What's new

MK 11 Roster Break-Down

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Wow, didn't realize most of the roster has been confirmed. Please let the last three be Shang, Rain, and Noob because it's looking meh at the moment. I'm playing it regardless so hopefully it will grow on me. There's still DLC too so not all hope is lost.

mattteo

Noob

Oh. wow, felt the need to twist the knife, didn't you?

If NRS chose just 1 of those characters doesn't mean they did the best thing for the roster. In fact, they made the least interesting roster possible.

Also, there's just 1 character from MK3 (Kabal). There are only 3 charcaters from MK2.

You see my point? All MK1 characters are promoted in every game (Sonya Bland, Johnny, Liu Kang, Raiden, Kano, Scorpion, Sub-Zero-7, probably Shang Tsung too, last time was Goro). Rest of introduced characters get shafted, not only from the 3D era.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s because the MK 1-3 characters were in the games that made people love MK and the 3D ones are in the games that destroyed the franchise and Midway. Then it was the MK 1-3 characters plus Kenshi and Quan who made people love it again and turned it into a legitimate fighting game series in MK9.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Alright so I guess I'm in acceptance now. I just want one between Rain, Fujin or Shang Tsung, hopefully the latter, in the main roster and I'll be ok with it. Please.
It's a process, man. We'll get there. Def need Shang though ;)

mattteo

Noob
It’s because the MK 1-3 characters were in the games that made people love MK and the 3D ones are in the games that destroyed the franchise and Midway. Then it was the MK 1-3 characters plus Kenshi and Quan who made people love it again and turned it into a legitimate fighting game series in MK9.

You still don;t get it. It;s not MK1-MK3 characters. It's MK1 characters in every game!!!!

It's just Kabal from MK3, as it is Frost from MKDA.

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Why is mileena in the roster? Was there a leak? All signs pointed to her not being in it.

I thought she was extremely unlikely to be in the main roster but definitely DLC

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
You still don;t get it. It;s not MK1-MK3 characters. It's MK1 characters in every game!!!!

And it was just Ermac from MK3 in MKX :eek:. But Mk2 was represented in MKX, only missing Shang and Baraka...and Smoke...and Shao Kahn...and Jade...:eek:

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Why is mileena in the roster? Was there a leak? All signs pointed to her not being in it.

I thought she was extremely unlikely to be in the main roster but definitely DLC
Sorry, that's supposed to be Skarlet, although I can see where she could be mistaken as Mileena in that pic.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.

Okay, so assuming this is a very close approximation of the roster (and we're only counting 21 spots instead of the full 26 since we don't know the three new characters genders, and we don't know if Noob and Shang are truly in), let's do a bit of math with it.

Female Characters: 8/21 = 38%
VS
Male Characters: 13/21 = 62%

Classic: 13/21 = 62%
VS
MKX: 5/21 = 24%
VS
MK9: 1/21 = 4%
VS
3D Era: 1/21 = 4%
*I'm missing 6% somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out where lol

New characters in comparison to the overall roster: 4/26 = 15%.

Just some fun details. :)
LOL. Listen. I mean NO OFFENSE! Honestly

I can't stop laughing.

That image of Cassie looks like my co workers ID badge.

I love the 4% chance of 3D era....

Why'd you do this?

Yo. I'm dying.

Wow. Y'all need to chill. Seriously. Just...

Again I mean no offense we're all really excited and anxious and can't wait to play and have a great time. Guess the roster is fun too. I understand.

But really.

Yo. Whoo. Yeah.

My ribs.

I firmly believe that Noob and Shang will fill up the last spots.
I dont think we are getting 26 characters. 24 out of 25 is basically given. Other then the 20 leaked from steam, we are getting Kahn, Geras, Kitana and Johnny. The last spot is probably for Rain. We have already seen his picture in the main menu and for what it is worth Sonic had him listed as his main during the reveal exibition. Also consider the fact that he was already sold as dlc in MK9. They really cant justify selling the same dlc character again. Noob will definitely be DLC (unless he is a hidden character) and Shang Tsung hopefully aswell. However if we did get 26 characters. My money is on Shang for the final slot.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

So we're just ignoring Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, and Kung Lao in MKX? Ok makes sense.

But if you were right and it really is only the MK1 characters get special treatment... shouldn't that make you HAPPY? That means fewer of the same characters every game!

Sounds like you have no idea what you want.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
LOL. Listen. I mean NO OFFENSE! Honestly

I can't stop laughing.

That image of Cassie looks like my co workers ID badge.

I love the 4% chance of 3D era....

Why'd you do this?

Yo. I'm dying.

Wow. Y'all need to chill. Seriously. Just...

Again I mean no offense we're all really excited and anxious and can't wait to play and have a great time. Guess the roster is fun too. I understand.

But really.

Yo. Whoo. Yeah.

My ribs.
Lol, yeah I know, it isn't my best work, at all XD But it was a lot of fun to put together, to pass the time, and to give myself a visual while I wait.

Hell, if it gives everyone a good laugh at the same time, no sweat off my back. I'd rather people get a good laugh and be happy. :D

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
How do you all know jac stands for jacqui and not jackson briggs ? Im sure it will be jax not jacqui . You ask why ? Simple fact that not many ppl liked her in mk x and ofc they would not put JAX on steam achievement list as its full character name and they put only first 3 like liu err and so on :D

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
How do you all know jac stands for jacqui and not jackson briggs ? Im sure it will be jax not jacqui . You ask why ? Simple fact that not many ppl liked her in mk x and ofc they would not put JAX on steam achievement list as its full character name and they put only first 3 like liu err and so on :D
It's a possibillity, nobody knows for certain. But Jacqui is more likely imo. I mean his ingame name was Jax in the past games. And if they did ANY amount of thinking about how they're naming these achievements, this leak wouldn't be a thing in the first place :D

mattteo

Noob
Why didn't you group Liu Kang with Kung Lao, Kitana and Kabal and Kotal Kahn with Erron Black (and D'vorah though maybe that's not the case anymore)

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Why didn't you group Liu Kang with Kung Lao, Kitana and Kabal and Kotal Kahn with Erron Black (and D'vorah though maybe that's not the case anymore)
To be honest, I just placed them where I felt they stood out the best. :)