’ve always found that hypocritical by DC, as many of their own comics featuring these characters have R-rated levels of violence & other “adult” content.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It should be noted here that the Wonder Woman artwork sitting there is NOT injustice 2 concept art. It apparently gets 0 results if you google image search it as well.

now obviously they wouldn’t flat out put injustice 3 concept art but I think it’s meant to throw us off being paired next to the “MK12” in the corner
Well, MKvsDC IS MK8, so it would follow that MKvsDC 2 would be MK12.

Edit: at least if it was released right now.