What's new

General/Other - Scorpion MIT's Scorpion write up from the Playstation Expo here in Las Vegas

trufenix

bye felicia
MKDC doesn't really count to me, but technically it's been b,b,1 for the past two MK games.
It's weird, I checked last night. It was B,F for all the PS2 era games, then they went to B,B in vsDC and 9, and now they're back to B,F. I thought it had something to do with backdash options selects, but I think now maybe Scorpion's lead designer is just a pothead.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It's weird, I checked last night. It was B,F for all the PS2 era games, then they went to B,B in vsDC and 9, and now they're back to B,F. I thought it had something to do with backdash options selects, but I think now maybe Scorpion's lead designer is just a pothead.
That could very well be it. Just a random decision.

I don't know if there's a functional reasoning behind it. MKDA/D/A didn't have a forward dash. Characters covered a big chunk of ground initially in their walk animations and you could cancel out of it, although it wasn't really a dash. But there was a backdash which was sort of this hop-step with a built in stance switch. I can't remember off hand if any characters had a "b,b" move but I don't think they did. I suppose I could see that as being a reason why not.

Then MKDC took away dashes. I'm sure they knew the game was going to be this experiment for the throwback MK9, too. So classic inputs could be used again.

Now MKX has committed dashes, so "b,b" is out again... I guess. I don't know.

Umm he had something different from what I noticed. Like he would throw them to the ground, but it was... different haha. I tested it out a bit, but he pretty much did a normal grab in the air.
Can I ask what variation you used the air throw in? And since they haven't shown it in any gameplay yet, do you think NRS has scraped the move or they're saving it as some kinda surprise?

Can I ask what variation you used the air throw in? And since they haven't shown it in any gameplay yet, do you think NRS has scraped the move or they're saving it as some kinda surprise?
I actually just did a mb air throw within a combo, so no more jump kick air throw but his jump kick is still hella good.