What's new

MK 11 Jade, Fujin,QUAN Chi "concept art" Proposal

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Any art of Jade that makes her a white woman is an instant no from me.

That said, the pussy protector armor piece here is weird as hell lmao

Jesus, can someone change the title to "fan art" instead of "concept art"? It was surely not meant that way but that sounds very misleading.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Quan Chi looks LIT in this design, If he's somehow a returning character this is how i would him to look.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
-Fujin looks awesome.
-I like Quan Chi reinterpretation, like he survived something terrible.
-Drahmin looks a lot better than the original concept.
-Not a fan of any of jade's new outfit proposals.
Great work overall. b(^.^)b

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like the first two Jade concepts, they're alright and have potentia.

Quan and Drahmin's pretty cool.

Not a fan of Fujin's though. Looks too animeish and no freaking lame, trendy man buns for the God of Wind please...

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
The Jade costumes just don't look Jade like with her color motif being mostly black and gold is goofy along with her accessories.

As Sindel said earlier, I don't like any designs that change a character's racial looks/characteristics. Jade debuted as a darker skinned Edenian. I would understand if the person went for Arabian or African complexion/features but it's such a deviation from the character that the staff and saying it's Jade are the ONLY indicators for me.

Drahmin looks excellent and is actually the only one I like of the four styles. The spiked club arm and face mask redesigns are perfect. I would enjoy seeing Drahmin back very much but I don't have a whole lot of faith in him coming to the yard.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
As Sindel said earlier, I don't like any designs that change a character's racial looks/characteristics. Jade debuted as a darker skinned Edenian. I would understand if the person went for Arabian or African complexion/features but it's such a deviation from the character that the staff and saying it's Jade are the ONLY indicators for me.
There are so few black women in video games to begin with, especially dark-skinned, that it's just like, please stop. When Tanya showed up in the MKX story looking like she was Middle Eastern instead of the clearly African-featured woman she had been in MK4 and Deception I was so irked I actually went and bothered the character modeler on Tumblr lmao. He assured me I would be happy with the final DLC model, and I was.

Jade's official art and renders for MK9 also made her super light-skinned. They at least got it right in-game, but it's a weird pattern. These were very clearly black women in the 3D era games!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
There's a reason why they wear masks, and it's not because half of them are ninjas.
While I agree the female faces in MK vs DC and MK9 were not great, I thought the ones in MKX were mostly fine and a lot of the ones in IJ2 are actually gorgeous (especially Harley, Ivy and Canary) -- I have high hopes for MK11.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The faces of females were fine in MK X honestly and I2. I'm sure they'll look sweet in MK 11. I liked some in MK 9, I did think they could have looked better but they weren't nearly as bad as some people cried about either. Personally, I've never really paid much mind to the trivial complaints like that or boob size or someone's lips that the crazy feminists/critics bitch about "omg your game objectifies women" blah, blah, blah. It's like, it's a video game please STFU. I think the whole uber PC gig is ruining shit, my 2 cents.

Yup, exactly my thoughts. It's like after scorp beheaded him he returns with those braces designed to keep his head on his shoulders.
Exactly, like it's help healing his head being reattached or something while looking badass.

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Raiden's a god, his body is nothing more than a vessel, he could come back as hispanic if he wanted, or blue.
It's canon even that he has different forms and names, because he's the god of thunder in every culture -- hence Nightwolf calling him Haokah. We just see him as Raiden because the Elder Gods seem hyperfocused on East Asia and the Shaolin for whatever reason (the reason is martial arts movie inspiration, obviously).

It's canon even that he has different forms and names, because he's the god of thunder in every culture -- hence Nightwolf calling him Haokah. We just see him as Raiden because the Elder Gods seem hyperfocused on East Asia and the Shaolin for whatever reason (the reason is martial arts movie inspiration, obviously).
And then there's Shinnok, who is literally blue.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Raiden comes from Japanese mythology as the God of Thunder, cuz his name means "Lightning".

Whereas, Fujin is, also, from Japanese mythology as the God of Wind, and it means "Wind God".

Shinnok looks like alien for me, because he reminds me of the aliens in the trance track "Blue - Da Ba Dee". And that bald lady and Quan Chi remind me of Hellriser. lol